Ice Cream

The different colored eye girl.

Himchan has been distant from Yongguk for the past 2 weeks. They usually go to school together and come home together. They even have breakfast and lunch together yet this time he has been with Asami. Yonnguk doesn’t want to say anything but he doesn’t like the idea of them being near each other. The fact that Asami broke Himchans heart by cheating on him infuriates Yongguks so much because Himchan is madly in love with her. He is so naïve that he doesn’t see the reality behind her intentions. Asami is basically using Himchan to her own advantage. Even if Yongguk tired to make Himchan reason he wouldn’t listen for he is too blind in love. It is useless and hopeless to think that someday Himchan will say no to Asami.

To be honest Yongguk was becoming tired of this situation and it’s stressing him out. That is why he has decided that no matter what happens he won’t try to separate them but he will listen to Himchan in his time of need.

Right now Yongguk is too into Araciel and he needs to focus his energy only on her if he wants to make her fall in love with him. He knows that making her fall in love with him is going to be the hardest challenge he will ever overcome. He believes that he can achieve this goal quick but he is clearly underestimating Araciel.

Araciel has been through quite a lot that she knows not to trust any human. She tends to see the good as bad and the bad as good.

And yet there is something about Yongguk that is making Araciel fall for his trap, or so she sees it. In her eyes everything is a trap but she needs to learn to let go and Yongguk is the right person to teach her.

 

Yongguk hesitated on getting off from his Challenger. He wasn’t sure whether or not he should knock on Araciel’s door or not because he wasn’t sure how she would react. All these insecurities frustrated Yongguk to the core.

it, I’ll just do it.’ Yongguk thought and headed out from his car towards Araciel’s porch. Yongguk again refrained from his actions, oh how nervous he is.

Without a second thought Yongguk knocks on the wooden door. The sound of knocking echoed into his ear and it seemed like the longest sound that wouldn’t leave his eardrums. Before he could react to anything the door slowly opened revealing a young boy no older than 10. The boy looked confused and stayed silent for a moment staring at Yongguk with big caramel eyes.

“Is Araciel home?” Yongguk looked at the kid and the kid looked at him but the kid would simply not answer. He then heard a voice in the distant, he wasn’t sure but it sounded like Araciel but more mature. For a second there he became excited because he thought it was her.

“Alan who is it?” The voice got closer and closer making Yongguk’s heart run wild. Alan seemed mute for he would not answer. As the owner of the voice appeared Yongguk saw a much older version of Araciel but with different hair color and blue eyes.

“Who are you?” she stared at Yongguk.

“M-my name is Yongguk, I was wondering if Araciel is home?” he stuttered. She stared at Yongguk for a couple of seconds before looking at him from head to toe as if examining him for who knows. That made Yongguk even more nervous.

“Go get your sister,” she said while looking at Yongguk with an intense gaze. “What are your intentions kid?” Yongguk was taken aback at her remark. He didn’t know what she meant, well he did but not quite.

“I’m not quite sure what you mean ma’am,” Yongguk heard footsteps approaching. It’s Araciel, with a white dress and her hair flowing down her shoulders. In Yongguk’s eyes she looks stunning, mesmerizing to be more exact. Just wow.

“What are you doing here?” Araciel looked at Yongguk in confusion. She felt flustered, her heart beat fast and she didn't know why.

“I came to see you. Ma’am, is it ok if I take her out for ice cream?”

“Whatever she wants,” Araciel’s mom said leaving them.

“W-what are you doing here?” She stuttered making Yongguk smile.

“Want to go get ice cream?” He was hopeful she would say yes but he wasn't so sure she would. She stared at him with those beautiful eyes he loved; he could stare at them all day. Her heart kept beating at the speed of light and she hated it. She hated the fact that part of her was somehow falling for his charms and couldn’t say no. Yet the other part of her, the alert part of her, was on the watch ready to protect her.

“Uhm…” she seemed unsure.

“Come on, I haven’t talked to you in a while. You ignore me at school and you never texted me,” he stepped closer to her. Yongguk wants her to say yes so bad.

“I’m not ignoring you and I didn’t text you because I yet have to find something to say.”

“Well then. Will you let me take you out to eat ice cream?”

“I will. Let me just let my parents know,” she went back inside. Yongguk sat on the stairs of the porch. 2 minutes later Araciel came from inside with her jacket and a purse.

“We can go. Mom said no later than 8.” She seemed nervous but happy.

“It’s barely 2, so this means I can have you all day?” Yongguk blurted out without thinking. His cheeks flushed a light pink.

Maybe today he would try a little harder. Even though Araciel keeps saying she won’t ever give in, she is unconsciously giving in by accepting his requests. This made Yongguk so happy because small things like these are what he wants and he wants to just be near her, the rest will fall into place.

Walking towards his car Araciel kept quiet and a few steps behind. Yongguk reach the passengers door opening it for her and taking Araciel by surprised. No one ever had opened the door for her and at simple as it might be it touched her heart.

All her life was mean encounters and bad tones inflicted on her for the way her eyes are. No one ever did nice things for her, so small things like this made her heart race.

What if he is good after all? He hasn’t done or said anything mean to me in this time that I’ve known him. I don’t know if I should.’ Araciel thought that maybe it would be worth it. So those this mean she has fallen for him? Or does she want to fall for him but can’t? The barrier in her heart and mind protect her from everyone and she doesn’t know what it’s like to be happy. She doesn’t know what it’s like to be loved by someone. Not even her parents or her brother.

“T-thank y-you,” she said not looking into his eyes but rather getting in quick. Yongguk closed the door gently not to startle her. He headed towards the driver’s side to get inside the car. Putting on his seat belt he asked Araciel where she wanted to go but she never replied. He looked up and asked once again.

“Anywhere you want to go in particular?”

“Uh...yeah. Sort of.” She began to play with her fingers in a shy way that made Yongguk smile.

“Anywhere you want to go I’ll go,” he started the car and the Ac on low. Araciel looked outside her window; she didn’t want Yongguk the blush that appeared on her face after his last comment.
Why do I feel this way? Every little thing he does or say makes my heart race and I hate it,’ Araciel thought.

“There is this place near 60 highway called Pink Bear…It has ice cream and bubble tea and cake and so many sweets…,” she noticed herself rant and stopped. Araciel loves sweets and when she found that place she has always wanted to check it out but never had time for it.

“Ok. We can go there, seems like you like sweets,” Yongguk said as he switched gears and headed forward with ease.

 

They reached the place Araciel mention and it is a really cutesy place. Yongguk found a parking space right in front of the shop. Both Yongguk and Araciel got off from the car closing the door at the same time.

Yongguk opened the door for Araciel to get in before him. Naturally Araciel smiled at the small gesture with a light blush on her face. They reach the cashier while looking at the menu. The menu has so many things to choose from; 10 different flavors of ice cream, 20 different types of bubble tea with 15 different types of gummies and the original boba, candy cakes, chocolate cakes and so much more.

Araciel’s eyes shined brighter than they’ve ever been. Yongguk noticed and he couldn’t help but stare at her happy face. How would Yongguk make her understand that in his eyes she is dead gorgeous and not just because of her eyes but her all of her. He knows that deep down within that sour soul of hers is a sweet and tender girl who is in need of love. Yongguk is the person who could love her more than she loves herself, he believes that he can give everything that she needs and wants.

Araciel felt a heavy stare on her; she of course knows its Yongguk and his weird habits of staring at her.

“You’re staring at me again Guk, Please stop,” Yongguk noticed the nickname making him smile wide and big.

“I can’t help it, you’re so beautiful.” Araciel was about to reply when the cashier came to take their order.

“Hi, welcome to Pink Bear, how can I assist you?” Her fair skin glowed with her golden hair that fell over her shoulders. Her beautiful appearance made Araciel uncomfortable, Araciel just stood there looking at how beautiful she looked.

“I would like to get a large cone of Rocky Road with a cherry on top please,” Yongguk noticed how the girl smiled at him. He had to admit that she is in fact pretty; her blue golden eyes complimented her fair skin along with her golden hair. She has a mole under her eye making her look y and her face is thin, she is shorter than Yongguk but taller than Araciel.

Araciel also noticed the way she looked at Yongguk and for a split second she felt jealous. It wasn’t until she spoke that Araciel came back to her senses.

“I’m sorry; I would like a medium cone of strawberry ice cream,” Araciel said without looking at Yongguk while taking her wallet out. As she looks up Yongguk put her hand with her card aside and handing the cashier his card instead.

“I invited you, I will pay.”

“But…I’m not comfortable with this,” she looks at Yongguk in attempt to make him change his mind.

“We are friends and friends do this for each other. If you really don’t like it you can always pay for next time.”

The cashier handed Yongguk his card and receipt while smiling in a flirtatious manner. Yongguk didn’t pay attention to her; in fact he ignored her way of being with him. He isn’t interested; he is only interested in Araciel. His job right now is to win her over her own demons.

“Let’s go sit down yeah?” Yongguk and Araciel headed to the furthest table.

Araciel began to look around the shop, as if inspecting it. On the other hand Yongguk just stared at her, he loved doing that and he felt like he could do it all day. Araciel is in her own world trying to imagine how the ice cream will taste like.

The shop looks really girly and cutesy with pink leather seats and white tables. In each table sat a polar bear in the center holding napkins. On the whiles were all sorts of bears, big and small, brown, black and white holding flowers and crowns made out of flowers. A big crystal chandelier hangs from the middle of the shop that shined throughout the whole lobby.

“It’s such a cute shop,” Yongguk broke the silence.

“Yes, it is.”

The cashier brought up their ice cream, she handed their ice cream to each one and retrieving back to work. Both at their ice cream at the same time taking them by surprise at how good the ice cream is. They giggled at each other’s faces.

For once in a really long time Araciel felt actual happiness and not something that was created on her own. Yongguk makes her happy and she makes him happy. It’s only a matter of time that Araciel will let him break through all those scars and trust issues to get to her heart. In reality Yongguk doesn’t even need permission to fight for her. He is determined to make her his girlfriend and he will put up a good fight because she is a fighter after all.