Farewell Tao

Not a normal love story II

Sohyun was sitting on the bed when suddenly Tao walked in. “Get out.” She said not letting him explain himself. “Sorry, but this is also my room. We’ve been living together for almost 2 years now, you know me better than this. I know that you don’t want to see me right now, but darling I’m begging you, I don’t want to lose you.” He said as he came closer to Sohyun and sat down next to her. “I don’t want to lose you either, but I especially don’t want to get hurt.” Sohyun said before she stood up from the bed and walked towards the nursery. “I want to be alone for a minute.” She said as she sensed Tao following her. “O-okay.”

It was quiet in the room. Tao sat down on the bed before he jumped up, hearing Sohyun scream. He ran towards the nursery to see Sohyun on the floor crying her heart out. “NO!” She yelled several of times. Tao got closer to her. “Babe, what’s wrong?” He asked her, but she couldn’t talk. “Xiao.. Xiao..” She tried to speak but Tao didn’t understand what she was saying. He decided to take a  look at the kids to see if they were okay.

Yi Fei was perfectly fine and calm as always but Xiao Tao was Pale, had blue lips and was cold. He tried to wake him, but he didn’t respond. Tao suddenly felt a hand on his leg. He looked down at Sohyun who softly shook her head. “No..” Tao whispered as he put Xiao Tao back in his bed and lowered himself down. It didn’t take long before everyone who lived in the house was in the nursery. Tao was hugging Sohyun as tight as he could. They were both crying but Tao tried to keep it in. slowly Sohyun started to wrap her arms around Tao. Shin Ae walked towards the kids before she realized what was going on. Once she knew she pointed at Jisoo. “Call an ambulance!”

Tao’s POV.

Jisoo ran out of the nursery while he was already calling the emergency number. My mom took Xiao Tao and lay him on the carpet upon the floor and started to give him a heart massage. Sohyun who was in my arms, tried to keep her tears in. After a few minutes Jisoo came back into the room. “A-ambulance.. is.. coming..” He stuttered before he walked back out of the room with tears on his face. Samuel was lost in thoughts while Yi Fei started crying. Sohyun pushed me away and tried to calm Yi Fei down and tried to make her stop crying.

“Samuel, get me a hot towel, Minhyuk go check on Jisoo. Zi Tao go outside to look for the ambulance.” My mom said. Everyone did whatever she asked us to do, so I went outside to wait for the ambulance.

Samuel’s POV.

I got back from the bathroom to get auntie a hot towel. I saw my sister in tears, auntie doing her best to save Xiao Tao and Minhyuk hugging my sister as he tried to comfort her. “Where is Jisoo?” I asked since he was the only one who wasn’t here. “He’s in your room making a phone call.” Minhyuk said as he shifted his eyes from my sister to me to give me a small gentle smile before he looked back at my sister with a worried look on his face.

I decided to go to my room. I don’t care if Jisoo is there or not, it’s my room as well. I opened the door and to my surprise Jisoo wasn’t there. I lay down on my bed. After staying in the same position for about five minutes Jisoo walked in. He looked at me with a worried look on his face. “Jinny is coming over soon. A-are you o-okay?” He asked me and sounded actually really worried. “Yeah, I’m fine.. How are you?” I asked just to be polite. “Don’t lie to me. I know you’re hurt.” He said before he came closer to me. I sat up and Jisoo came to sit next to me.

“You know…” He started before he wrapped his one arm around me. “ I’ve never had someone who cares for me. When I met you and your sister I was so jealous of you. I’ve also never known my father. When I saw you with yours.. I didn’t know why you were so happy to see someone who left you, your mom and your sister so many years ago. But now I do know why, he’s the only one you want to take care of you isn’t it?” Jisoo said like he was reading my mind. I looked at him and didn’t know what to say.

“The only one who takes care of me is my mom and my brother. My mom was and still is too busy with her job to even notice that I needed her as a kid. My brother has his own life, he’s a drummer, young and wants to see the world and that’s impossible with a kid hanging around him. I know we made a falls start but I was wondering if we could become friends. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done. The fighting, the swearing, everything I’ve done, I’m really sorry Samuel.” He said and I felt the sincerity in his voice and I saw tears in his eyes. My eyes started to swell up and tears slowly rolled over my cheek. Before my tears could fall, Jisoo dried them.

“Omo! Gwenchanni?!” Jinny asked when she ran in our room. “Me and Samuel are just talking.” He said before he gave me a little smile. That smile doesn’t look like his brother’s at all. “Ah… Just talking? N-not fighting?” She asked as she looked at us in surprise. “Don’t ask me, ask Samuel.” He said before he looked at me and smiled. For the first time I smiled at Jisoo and nodded my head. “He apologized for his behavior and even asked me if we could be friends.” I said as I turned my head to Jinny to give her a smile.

“Wow.. So you guys.. are friends now?” She asked us, still not believing what we just told her. “Yeah, seems like it to me.” Jisoo said casually. “Yeah, I like this more than us fighting.” I said before I smiled at Jisoo only to get a smile back. Jinny finally smiled as she started to believe what’s going on. “I’m so happy for you guys! But why did you call me? You sounded so sad on the phone.” Jinny asked and our smiles quickly faded. “You know who my cousin is, right?” Jisoo asks and Jinny nods her head. “Yeah, Huang Zi Tao from EXO. What does he-” Before she could finish her sentence, Jisoo cut her off. “He’s married to Samuel's  sister and has a twin… but, one of the two has to go to the hospital and I’m.. terrified.” He said honestly and started to tear up again. There were a few seconds of silence before we heard Tao scream.

“AMBULANCE IS HERE!”

Sohyun’s POV.

I was shocked when suddenly 2 men and a woman came in the nursery. The woman walked directly to me and Minhyuk while one man was talking to auntie and the other looking at the baby, preparing a machine to see what his condition is. “Hello. I’m Jia, and you must be the baby’s mother, right?” Jia asked. “Yeah.. how is he? Is he going to make it?” I asked. Jia looked at her colleague with a questioning look on her face, but her colleague didn’t seem to believe that Xiao Tao was going to make. “We’ll do our very best to save your son, miss. Huang” Jia said trying to comfort me.

Later that night at the hospital.

“Ms. and Mr. Huang?” The doctor asked as he got out of the emergency room. Sohyun and Tao stoop up greeting the doctor. “Please have a seat..” The doctor started. He took a deep breath before he looked at them and started talking. “Ms. Huang, Mr. Huang, I’ve done my best, I truly have but your son didn’t make it. He was fighting for his life before we even arrived. Everything I could have tried, I have tried, but he was already gone. If you want you may go and see him.” He said.

“Maybe it’s better to not do that.” Minhyuk told Sohyun. “No, I need to see my baby. How did he die?” Sohyun asked the doctor desperate for answers. “It’s not a rare case. It’s a syndrome called SIDS, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.” The doctor said as he opened the door to the ER. Minhyuk, Jisoo, Samuel and Jinny stayed in the waiting room. Sohyun, Tao and Shin Ae went inside and saw a little figure laying on a bed with a thin blanket over his face. “I want to see him.” Sohyun said. Shin Ae turned around and walked outside. She didn’t want to see this.

Tao who actually didn’t want to see the dead body of his own son, stayed to support Sohyun. “Honey, I think Minhyuk is right. Maybe this isn’t the best choice.” Tao said trying to convince Sohyun so they won’t have a bad memory of their deceased kid. “No, I want to say goodbye to my son.” She said. “I know that you can’t watch this, you’ll get nightmares again, like from that horror movie but worse. If you want you can go.” She added

Meanwhile in the waiting room.

Minhyuk’s POV.

Me, Jisoo, Jinny and Samuel sat quietly in the waiting room when suddenly my aunt rushed out of the ER.. “Aunt Shin Ae.. are you okay?” I asked even though it’s stupid question. “I c-couldn’t… it’s.. I.. I c-can’t.” she stuttered out. “Let’s go outside for a moment, auntie!” Samuel said. He knew that he is one of the only things who can make her smile again next to Yi Fei and pictures of Tao as a kid. “Okay, let’s go outside for a while.” My aunt tried to smile. I watched as aunt Shin Ae and Samuel went outside.

A little while later Tao came out of the ER. as well. “Where is Sohyun?” I asked when I noticed that he was alone. Jisoo looked up from the floor and Jinny who was outside the hospital to smoke came back inside. “She wants to see him.. But I couldn’t..” He said. He looks so much like his mother right now. “She’s in there alone?!” Jinny asked. “Yeah, why?” Tao asked. “Seeing such things and having no one to share the feeling with can make her act really depressive.” She said with a worried tone. “It wouldn’t surprise me. Someone so pure of heart, if she sees him, she’ll crash.” Jisoo said.

I didn’t care if only doctors or visitors in supervision of a doctor or nurse is allowed to go in the ER. I went inside and I saw Sohyun with her one hand covering as she softly sobbed and her other hand gripping on the bed’s end. I ran closer to her. When I finally got to her, I took her one arm and twisted her around so she would be facing me. “Cry. Don’t keep it in. I’ll catch you when you fall. Let me say goodbye to Xiao Tao first.” I said.

I came closer to the little boy’s corpse and covered his face with a blanket that was laying double-folded on him. “Rest in peace, my little nephew.” I said before I turned back to Sohyun who was watching how I said goodbye to Xiao Tao. “Close your eyes and think about happy times of Xiao Tao, not what has happened today.” I said and she did as I requested. “Let’s go home.” I said. I didn’t want her to see this any longer. Sohyun turned around and hugged me before she started crying. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a kiss on her forehead. “Let’s go home.” I repeated.

Back in the house.

Sohyun’s POV.

We arrived back at the house. I didn’t want to go in. I didn’t want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to be alone. “Are you coming, sweetie?” Tao asked me as he held the door of the car open for me. “O-oh.” I said as I snapped out of my thoughts. “Where is Yi Fei?!” I asked in panic. “It’s okay. She’s with Jinny, Jisoo and Samuel.” Tao said. “Where is Minhyuk?” I don’t know why but if I need to talk to someone, it has to be him. “He’s inside, why?” Tao asked. I just ignored Tao’s question and ran inside.

As I walked in I saw Auntie drying her tears. I didn’t see Minhyuk anywhere so I decided to go look for him upstairs. I eventually found him in his room. “Do you mind if I come in?” I asked Minhyuk. He looked up from the floor and quickly dried his tears. “No, I don’t mind at all. Come in.” He said as he stood up from his chair that was placed in front of his desk. “What brings you here?” He asked as he walked to my side and guided me to his bed for the both of us to sit down.

“I wanted to talk to someone, but I can’t talk to Jisoo and Samuel, they’re just kids. I can’t talk to auntie and Tao, it only breaks my heart even more. I can’t talk to Jinny, she isn’t my friend, I barely even know her. You’re the only one I can talk to. So please just hear me out.” I said. Minhyuk smiled and nodded in response to tell me to talk.

Tao’s POV.

I laid on my bed wondering what to do. I can’t just sit here doing nothing. Sohyun wants to be with Minhyuk, I really don’t like the thought of Sohyun preferring him over me. I mean she’s my wife and yet she prefers someone who she knows I can’t stand. My mom is giving Jinny and Jisoo a ride home. Jisoo is staying with Jinny for the night while Samuel locked himself up in his room. I am alone. With that thought I took my phone out of my pocket. I looked through my contact list and smiled when I crossed his name.

Two seconds after I found his number I decided to call him and to my surprise he picked up his phone. “Yo, Tao! What’s up?” I heard his voice and my smile widened even more. “Hey Zhoumi. Are you in for a party tonight? I can use it.” I said. “Yeah man, all the time. Who’s coming?” Zhoumi asked me probably referring to some girls he can spend the night with. “Well, if you want I’ll invite Luhan, Lay, and Kris.” I said teasing Zhoumi a little. “No, dude! Bring some fine honeys to party with.” He answered. “What the hell!” I heard a girl’s voice in the background screaming at Zhoumi. Probably a girl who doesn’t know that his longest love affair lasted 3 days.

“Sorry man. That crazy chick still thinks we’re together.” Zhoumi said like it’s a miracle that a girl wants to stay by his side. Even though I’m perfectly straight, I got to say that Zhoumi is quite handsome. “So, where and when?” I asked Zhoumi who was probably already drinking. “Club The Twisted, come ASAP! Text me if you’re here.” And with that he hung up the phone.

I twisted my body to Sohyun’s side of the bed. I took a piece of paper and a pen. “I’m going out with one of my friends. See you tomorrow.” I’ve put a little hart and 3 kisses next to it before I left it there. I stood up from the bed and walked downstairs. I took my wallet, car keys and coat and with that I left. As I got in my car I noticed something strange. “Why does my car smell like a perfume shop?” I got back out of my car and decided to go with my Hyundai Santa Fe. I have 2 cars. My mom has 3 cars and Sohyun is going to get one. Minhyuk is saving his money to buy a car as well. Jisoo prefers a motorcycle and for Samuel, well that’s a mystery.

I opened the door of my Hyundai and stepped in. I started the engine and noticed that same smell. I looked at my air-conditioning system and it had an air refresher attached on it. “Mom…” I said to myself. I removed the air refresher and threw it somewhere in our garage. That’s the 5th this week and we’re Wednesday… I buckled my seat and started driving. I knew what club Zhoumi was talking about. I smiled but at the same time I started to get worried. The Twisted is known for its drug dealing business and to make it even worse you can find high school kids in there.

Fifteen minutes later I arrived at the club. As always, a huge line of people wanting to get in and music blasting so loud I could hear what they’re playing inside. I took my phone and texted Zhoumi. “I’m outside the club.” And with that I went to the front. I cut the whole entire row off and walked straight to the huge door with a big bouncer in front of it. At the same time I wanted to explain myself to the bouncer, Zhoumi tapped the bouncer’s shoulder.

“He’s with me. It’s Tao like I told you.” The bouncer looked at me as he took a photo out of his pocket. “Yes, that’s him alright. Welcome to The Twisted. Have fun.” He said and as I passed him he whispered something that I almost forgot. “Never leave your glass, buy your own drinks and be careful, sir.” I gave him a small nod and continued going deeper into the crowd. Me and Zhoumi walked to a stairway with two bouncers in front of it. “It’s okay, he’s with me.” Zhoumi said and the bouncers let us pass.

I followed Zhoumi all the way upstairs where we sat down in a spacious dark red room. In the room where three wasted girls, a lot of empty beer cans and several bottles of champagne. “Want something to drink?” Zhoumi asked. “Yeah.. something strong, please.” I said. “Suzy, two vodka’s please.” Zhoumi said and one of the girls stood up. “And get the girls some drinks too.” He said and Suzy made a little bow before walking off to a bar where all kinds of bottles where collected. She opened a new bottle and poured five glasses of vodka before bringing it to us.

“Suzy, Mei, Melanie, this is Tao, a friend of mine. Tao, these girls are wasted as , but so am I, please don’t do any weird stuff if you would end up drunk as well.” Zhoumi said earning laughter from me and the girls. “I drove myself, if I drink too much it’s going to be dangerous.” I said showing him my car keys. “No, drink how much you want. If you end up wasted, like us, I'll tell my driver to get you home first.” Zhoumi offered. After all I can do what I came here for. To forget everything that happened today. “Deal!” I said and before I know the whole bottle of vodka was empty.

 

A/N: Yeah, i'm back. Sorry my dear readers that it took so long, hope you enjoyed it!