Insecurities

Operation Salvage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I just checked with the hotel and they said Yoona booked a flight back to Korea this morning.” Junho informed. Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho and Taeyeon were sitting on benches near the beach. It was a really pretty place with crystal clear waters and powder-like sand. There were not many people so the surroundings were peaceful. They could hear the waves crash against the shore and it just made the atmosphere even more ideal. It would have been the perfect place to have a wedding and honeymoon if not for what had happened.

“I see… That’s a relief. I’ve been trying to contact her but she hasn’t been picking up. Maybe she still hasn’t reached Korea yet.” Taeyeon said, obviously relieved that Yoona had not done anything rash.

Taecyeon was also relieved as well because he was extremely worried about Yoona, but that news only took away a bit of the things weighing his heart down in the moment. He was sure that Yoona was the only one, and he sincerely loved Yoona with all his heart. When she agreed to marry him, he was ecstatic - to him, his life was complete. But why did she just leave him like that? Was he truly not enough for her?

 All the thoughts Taecyeon was having in his mind made him even more depressed by the minute. His head was hung low no matter how the three tried to comfort him.

Thinking that she should contact Yoona and talk to her, and that the guys would need some alone time, Taeyeon excused herself, saying she would go to the hotel to check in first. She then gave Taecyeon a comforting rub on his back, before she grabbed her luggage and headed off after saying goodbye.

“Taeyeon!”

While waiting for the taxi, Taeyeon heard her name being called and turned around to see Wooyoung running after her. She then gave a curious look in response.

“I just wanted to say… About what Junho said just now, don’t think too much about it.” Wooyoung said nervously.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Just now when we were waiting for Taecyeon.”

“Oh! Haha, I don’t mind at all, don’t worry.” Taeyeon smiled to reassure Wooyoung.

“Oh. Then that’s okay.” Wooyoung replied awkwardly.

“You’re the one that’s most bothered by it, aren’t you?” Taeyeon said knowingly, with a gentle expression on her face.

“NO, who says so?” Wooyoung stubbornly refused to admit.

“Eyy, stop acting so cool~” Taeyeon said teasingly. Wooyoung then made a ‘tch’ sound, to which Taeyeon gave a giggle.  After a while, Taeyeon gave a sigh.

“Some things are so unexpected. I thought things will go well with Taec and Yoona.”

“Me too. I really wonder what went wrong.” Wooyoung said, sighing as well. The taxi then came and Taeyeon gathered her belongings. Wooyoung quickly helped her with them and loaded them on the taxi for her.

“I’d have accompanied you if not for Taecyeon. I’ll have to help with the cleaning up too.” Wooyoung said, after loading the luggage onto the taxi.

“It’s okay. I think you’d better stay with Taecyeon too. The poor guy seems so depressed, I’m pretty sure he needs the company. I’ll see you later then, Youngie!” Taeyeon said and gave a smile. Taeyeon was about to get onto the taxi, when Wooyoung suddenly stopped her.

“Taeng…”

“Hmm?”

“Stay safe.” When Taeyeon looked his way, Wooyoung quickly pecked Taeyeon on the cheek before looking away shyly. It has been a long time since the two started dating but Taeyeon never failed to be surprised at Wooyoung's sudden displays of affection and skinship. Taeyeon was stunned for a while before she gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter