Chapter 6

To Have Him

"Hey Soo, you asleep yet?"

Baekhyun says on the other line, and Kyungsoo could here him hiccuping and sniffing as he awaited for him to respond. Kyungsoo sighs, rubbing his forehead and placing his pencil down the table. He was working on his project already and he was already studying for midterms, well he got bored and he didn't felt like playing games for now, so he'll study instead. 

"No, but its like 1 AM already, why you still up?"

Kyungsoo says, standing up. He walks his way to the kitchen, opening the lights to make him see better. He opens the fridge, finding something to drink. Damn, its empty. He groans and closes it, seems like he should go on the market. 

"Soo, Yeollie and I had a fight a-and..."

He cries even harder, so Kyungsoo had to move his phone away from his ear, and he places it on his ear again and he walks to his room, finding some jeans in his drawer.

"Take your time, take your time"

Kyungsoo takes his jeans and puts it on, not minding to change his shirt at all. Well, he is only wearing a plain white shirt, so he didn't bother. He takes his wallet that was on his table and puts it in his pocket. He scratches his hair and takes the keys, walking out. 

"He w-wants us to break up"

He hiccups through the phone, and Kyungsoo gapes in awe. 

"What? Really?"

Kyungsoo says, his voice raising as he locks the door, walking on the sidewalk. The market are just a few blocks away, near the coffee shop that Jongin and him went in. Jongin. 

"I dont know what to do Soo!"

Baekhyun shouts, and Kyungsoo flinched. Baekhyun sniffs and blows his nose, and Kyungsoo bites his lower lip. He rubs the back of his neck and he hisses. Byun Baekhyun was really madly in love with Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun would stalk him everyday, every hour, every minute, and even a damn second when they were still not together. And Baekhyun would often cry if he heard if Chanyeol was hurt, he would be hurt as well. And even though Kyungsoo was a homophobic , he cheered for him. Well, he is his best friend after all. It took months just to give Chanyeol a damn love letter from Baekhyun. Kyungsoo patted his back for growing enough balls to give it to Chanyeol. 

"Maybe Chanyeol just had a bad day that's all"

Kyungsoo goes in the market, searching for milk and water. He takes on jug of milk, and he narrows his eyes, thinking. He takes one more, just in case. And he takes a bottle of water as well, putting it on his basket. He goes to the counter, looking around the market.

"W-well... maybe.."

Baekhyun says, already calming down. Kyungsoo sighs in relief and takes the bags, saying thank you and opening the door. He walks again, looking at the coffee shop and he kept remembering Jongin. He looks away and keeps walking. He pouts, kicking stones below his feet. He needs to know why Jongin acted like that. Was it because of Yixing?

"Hey, Baek, how 'bout you guys talk tomorrow-- I mean later, because after a few hours we'll go to school already, and work it out? You know, talk about it? Maybe you didn't know, you guys just misunderstood each other, yea? I'll hang up as well, I have more business to do, go sleep okay?"

Kyungsoo says, looking around if there's cars passing by. He finally crosses the street and he swings his bag, back and forth. 

"Okay, thanks Soo, love you"

"I love you too, bye"

Kyungsoo hangs up, tucking his phone on his pocket. They were used to saying I love yous to each other, so they were ok with it. Because Baekhyun, being the gay dude he is, challenged Kyungsoo to tell him I love you to him when they ended the conversation on the phone, so when he turns into a gay dude like Baekhyun, it wouldn't be hard for him to say that.

"Are you cheating on me?"

Someone whispered on his ear, making Kyungsoo jolt in surprise and he turns his back, holding his chest. He sighs in relief when he saw who was it. It was Jongin.

"The you want?"

Kyungsoo says, looking at Jongin with furrowed eyebrows. Jongin snickers and takes Kyungsoo's phone from his pocket. Kyungsoo tries to take it because damn, the wallpaper was still there.

"I heard you saying I love you to someone, are you hiding something from me?"

Jongin says, showing his phone. He opens the phone up, but Kyungsoo takes it all of a sudden and glares at him. Damn that was close.

"Its just Baek, ok?"

Kyungsoo says, walking past to Jongin. Jongin catches up and pouts at him.

"Why'd you have to snatch the phone from me?"

Jongin tries to take Kyungsoo's phone, but Kyungsoo flicks Jongin's forehead and Jongin holds it, cursing. Kyungsoo darts out his tongue and leaves him hanging. But Jongin just won't give up and he keeps following him, cursing and muttering words that Kyungsoo doesn't know.


-

"Nerd"

Jongin says as he flops at Kyungsoo bed. Kyungsoo just proceeds on his work, drinking one glass of water. He sits at the his chair, continuing his project. Jongin ended up being with Kyungsoo, because he insisted to. And because he said he wanted to have a sleepover in his house as well. Even though Kyungsoo didn't agree, Jongin hugged Kyungsoo, leaving Kyungsoo stunned, not moving at all, and Jongin spins them around, and he was on Kyungsoo's spot and he runs inside the house. And of course, he left his shoes. 

"Where were you?"

Kyungsoo asks as he continues working, while Jongin is on his phone, only one earphone on his ear so he can able to hear Kyungsoo. Jongin was sprawled on the sheets, a pillow under his head. And Kyungsoo could hear the music Jongin was listening to, and it was loud. He can hear it with all those screaming, drumming, and with those loud electric guitar noises. Kyungsoo was impressed when he turn around and saw Jongin with his face just blank. If it was Kyungsoo he'll keep complaining that the music is too screamy and too noisy for him to handle. He preferred acoustic ones, which was totally the exact opposite of Jongin's.

"Nothing, I just took a walk around the city, window shopping and ate stuff"

Jongin says, his eyes on the screen. Kyungsoo smiles and continues on doing his work. Kyungsoo darts out his pink tongue as he thinks. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo and he smirks. He raises his phone up, finding a good angle to take the picture. He takes a picture and chuckles lightly. Kyungsoo turns his head and raises a brow.

"Something wrong?"

Kyungsoo asks. Jongin waves his hand disapprovingly with a big idiot grin is on his face. Kyungsoo narrows his eyes, it was obvious that the younger did something wrong, but this wasn't the time for playing around so he shrugs it off, continuing on what he was doing. Jongin looks at his phone and he sees Kyungsoo sitting there, eyebrows furrowed and his face serious. And he looks at his tongue. And he narrows his eyes, looking at the photo, amused. He looks at his photos and stops at the picture of them, kissing.

He still haven't deleted this. His other hand raises at the top of his head, resting it above the pillow. Jongin bites his lower lip as he looked at their lips. 

"Was it your first kiss?"

Jongin asks out of nowhere, and he hears Kyungsoo stopping from writing. 

"What?"

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and he looks back.

"When I kissed you?"

Jongin asks straightforwardly. Kyungsoo tenses and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yea, it was"

Kyungsoo says and he switch back to his work. He needed to keep his mind on this. He shouldn't be bothered by Jongin, he has to focus.

"I'm sorry"

Jongin says, looking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo stops again and looks at Jongin. Kyungsoo's heart skips a beat and he smiles sadly at him.

"Its, ok.."

Kyungsoo says and he goes back to work. Jongin frowns and looks at the picture. He felt guilty now. He bites his lower lip and scratches his head. He made Kyungsoo through a lot of ever since he came into his life. Jongin just interrupted his life. And Kyungsoo was only forced to do this. Because of that, Kyungsoo wasn't the same, good and quiet guy. He was still good, yea, and the quiet person he knows but something changed on him. 

He had this problems ever since Jongin appeared into his life. Getting into fights because of his fans. And he even cut classes last time. Jongin needs to stop this. And he even lied at him when they were at the amusement park. Saying that he kissed and hugged Luhan already, but he really haven't. 

Luhan. Yea, what happened on the plan? Its like they never did the plan anymore. Why did Jongin even bothered Kyungsoo of he wouldn't talk to Luhan? Because they're plan was to make jealous right? But it didn't even worked. 

"Hey Jongin?"

Kyungsoo asks out of nowhere, making Jongin snap back to reality. Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and he stops his music first, removing his earphone off. Kyungsoo eyes was still glued at his work.

"Um...can I ask you a question?"

Kyungsoo stops and he looks at Jongin. He lets go of the pencil and stretches his arms out and yawning. He looks at Jongin while Jongin tilted his head.

"What?"

Jongin asks, looking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo rubs his temples and his lips that were getting dry. 

"Why... like.. Luhan?"

Kyungsoo asks, looking away. Jongin made his lips into a thin line. He thinks of why, and he bites his lower lip. 

"Well, first of all... He.. Is older than me.."

Well I do to. Kyungsoo thinks.

"He's height is just what I am looking for"

Our heights are almost the same. Almost.

Jongin shuts up again, thinking. He knows that he has liked Luhan for several reasons, but he couldn't just say it. Kyungsoo takes the bottle of water and pours it on his glass, drinking it in one go. He places it on the table, rubbing his eyes. He was getting really tired. He takes the pajamas that he wore and went in the toilet to have a quick change. While Jongin thinks of reasons. Why does he like Luhan? 

Kyungsoo goes in the room, and Jongin couldn't handle the cuteness. He was on his pajamas and he had that sleeepy pout as he rubbed his eyes. Kyungsoo signs Jongin to move, and Jongin gives space to Kyungsoo. He doesn't even care if he's there, he just wanted to sleep. But then he thinks that maybe Jongin would be uncomfortable.

"Hey, you sleeping with me?"

Kyungsoo mumbles, taking his blanket and covering him. He snuggles at it and yawns. Jongin just stared at Kyungsoo, face to face. Then he hears Kyungsoo's breathing, then he sees that he is already asleep. Jongin just looks at Kyungsoo, inches away each other. He looks cute up close.

Jongin takes a picture again, he just couldn't stop himself. Then another picture of them together. He decides to hide it from Kyungsoo or he'll get in big trouble. Then he heard a buzz on somewhere, looking around. He rose up and saw it was from Kyungsoo's pants and he takes it. Oh look it was an alarm. Maybe he always sets an alarm at this hour, signing him to go to sleep. Jongin smiles, what a student he is. 

He swipes the screen, turning of the alarm. Then he froze, sitting up. When was this picture taken? It was the picture of Sehun and Kyungsoo. Jongin's blood was boiling as he gripped the phone tightly. Jongin rolls his eyes and hisses. He decides that he'll let this slide for a while. Only for a while. Then Kyungsoo shifts a little, making Jongin flinch. He remembers yesterday when Kyungsoo wasn't on the room, even Sehun wasn't there. Oh so that's why. Jongin puts it in his pocket again and he sighs, laying down with Kyungsoo. He stares at Kyungsoo again and he puffs out his cheeks. He pokes Kyungsoo's cheeks, so squishy. He smiles at him and his eyes landed on Kyungsoo's lips. He remembers when he kissed him. His lips were soft. Jongin hold his own lips and he shakes his head.

"Gosh Soo, what's wrong with you"

Jongin sighs, scratching his head. Then Kyungsoo hums, and Jongin stills again. 

"Height and age is just a number"

Kyungsoo mutters in his sleep. And Jongin looks at Kyungsoo raising a brow.

Yea, its just a number.

-

Kyungsoo walks on the hallway, now he doesn't have a jacket on, so he didn't have anything to protect his face. Students looks at Kyungsoo curiously, some of them giggling even. Kyungsoo just walks on the hallway, his chin up. He looks around if Jongin is there, but he kept looking around, seeing him nowhere to be found. He woke up on the bed and he didn't saw Jongin anywhere, which saddens him. He sighs and pouts, looking around. Then all of a sudden a guy winks at him, making him blush and walk past him. The hell just happened?

Then a girl comes in front of her, blocking her way. Kyungsoo looks below because he is slightly taller than her. He awkwardly smiles at her and says hi. The girl blushes and Kyungsoo rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. He needs to go on the classroom already before weird happens to him.

"Uh.. hi.. I saw you yesterday and.. Uhh.."

The girl ducks his head in embarrassment and takes a letter from her pocket and gives it to Kyungsoo then he bows, leaving. Kyungsoo raises a brow and he hears a squeal from afar, and sees a group of girls looking at him. He walks faster, and then after seconds, he runs. Some girls are trying to talk to him. He sees the toilet and he runs after it. He closes the door and sees the toilet is empty, he is safe. He holds his chest and huffs out. What's happening?

"Having a hard time?"

Kyungsoo jolts and looks around, seeing someone coming out from a stall. He sighs in relief when he sees him. Its Suho. Even though they are not that close, they are usually smart guys who you often see at the top. They ask questions to each other when either of them didn't understood a particular lesson. They randomly help each other out as well, but it only happens rarely.

"Yea"

Kyungsoo says, leaning his back against the wall. Suho chuckles and washes his hands on the sink, looking at his own reflection.

"You've gotten pretty well known in the school ever since your glasses came off"

Suho wipes his hands on the tissue he took and throws it. He looks at Kyungsoo and folds his arms in front of his chest.

"It broke"

Kyungsoo says, looking at Suho and scratching his head and standing up, peeking at the door.

"Not to mention, you look good without it"

Suho says as Kyungsoo moves away from the door, glaring at him.

"Psh, look good without on it"

Kyungsoo scoffs and Suho chuckles softly, opening the door. 

"Cmon, I'll help you out"

Suho says looking around the hallway. Kyungsoo pats his back, like he is saying thank you and he smiles at response. Suho looks around first and he sees there are only a few people around, and so he thumbs up on Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo thanks him and runs for it. Suho waves at him and Kyungsoo looks back waving at him and mouthing a thank you.

-

After school and Kyungsoo always raising his hands up when no one answers, and people always surrounding him and his locker surprisingly full of love letters, Sehun and Luhan being the lovey dovey couple they are and Chen trolling Xiumin with Tao bugging Kris out, Jongin popping out of nowhere and randomly sending him messages and Lay being the quiet person he is. And of course, lets not forget the teachers who keeps giving them multiple of assignments, and the school comes into an end and they wave goodbye to each other.

But now, Yixing, Kyungsoo and Jongin was going to drop by on Kyungsoo's house to practice. For the talent show. They played rock paper scissors whose house they will go to, and Kyungsoo loses. 

"Oh no! Nooooooo! He cheated! Noooooooo!"

Jongin says as he was passed by Yixing. Yixing darts out his tongue, trying to catch up on Kyungsoo. Jongin grapples Yixing and Yixing got pulled from the back, and Jongin goes 2nd place. Kyungsoo was just with his eyes glued on the screen, pushing buttons randomly. They were playing a race and it was amusing to watch Yixing and Jongin kept exchanging places while Kyungsoo just stays the same, 1st place.

"Hey hey! Why the f-"

Yixing points at the screen and groans in annoyance and tries to catch up with Jongin. Jongin does his so-called evil laugh and he takes another grapple, and Kyungsoo panics. Just as Jongin tries to grapple him, the finish line is over there. The grapple comes from his back but Kyungsoo jumps, making him a winner.

" Yeah! Eat that! !"

Kyungsoo says and Jongin mutters and curses, looking at the screen. Yixing leans at his left arm and sighs. Kyungsoo just keeps on doing his victory dance (what he always does it often when he wins), and the other two face palming.

"But at least I'm 2nd place, not the last"

Jongin mutters and looks at Yixing, and he looks back. Jongin's creepy smile starts to show and he jumps from the couch, dancing with Kyungsoo, then the both of them pisses Yixing off by dancing in front of him which Yixing just ducks his head down because damn, this is so embarassing.

And actually, they didn't practice at all, they just talk about it and played after that. 

"Oh I forgot something, Soo, I need to run, I have someone to meet ok? Sorry"

Jongin says as he realizes what time it is and he takes his bag putting his shoes on. He waves at Kyungsoo an apologetic smile and he gives one last glare at Yixing, but Yixing waves at him in response, smiling even. Jongin says bye and he closes the door, leaving the both of them alone. Kyungsoo sets down his controller and decides he can ask the questions that was bugging his mind yesterday.

"Uh, Yixing?"

Kyungsoo asks, and Yixing looks at him. Kyungsoo sits at the couch with Yixing, fumbling the hem of his shirt.

"Can I ask you something?"

Kyungsoo says, looking at Yixing and resting his hand on the armrest. He hums in response, looking at Kyungsoo with his eyebrows raised.

"is Jongin-- I mean Kai, mad at you?"

Kyungsoo asks, and Yixing chuckles softly, taking his bag. Kyungsoo's eyes follows his movements, and he does an indian sit.

"Yeah, but good thing he wasn't like before"

Yixing rummages to his bag and takes his phone out.

"What do you mean?"

Kyungsoo asks, Yixing's eyes fixed at the screen.

"He would usually beat the out of me, good thing that he stopped doing that"

Yixing shows his phone to Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo takes it. He sees Jongin, and he looked young. And he sees the school behind him, and it was the school they were in now. Then he remembers that the school has another campus, maybe high schoolers were studying there. Beside Jongin was a short, cute, and her eyes was big. Kyungsoo thinks that it kinda reminds of him. 

"That's his first crush by the way"

Yixing points at the girl. And Kyungsoo nods. 

"Then why does he hate you?"

"Because when he confessed, that told him that she loved someone else"

Yixing takes the phone and closes it, Kyungsoo gulps, Yixing doesn't usually swears. 

"And after that, I was only walking at the hallway that day when that happened, I saw the both of them standing, and I saw her look at me from afar and she all of a sudden went in front of me and kissed me"

Yixing says, groaning in annoyance and placing his phone down at the coffee table.

"Our friendship died ever since"

He rests his head against the cushions. 

"Then he started beating me up, and he wasn't the usual Jongin that everyone knew, he was known as Kai after that and he became cold towards people and he would usually hit on girls, and cut classes often and he reeked alcohol and smoke whenever he came in the room, and it hurts that we were friends, we always go to dance classes every time school ends, but he always leaves early and when I show at the class, he would leave, and he stopped, too bad, everyone adored him"

Kyungsoo bites his lower lip. Wow, Jongin gone through a lot of . Its like he can't imagine Jongin beating up a person and drinking and smoking at the same time.

"He never listens to me when I try to explain it to him, and good thing he wasn't like that when ever since you guys showed up and I always wanted to thank you for appearing though, like Luhan and Tao, the other guys as well, like you"

Yixing looks at the ceiling, hugging a pillow.

"Even though he never knew what really happen, its ok to me, because I think if I talk to him it'll go back like those two hell-like years, so I act like I really was the one that girl loved, because I thought that maybe it would hurt Jongin more, so whenever I see him, I act cold towards him"

Then he groans in annoyance. 

"And it even pisses me off when I saw that  ing talking with his friends and saying that he rejected Jongin with a damn smile on her face"

Kyungsoo knows that , and he agrees that she is an indeed.

"What a "

Kyungsoo says and he looks at Yixing and the both of them shared smiles and laughed.

"I know right!"

-

After minutes, Yixing decides that its time to go, and he looks at Kyungsoo as he was going to close his door.

"Can you perhaps tell Jongin the truth?"

Yixing says, and Kyungsoo nods, giving him a thumbs up. Yixing smiles and mouths him a thank you, waving his hand goodbye and he shuts the door.

He decides that maybe he could tell Jongin later or tomorrow because by the way that Yixing looks at him back there, he could tell that Yixing really trusts him. He shouldn't let him down. He sighs and standing up, stretching his arms out. Then he cleans up, putting the things where it should be and he goes in his room, changing his clothes and decides to take a nap first before he works on numerous of assignments. He covers his window by the curtains, and he lays down the bed. He remembers when Jongin was beside him. Did he do something funny? Or did he found out anything that he shouldn't know? He closes his eyes and gulps the lump on his throat.

He hopes not.

 

-

A/N: Made it extraaaaa longer xD 

And I wasn't busy today so I just sat at my bed and just kept writing stuff most of the day

And my mind flew off when I finished writing this :P

Lol hope you guys liked it!

Sorry if I have some m!$t@K3s :DDD

AND YOU GUYS ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE AT YOUR RESPONSES <333333

THANK YOU SO MUCH! /le hugs/