Confession

The different colored eye girl.

As far as we know Yongguk is falling for Araciel and he doesn’t know if it is a simple phase or if it something true and real. The only thing he knew and he was sure of were what he felt in this moment. He didn't feel like he loved her, no, that is too big of a word to describe his feelings that were still growing for this girl, the girl with different colored eyes.  It wasn't as simple as the word “like” because he didn't just like her. He felt a deep adoration for this girl and he of course liked her for she was beautiful but he felt like he needed to be in her life, he felt like he needed to save her of her demons and herself. If someone were to know about his situation they would think he was in love with her but Yongguk knew that wasn't the case because he wasn't sure himself how far he would go for this strange girl.

Yongguk was sitting on his bed with his phone in his hands, waiting….waiting for what? He was confused when he thought about the strange girl with such beautiful eyes that were engraved in his mind. Closing his eyes he would see her eyes and he was overwhelmed because he wasn't sure what do to. Yongguk has never felt this before and it sure was scaring him.  He felt useless at the moment and with a swift move he got up and headed straight for his car taking off into the distance.

 “I don’t need you to be telling me what to do, you’re just my moms lover not my father.” Yongguk set his phone next to his lap in the middle compartment of his car between the drivers and passenger’s seat. His stepfather had scolded him about being out so late at night 3 nights in a row, today being the third. Yongguk kept driving not really knowing where he was heading. Driving has always helped him relax in some way because it eases his mind off of things and the only thing he is focused on is the road.

 “What am I doing here?” Yongguks says as he is parked in front of a house that is way to similar. Yongguk is in front of her house, Araciel. What on earth could he be doing there, what is his motive? Yongguks eyes widen when he saw someone heading towards his car from the house.

 “Leave me alone! No, I'm not going inside! I don’t want to be near you!” Araciel screamed towards the house.  As she was turning towards Yongguk she became surprised to see him. What is he doing here? Yongguk surprised expression grew as he saw Araciel mount his car and buckling her seat belt. “Drive please. I don’t want to be here.” Araciels voice was low and irritated. With a turn on the keys of the car the engine started and Yongguk headed east.

 “What happened? Who were you talking to? Well, more like yelling.” Yongguk asked looking at her here and then.

 “First of all, don’t ask me questions like you know me kid and second of all, what in the hell were you doing in front of my house? Were you stalking me you creep?” Araciel went from serious to slightly joking. Yongguk didn't know what to tell her because he didn't even know what he was doing at her house. He just sort of appeared out of nowhere and for that he became nervous and began to bite his lip.

“Well…I'm not so sure myself to tell you the truth. I was driving after I too got into a fight with someone in my family and ended up here instead of home.” Yongguk signaled to take a right turn on 3rd Ave and Broadway. This place was where all the people hung out every weekend due to its nice restaurants and clubs in every corner of the streets.

 “What are we doing here?” Araciel said with a bored look.

 “I don’t know. I'm just driving wherever really, oh isn’t that where you work?” Yongguk pointed at the corner Starbucks. “That’s where I first saw you, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of you due to your eyes.” Yongguk blushed looking at her straight in the eyes. As Yongguk parked in front parked across from the café.

 “I get that a lot,” Araciels head turn opposite from Yongguk.

 “Really? You must really like it then since…” He was startled by the look Araciel gave to him as soon as he said that.

 “Like… it? You think I like being made fun of because of my eyes?! Are you mocking me?” There was anger and sadness in her tone.

 “What? No. That’s not what I was referring to, Araciel how can they make fun of such beautiful eyes?” Yongguk became confused.

 “You don’t know do you? Ever since I was small I was made fun of because of my eyes and I learned to hate my eyes. They would always call me a monster or weird creature. They said that no one that was normal had two different colors in their eyes and that it was disgusting.” Araciel was calmed as if she was used to all of what she was saying and honestly she was used to it already. The bullying lesson after she entered high school but her main bullies remained her bullies.  So it became part of her routine being bullied by the same people for the past year or so.

 “Araciel. I had no idea; I don’t think you are weird for having your eyes like that. I find them beautiful to be honest.” Yongguk looked at her hands form a fist on her lap and he wanted to grab ahold of them but he had no idea why.

 “That’s…the…first time someone has ever said something like that to me…did someone put you up to this? No one talks to me and then all of a sudden you appear and start talking to me? I don’t buy the act, you don’t fool me.” She looked at Yongguk with disgust. How can someone be so inhumane to act like they like someone just to toy with them?

 “What? No, Araciel. That’s not it; you think someone put me up to this? I don’t have many friend and the friends that I do have would never tell me to do something like this.”

 “Then why are you being so nice to me!” frustration started to build up and she didn't know what was going on because her heart started pounding with so many mix feelings.

Yongguk was surprised after seeing her with that hopeless expression and he felt bad for her because he had no idea what she went through and he had no idea what made her this way.  He sighed “Because…I…I like you Araciel. Ever since I first saw you at Starbucks with my friends. I cant seem to rid you out of my mind and its bugging me so much because honestly I'm scared to love again…” Yongguk looked at her with a look in his face that made it seem he was being true. He was so glad he let out his feelings and thoughts because they were eating him alive and he hoped she wouldn’t run away.

 “That’s cute…really it is. I don’t understand how you can like someone like me and honestly it surprises me a lot that I believe every word you just said to me.”

 “I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend, all I am saying is to let me get to know you. I want to know the broken you and the person you were before. But mostly, I want to know the real you.” He had no idea where all those words came from and as he was about to continue Araciel opened the door and began walking into the park. Yongguk being confused and wondering what was wrong with what he said he began to follow her.

 “Hey why are you running away from me” Yongguk said while chasing after her.

 “Leave me alone kid” Araciel said with anger in her voice. Yongguk finally caught up with her and grabbed her wrist making her turn to his direction.

 “I'm trying to be friends with you,” he said but she didn't say a word. “ What are you so afraid of?”

 “Trusting people!” her face was red and tears began pooling in her eyes.