Daehyun

The different colored eye girl.

“I don’t understand. I'm not going to hurt you. I want to be part of your life and I want you to be part of mine. Jasmine please, don’t shut me out.” Yongguk pleaded wanting so bad for her to let him into her life.

“Why are you doing this? Tell me, please because if this is a lie I will despise you for ever.” Araciel hissed at him. She wasn't going to go through this, no not again. Not after what happened to her 2 years ago when she was still in middle school. Ever since that day she gave up on everything and herself.

Yongguk felt frustrated and he couldn’t help feel a little angry with Araciel but he knew too well it wasn't her fault why she was the way she was. He dragged a hand through his hair trying to calm down.

“I told you, I already told you Araciel. I like you. I think you are very beautiful and your eyes, they are amazing.  I don’t think they are disgusting, I don’t think you are weird or a monster. Your being and specially your eyes mesmerize me because I’ve never seen anything like them. Please Ciel, please don’t shut me out.” Yongguks eyes were so full of hope and promise. Of course, if she agrees to let him in he will do anything and everything he can in order to heal her brokenness but if she doesn’t, he will force his way into her heart.

“Take me home please. I don’t want to be here anymore.” She pulled away from his grasp.

“Araciel. Please. Aren’t you going to say anything to what I just said? Ciel ple…” he was interrupted by her.

“Just take me home. I need to think about his.” Yongguks ears perk. He thought that at least that was something to hope for. She did say she would think about what Yongguk just told her.

Yongguk parked in Araciels front yard and turned off the engine. They sat there for what seemed to be about 20 minutes without saying a word. Araciel finally spoke.

“Thanks for getting me out of my house when I needed to.” Araciel said looking towards her house.

“Will you think about what I said?”

“I will. See you at school” She opened the car door and closed it. As she walked towards her front door she looked back grabbing the knob and looking at Yongguk. Yongguk smiled at her showing his gummy smile and even though it was a couple of feet away and it was dark she was still able to see his smile. She smiled back at him and waved shyly.

 

It is 12:00 am and Yongguk is still in his car, not knowing if he should go in to his home or not. He is sick and tired of his stepfather telling him what to do. Even though he means well Yongguk didn't like being told what to do. He despises it.

“Himchan.” Yongguk whispered. He remembered his friend was going through a tough time due to his girlfriend.

Within 15 minutes Yongguk arrived at his house. He knocked on his front door and he knew Himchan was awake because his lights from his room were on. Himchan opened the door 2 minutes later and became surprised once he saw Yongguk.

“Guk…what are you doing here so late in the night?” Yongguk noticed Himchans eyes were red and swollen. As Yongguk stepped inside he hung his coat and turned towards Himchan.

“You’ve been crying,” he grabbed Himchan and hugged him tight. Himchan hugged him back grabbing his shirt and it into his hand trying not to cry again. With his face buried in Yongguks chest he inhaled deeply bringing Yongguks scent with him.

“You smell good…but this scent isn’t helping me relax Guk,” Himchan let go of Yongguks embrace. “I had a fight with Asami and I was so angry and frustrated that I began to cry.” Himchan tried to explain.

“Can we go to your room?”

“Yeah. I was just trying to write but I couldn’t and I can’t sleep either. Thank you for coming but why did you come?” Yongguk flopped onto Himchans bed kicking his shoes off.

“You want to talk about it Chan?”

“Talk about what,” Himchan looked at Yongguk.

“You know. About what happened”

“She said she was busy after I asked her out on a date. We haven’t seen each other in 2 weeks and we have barely talked. When we do, the talks are short. She always cuts our conversations short saying she needs to be somewhere. I'm getting tired of this.” Himchan said with a sad expression.

“Well. I’ll tell you what I think. Listen well because I know you know too. She is seeing someone else and you are drifting away from her heart because of him.” Yongguk was only telling the truth and he knew that Himchan knew what was all the fuzz about. Himchan was scared, scared because he didn't want to end things with her. They’ve been together for 2 years and he didn't know anything else aside from her.

“I guess. I need to think things through. Its hard.”
“Yeah,” Yongguk voice sounded faint.

“Thanks for coming to see me Guk, I was thinking about you and how I feel relaxed with you. I was about to call you but you showed up. You read my mind. Hehe,” a shy giggle came out of Himchan. “I guess that is why we are best friends. More like brothers really. It’s been about 15 years since we know each other huh?” Himchan was waiting for an answer but all he heard were Yongguks faint snoring. “And you fell asleep, on my bed. Great. You are too heavy for me to move you to the couch.” Himchan had no other choice but to let him sleep there. After he changed he began to cover Yongguk with his blankets as he lie down next to him in his queen size bed. It was big enough for the both of them and Himchan had no problem sleeping next to his best friend. Within minutes Himchan started to drift off into a deep sleep, his mind thinking about the thing that would hurt him most, breaking up with his girlfriend.

 

“Himchan, wake up! I'm hungry.” It was 8:30 in the morning and Yongguk woke up due to his growling stomach.

“Guk stop budging me. Go get your own dam food.” Himchan said, his eyes still closed and he was annoyed.

“Please Chan. Your dad is up and he kind of intimidates me sometimes…always.”

“He isn’t that bad he is just hard to talk to. Alright, come lets go.” Himchan struggled to get up and his sight was hard to adjust making him squint. Yongguk and Himchan walked down the hall half asleep and as they tried to go down stairs they dumped into each other. They tried to go down at the same time.
“Aish, Guk these stairs are one person wide! You are too fat.” Himchan giggled.

“You are the fat one. Look at those cheeks. Flopping up and down every time you take a step.” He couldn’t help but laugh at Himchans shocked look.

“Are you serious? Omo, am I really fat?” he cupped his cheeks with both his hands.

“You aren’t fat Chan. I was just joking with you. You are perfect just the way you are.” Himchan smilled and felt shy at his comments. Comments like this one were rare coming from Yongguk.

“I want some pancakes with bacon on the side Channie,” Yongguk said with a loving voice. Himchan looked at him through his bangs with a smile on his face.

“I'm not your wife Yongguk,” Himchan joked

“But Channie, you’ve cooked me breakfast for the past 15 years every Sunday here and there.”  He looked at Himchan with his head to the side. “We are practically married, 15 years in the process,” he winked at him. Himchan blushed a crimson red.

“Stop that Guk, I’m not a girl. Get yourself a real wife. Maybe if you ask that Araciel chick to marry you then you’d leave me alone every Sunday morning!” Himchan laughed at his own saying. Yongguk didn't say a word to Himchans comment and instead turned his gaze to his hands as he twiddled his thumbs. “Wait! You asked her to marry you!” What was going on in this kids head? He doesn’t know her, Himchan thought.

“I didn't, I just…I just told her what I felt and that I like her but that’s it. I wouldn’t ask her to marry me! I don’t even love her…yet.” Himchan was happy that his best friend had finally found someone he liked after 3 years due to his ex girlfriend breaking his heart. After all he was the sweetest guy there could be, that is something noticeable from the way he treats Himchan with such care. No wonder Himchan became friends with him; he likes how Yongguk treats him.

“So then what did she say?”

“She didn't say anything, she told me to take her home but she did say she will think about everything I told her.”

“And what did you tell her exactly.” As Himchan listened to everything Yongguk was saying he thought that this would be a challenge for Yongguk since that girl is a broken mess. He felt bad for him yet happy at the same time because he hasn’t seen Yongguk this happy in years, he hasn’t even seen that shy smile of his in years. Himchan approves.

“I kind of don’t want to talk about this because not knowing what she has to say is eating at me alive, lets go to Daehyuns house yeah?” he pointed his thumb to the door.

“Sure, lets go. I bet Jae is there too.”

With their minds on one thing both Yongguk and Himchan were quiet the whole 10 minute drive to Daehyuns house. Seeing that the houses along side the road were starting to become of 2 stories as they rode they knew they would reach their friends house soon enough. Setting the car on ‘park’ and taking his foot of the breaks Yongguk heard glass breaking and it was coming from the direction of his friend. Opening the car door Himchan and Yongguks eyes locked with a confused look.

“Did you just hear that?” Himchan asked

“I heard, it sounded like glass breaking what do you think it…” Yongguk and Himchan ran towards Daehyuns house when they heard and saw Daehyuns front window smash into bits and pieces.

“Daehyun!” they both screamed when they saw a guy holding Daehyun by the neck against the wall. The guy turned to see who had entered and Daehyun took the opportunity of him being distracted to get lose from his hold. With one swing Daehyun kicked the guy in between his legs making him kneel to the floor while cupping himself in pain. He took another swing at his leg hitting the guy on the face with his knee making him fall to the floor half conscious.

“Hi guys, what are you doing here?” Daehyun wiped blood from the corner of his mouth.  No response came for Yongguk and Himchan were speechless and immobile.

“What happened here?” Himchan finally spoke with concern for his friend. He was too beaten up and bruised. Blood was oozing out from Daehyuns left eyebrow and a right cheek was swollen and red, his lips cut and his teeth red. What happened? Poor Daehyun, his handsome face will be scarred and all because of this unknown person, Himchan thought.  Daehyun spit blood combine with saliva at the guy on the floor who was struggling with the pain.

“This bastard came in here and just started swinging at me!”

“What? Do you even know him?” Yongguk kept staring at Daehyun then at his living room. It was all trashed, the window broken, his Tv on the floor (probably cracked), there was even several wholes on his wall.

“Bastards name is Suho, I'm seeing his ex girlfriend.”

“She’s mine!” The guy who’s name is apparently Suho darted at Daehyun trying to punch him but he missed due to Yongguk pulling Daehyun by his shirt towards where he stand.

“Don’t touch him or I will deform your face…more than how it is now.” Yongguks cold words and expression made Suho hesitate.

“The problem isn’t with you, this doesn’t concern you, now if you don’t move then it will be with you and him.” Suho looked at Himchan.

“You’re wrong. From the moment you touched him it became a concern and problem to me. “ Yongguk glared at Suho.

“Who the are you?” Suho gritted his teeth.

“Leave or I swear you’ll leave from here crawling if you stay” Yongguk made it loud and clear. He wasn’t joking, in fact, he was quite angry with this guy for touching Daehyun. Himchan never liked to mess with the angry side of Yongguk, he seem quite scary to be honest.  As Suho walked passed Daehyun he glared at him with eyes full of promise to whatever he wanted to do to the kid.

“This isn’t over, you hear me” Suho threatened Daehyun

“I'm pretty sure it is because if I hear that you got near him again I wont hesitate to put you down” With a loud slam on the door the frames on the wall shook and he was gone.

“Daehyun please do and explain this” Yongguk began to pick up the mess that was done.

“Look at you, he left you pretty bad,” Himchan tilted Daehyuns head to take a better look at his bruised face. Himchan went straight into his bathroom to retrieve the first aid kit to care for Daehyuns face. “Come, sit” Himchan ordered.

“He is the ex boyfriend of this girl I’ve been seeing for the past 2 weeks and well that’s why…I haven’t seen you or talked to you guys hehe” Daehyun giggled. He looked at Yongguk but Yongguk only looked at him. “Himchan, appa is looking at me scary…” Daehyun pouted. “Ahhh that stings eomma!”

“Well of course it stings kid and stop calling me and Yongguk appa and eomma, we are too young to have kids and even if we did he would be well mannered unlike you, you dam brat!” Himchan said but then realized what he had just said and found Daehyun and Yongguk staring at him.

“So it’s a “he”, our kid. Mmmmm I didn't know you wanted a kid. A kid doesn’t sound bad. When should we make him?” Yongguk winked at Himchan.

“YA! That’s not what I meant! That’s impossible,” Himchan blushed

“OUCH, Himchan that hurts, finish up already”

“Well if you would stop moving then maybe I would be able to put the Band-Aids on you.” His face had 3 Band-Aids, one on his mouth, eyebrow and cheek.  “All done.” He said proudly.

“Now that you are all taken care of covered in boo boo’s, I want to know what happened.” Yongguk said

“I already did app…Yongguk” Yongguk was staring at him. “Fine, just don’t, don’t scold me because I know you will.”

“If you knew I would why have you done whatever you did.”

“I met her a month ago. We were going out here and there, at first just as friends. Then one night…it just sort of happened. I kissed her when I dropped her off at her work. That was 3 weeks ago and since then we started to date.”

“Then why is her ex boyfriend after you?” Himchan asked

“Because…she was still with him while we were seeing each other and not too long ago she left him for me.” Yongguk didn't say a word. He kept listening but he was upset with Daehyun. “And so that is why he came after me. I was sort of surprise to be honest, but I figured. “

“Himchan lets go.” Yongguk stood up. It was clear that he was upset

“We just got here,” Himchan protested.

“I am upset at Daehyun and I don’t want him near my sight,” his voice was cold.

“I’ll text you. I'm sorry,” Himchan whispered. Daehyun saw them leave and sitting on the couch he let out a big sigh picking up his phone he saw there was a message from her.

Hi love. I miss you, it said. Daehyun smiled forgetting his painful face and his friend being upset with him.