Complete

Operation Salvage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-A week after Taecyeon and Yoona’s wedding, back in Korea-

“Why are we here?” Taeyeon asked, as Wooyoung pulled her by the hand. The couple was at the lush meadow once again. It was a beautiful day – the sun shone warmly on their heads, and the meadow smelled of freshly bloomed flowers that decorated the landscape.

“I wanted to come here. It’s such a meaningful place for the both of us, no?” Wooyoung said, smiling.

“Well, yes, but I thought you wanted to watch a movie?”

“That can wait. This place is a thousand times better. Besides, there’s only the two of us here.” Taeyeon smiled shyly back, squeezing Wooyoung’s hand tightly. Wooyoung then guided her to a tree, and sat down. He patted the spot on the grass beside him, signaling Taeyeon to come. The couple sat in the shade and enjoyed the breeze for a while. Taeyeon then leaned her head against his shoulder, and he kissed the crown of her head, before leaning his cheek against her head.

After enjoying a comfortable silence, Wooyoung suddenly spoke, “Taeng, do you remember the time when I proposed to you here when we were kids?”

“How could I forget? This is still with me.” Taeyeon lifted her head up, before she took out the necklace she always wore. On the necklace were two rings – the toy ring that Wooyoung had given her when they were young, and another ring, which made Wooyoung’s eyes widen in surprise.

“Wait, what is that? I mean, why is it with you?” Wooyoung asked in confusion, taking the silver ring in his hand.    

“Yoona gave it to me on the day of the engagement party. She said she somehow found it, and thought that I had the right to know of the existence of it.” Taeyeon replied, taking off the necklace and letting Wooyoung look at it more closely. He brushed his fingers on the interior side of the ring. The words engraved reflected against the sunlight – Youngie ♥ Taengoo forever.

“This made me think a lot that night... It was something I kept at the back of my mind all the time. But I guess I took a long time to realize that I wanted to wear this ring on my hand instead.” Taeyeon said, smiling.

“But well, someone-” Taeyeon gave Wooyoung a look, “-got the size wrong and it slips off easily, so I wore it on a necklace instead.”

Wooyoung got up on his feet, before holding out his hand to help his girlfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter