Chapter 3.5

To Have Him

They ended up drinking Slushies. Kai drinking blueberry and Kyungsoo drinking strawberry. Kyungsoo was wearing Kai's leather jacket and Kyungsoo really didn't want to wear it, but Kai insisted to. Yep, Kai himself. 
They were on the bench, their legs swinging back and forth as they saw people passing by. They look around them, and saw the sun setting already.

"Hey hyung! Look at this"

Kai says as he darts his tongue out. Now his tongue was blue, Kyungsoo sticks his tongue out and got disappointed, seeing his tongue has only a shade of red on it, because tongues are ordinarily colored red. Kyungsoo pouts disappointedly while Kai had to cover his mouth to avoid from laughing. Kyungsoo was really impressed by him, he thought that he was one of the coolest guys in school, but it turns out he's one of the most dorkiest guys in school. No wonder he's friends with Kris. Kai wasn't able to hold it so he laughed hard, holding his stomach. Kyungsoo looks at him and shakes his head disapprovingly. The people walking by looks at them with questioning looks. Kai stops from laughing and wipes his tear off, looking at the time. His expression suddenly changes as he looks at his watch, gaping at it.

"Its already 5:30?!"

He says as he flails his arms around exaggeratedly and scratches his head and whines. Kyungsoo chuckles softly as he saw the younger.

"But Im tireeeddd!" 

He pouts. But Kyungsoo stands up, throwing his cup on the nearest trashcan.

"We gotta go there, maybe you'll able to talk to Luhan, yea?"

Kyungsoo says, trying to be calm. Well, without Luhan, they wouldn't even talk to each other. Even though he wants to Kai to go there, he needs to help him to have Luhan.

"How about if they just have the time for themselves? I mean, we can talk at school"

Kai says, shrugging his shoulders and taking a sip. Kyungsoo raises a brow and sits down with him.

"Is the plan going great? Like talking to your crush, I mean" 

Kyungsoo just doesn't want to say Luhan for now. He feels a pang of jealousy on him, and he doesn't know why he's acting weird this days around Kai.

"So great"

Kai says, looking at Kyungsoo with a warm smile. Kyungsoo didn't know why his chest suddenly hurt, he just tries to soothe this new kind of feeling on him by holding his chest and rubs circles on it.

"Without you, the whole plan wouldn't be even whole"

Kai says, looking at the sky. Kyungsoo just nods, looking at the sky as well. It was already going cloudy for some reason and it was getting dark too.

"He even talks to me you know? He even kissed me already"

Kai says scooting closer to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was about to move farther but Kai held his hand. Kyungsoo stiffened a bit, but he just kept quiet, even though his eyes burn already.

"Oh really? Thats nice"

Kyungsoo tried not to stutter, good thing he didn't. But his voice was kind of hoarse, which Kai got a little curious why, but he didn't want to ask. But Kyungsoo thought that Luhan already has a boyfriend, which is Sehun. Wow, it must have hurt a lot eh? Kyungsoo thinks that he's on the the same boat on Sehun, they will only end up with broken hearts. Wait, why will Kyungsoo even be affected? Kyungsoo was getting really weird. His heart is even getting crazy around Kai. Whats wrong with me?

"Hey, how about hang around my house tomorrow?"

Yes! Yes! Definitely! "Sorry, cant"

He had to stop this were feelings inside him first. Kai stops from swinging his legs and looks at Kyungsoo and frowns a bit. He sighs in defeat and looks at the sky again. 

"Mhm.. Sure"

Kai says, a bit disappointed. He then stands up, his hands still holding Kyungsoo's.

"You know, you look even better without glasses"

Kai warmly smiles at him, the sun shines at his back. Kyungsoo looks at him and rolls his eyes. 

"Its hard to see without them"

Kyungsoo lies. Because Kyungsoo is actually just a nerd in disguise, because just as he said, he just wanted to graduate quietly. 

"Psh, stop lying"

Kai says, pulling him up. Kyungsoo stands up, both of them walking around the park, their arms swing as they walked past of numerous people. 

"With your big beautiful eyes, you look even.... How could I say it"

Kai says as he stops walking, pondering for a moment. Kyungsoo blushes for a second rubs the back of his neck and looks away. He just said that he had beautiful eyes. When Kyungsoo heard that, his heart immediately pumped fast, he was surprised for hearing that. And he heard that from Kai.

"You look wonderful"

Kai says as he smiles warmly at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looks at Kai and punches his shoulder. 

"You stupid idiot, I hate you so much"

Kai just laughs and continues walking, Kyungsoo follows. Instead of holding his hand, he draped his arm around Kyungsoo while Kyungsoo just looks at the ground, embarrased.

"Hey, call me Jongin"

Kai says, looking at the smaller. Kyungsoo looks at him, his head tilting to Kai's direction, and his eyebrows furrows in confusion. Kai chuckles at his expression and ruffles his hair. 

"Kim Jongin is my real name actually"

"Then why did you change it?"

Kyungsoo asks, curious. Kai sighs deeply and bites his lower lip. 

"Because I want you to?"

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and walks with him. After that, Kai told him cheesy jokes, or Jongin told him cheesy jokes, that he himself will laugh at it, and Kyungsoo will just laugh with him, even though it wasn't even funny. But the younger's way of laughing is just so priceless, that he kept slapping Kyungsoo's shoulder (that was now numb). And the way his eyes crinkle as he wipe his tear off with his stupid childish grin makes Kyungsoo laugh with him. 

-

"Baek, can you come with me?"

Chanyeol says as he circles his arms around Baekhyun at the couch. Baekhyun was currently watching a movie, shoving popcorn at his mouth and his eyes never leaving the screen. They were on Baekhyun's home, the couple always meet during weekends, they would do things like have a date, play together, watch a movie.

"Where?"

He says his eyes still glued at the screen. Chanyeol sighs disappointedly and takes the bowl of popcorn from his hands and places it on the table in front of them which snatched Baekhyun attention. Baekhyun tries to take it but he was tickled. 

"Listen to me"

Chanyeol says as he kept tickling at his neck and on his sides making Baekhyun laugh hysterically. Baekhyun squirmed and tried to push him off, but the giant was too big for him so he ends up punching his chest.

"Ok! Ok! Please stop!"

Baekhyun laughed and then Chanyeol smiles victoriously and stops, making Baekhyun sigh deeply and rubs his stomach and complains that it hurts. Chanyeol leans on his stomach and kisses it. He looks up at Baekhyun who was blushing furiously.

"Better?"

Baekhyun nods. Chanyeol sits back and takes his plastic full of... something that Baekhyun doesn't know. 

"What's that?"

Baekhyun asks, scooting closer to Chanyeol to get a better view of it. Chanyeol takes a peek and doesn't let Baekhyun see it. Chanyeol then closes the plastic and stands up.

"Im going to Kai's house, just going to drop this off"

Chanyeol says as he signs the older to stand up and taking his cap on the couch, wearing it. Baekhyun pouts and takes the remote and closing the television off and standing up.

"What's that?"

Baekhyun asks, putting on his slippers while Chanyeol opens the door and goes out.

"His jersey"

Chanyeol says and Baekhyun steps out, fishing his keys at his pocket. But Chanyeol stops him.

"You can just lead me the way to his house"

"No no, his house is just close here"

"Wow, I cant believe that our house are close"

Baekhyun says, following Chanyeol. They were walking together, side to side, they're hands twined together. 

"Can we go on for some coffee first?"

Baekhyun asks, his gaze still fixed on the sidewalk. Chanyeol nods in response, because this can wait, yes?

-

Kai, wait scratch that, Jongin, went to have coffee first with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just follows the younger because he kept disturbing Kyungsoo and whining at him like a kid that he wants to. Kyungsoo fishes his phone on his pocket, taking it and opening it. Jongin looks at his phone, seeing his wallpaper with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun drinking some bubble tea, and surprisingly Sehun was there with them. Kyungsoo was on the middle with Sehun and Baekhyun beside him, Sehun holding the camera up with a peace sign by his other hand, followed by Baekhyun with his tongue out and Kyungsoo sitting between them, drinking his bubble tea and looking at the camera with those wide and innocent eyes, his glasses on the end of his nose. And they were with casual outfits like Baekhyun with a leather jacket, and Sehun with a shirt that wrote Cant Touch This and Kyungsoo with sunglasses on his head. And they looked young when it was taken as well.

"When was that picture taken?"

Jongin asks out of nowhere, making Kyungsoo look up on him. Jongin expected that Kyungsoo would jolt in surprise and tuck his hands with his phone in his hands, but no, instead, Kyungsoo looks at him with wide eyes and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"We were best friends when we were at middle school, we used to go out a lot"

Kyungsoo says, looking at the wallpaper. Jongin takes his phone and points at Sehun.

"With him?"

"Yea, we were"

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't know that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun was friends with Sehun. They don't talk to each other as well. Did something happened between them? Jongin wants to ask why, but then he saw silhouettes walking towards them that were familiar. Kyungsoo bites his lower lip nervously, then looks at the sidewalk, and sees Baekhyun. He then thanked them for coming in the scene. 

"Hey!"

Chanyeol waves. Baekhyun smiles and sees Kyungsoo's figure at the back of Jongin, making him remove his hands off Chanyeol and walk his way to Kyungsoo. 

"Soo!"

Baekhyun says, giving Kyungsoo a hug. Kyungsoo just pats his back. Baekhyun moves off and kisses Kyungsoo on the cheek, making Kyungsoo's eyes widen in surprise with his mouth open and he pushes him off. Baekhyun laughs. Kyungsoo was already used to Baekhyun hugging and kissing him as a greeting, but not in front of people, especially they're classmates. Or boyfriends. Jongin immediately grabs Kyungsoo from the back and drapes his arm on his shoulder. Kyungsoo got shock on the sudden actions of the younger, and he looks at him and sees him with an unpleasant smile. Baekhyun looks at Jongin with curiosity and smirks.

"Possessive much?"

Baekhyun says, putting his right hand on his hip, raising a brow. Chanyeol covered his mouth to avoid from laughing. He never saw Jongin act like this. When he was still a playboy, he wouldn't care less. Jongin hisses and gave Baekhyun a fake smile.

"Just being the boyfriend I am"

Jongin says and pats Kyungsoo shoulders. Baekhyun claps and folds his arms together in front of his chest, looking amused at the two.

"You found a good guy Kyungsoo"

Baekhyun says, making Chanyeol pout and punch his shoulder.

"Hey! Im here too!"

Chanyeol crosses his arms in front of his chest, turning around. Baekhyun sighs, and comes close to Chanyeol and hugs him, giving him a peck on the lips. Kyungsoo and Jongin immediately turned red with there eyes wide, turning around and flustered of what they saw.

-

After conversing outside they found out they will be heading to the same place, and decided to go on together. Well, the more the merrier, right?

They were at their chairs, sipping their coffee's down and talking about some random stuff. Like school, asking that if they can borrow Kyungsoo's notebook to copy down his homework (since his smart), video games and some other more that you will find slightly.... disturbing. Kyungsoo noticed that Jongin was being to clingy for now, Kyungsoo cant even let go of Jongin's hand and whenever he tries to let go Jongin would only tighten his grip. 

"Oh and by the way, why did you guys and Sehun aren't talking each other?"

Jongin asks, pointing at Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun frown and sighs, scratching the back of his head and he looks at Kyungsoo who was looking away. Chanyeol raises a brow and takes a sip, curious.

"You guys were friends? Wow."

"Not to mention best friends"

Jongin says as Chanyeol who looked bewildered. Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun who was giving him a glare and a stern look, while Kyungsoo gave her a sad smile. 

"Well, we were, because one day Sehun just tried to push us off"

Baekhyun takes a sip immediately even though it burns his throat. Kyungsoo gulps in response and removes his hold on Jongin, which Jongin allowed him to let go. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were now looking uneasy, maybe because of their loss of their best friend, well, not maybe. Kyungsoo fiddles with his thumbs, his hand holding the coffee cup even though it burns. Baekhyun just rests his head to Chanyeol's shoulder, who were worried at the two.

"Oh well, that happens"

Jongin says straight forwardly and he looked confident as he took a sip on his coffee, as if he didn't care at all. Baekhyun looks at Jongin and purses his lips, and looks at Kyungsoo who gone a little pale for some reason. 

"Excuse me for a second"

Kyungsoo says and goes to the toilet, closing it and sighs. He looks at the mirror and he saw a tint of sweat dripping down to his chin. He opens the faucet and takes water from his palms, splashing his face. He closes the faucet and took tissues and wipes his face and huffs, looking at the mirror. Kyungsoo saw he was pale already. Lips white and he was already shaking. Kyungsoo holds his face slapped himself. Why did they have to talk Sehun?

He fishes his phone on his pocket, taking it and opening it, cursing when he saw Sehun's face. He should have just toke a different picture. He goes to contacts and types a message to Jongin, fingers typing rapidly and shaking as well.

'From: Kyungsoo
To: Kai'

He pauses. He sees it as Kai, so he changes it.

'From: Kyungsoo
To:Jongin

We need to go, I don't feel so good'

He types and immediately sends it. 

Jongin jolts in surprise, phone buzzing at his pocket while they were talking. Chanyeol chuckles at what he saw, while Baekhyun laughed so hard. Jongin hisses and clicks his tongue, taking his phone from his pocket. He sees the message and raises a brow and quickly types a message.

'From: Jongin
To: Kyungsoo

Why? Something wrong?'

Kyungsoo quickly replies.

'From: Kyungsoo 
To: Jongin

Yes, so we have to go please?'

Jongin frowns and replies "okay".

"Sorry but I and Kyungsoo have to go"

Jongin says and stands up and smiles at the couple, and Kyungsoo comes to table and says sorry at them. The couple stands up and says its okay and they walk out of the shop, saying goodbyes to each other. Jongin takes the plastic that Chanyeol gave him, saying thank you in response. They both waved each other goodbye with (fake) smiles plastered at their faces.

-

"Is there something wrong?"

Jongin has that worried look on his face. Kyungsoo shakes his head and was about to close the door but Jongin stops him. Kyungsoo was at his house right now, with Jongin on the doorframe, standing there. It was night as well, and it was suprisingly 9 PM already.

"No no just... I just don't feel too good okay?"

"Oh.. Okay.."

Kyungsoo was going to close the door but he stops and remembers something.

"Why were you to being clingy to me back there with Baekhyun and Chanyeol?"

Kyungsoo asks and looks at Jongin whose mouth slightly open. He closes it and ponders and stops.

"Because we needed to be like that in front of people right?"

Jongin says, and smiles widely at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo felt even worse when he said that. He looked at the ground, feeling hurt even though he doesn't know why. He was disappointed and closes the door, not even bothering saying goodbye to him. When Kyungsoo was closing the door, Jongin tried to stop him, but Kyungsoo was too sad to realize and closes it instead. He locks it and goes to his room, laying down on the bed and covering his face with a pillow, exhausted.

Jongin just thought it was just some act. Act. Gosh that hurt Kyungsoo a lot. His heart is beating, but now it just hurts. Kyungsoo sits up and growls in annoyance and ruffles his hair. Does he love him already? Ew. Why did even Kyungsoo thought of that. And why is he like this? He cursed under his breath and scratches  his head annoyingly and lays on the bed and thrashes. What the hell is happening to you Kyungsoo?

And then there's Sehun, they needed to bring up Sehun. When Kyungsoo was going to forget everything that happened on the past, Jongin just had to question why they weren't talking to each other anymore. Kyungsoo was guilty of doing that to Sehun, he was just too young to experience that. And he remembers that it was too why he avoided people. And plus, thats why he avoided people like Jongin.

Ugh it.

 

-

A/N: IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT I WAS SO BUSY! (lol not really)

IM ASHAMED OF MYSELF FOR NOT UPDATING!

Mianhe TT^TT I hope you're not mad guys :C

And lol what's with Thehun? xDD

And If you saw something weird or a misspelled word then srry,

I didn't edit, and I'm too lazy to xD and lets be friends! Add me! (Im lonely)