Ugly (Chapter 4)

Ugly

Yuri's POV
 

Finally I could go home. I walked out from the class not even glancing at Mrs. Kim or even Minho. I'm really tired after everything I gone through, and I don't want to go another. I put my stuff in my locker but you know what I see? My family photo which I stick on the locker's door was scratch and another photo where are me and my dad also scratch. There is a sticky paper stick in the middle, written, 'Ugly person like you shouldn't take a photo, it's like mocking beautiful people'. I took the sticky paper and tear it into pieces, not letting any word could be read.

I slammed my locker door and cried. There's no one on the corridor, so I thought it will be okay if I cry. So I did, sitting on the floor.

"You know, people say ugly people always sit on the floor, I guess it's right," A voice was heard.

I looked up and saw Seo Joo Hyun. My day is really bad today. What else is there except her?

Seo Joo Hyun then laughed evily, walking pass through me.

Right, the last thing I need was to hear her voice. But you know what? Actually I'm popular enough. Ask them who the ugliest, they might have said it's me or point me. So, if you say I'm not popular, it's not right. I know I'm popular. But sometimes, I really wonder what exactly that made me looked ugly? My mother once told me, no one was born ugly. She told me to lift my chin up high, but I really can't. I'm afraid once I did it, I would be like Seo Joo Hyun, looked down everybody. I don't want to be that kind of girl.

Anyway, I stood up from the floor and walked out from the school. It's raining heavily. Dang!!! I don't have umbrella and I usually walked to go home. I'm not poor, just people will start gossiping and I guess they felt heavy not seeing me hurt or in pity condition. That's why walking home means happiness for them and it makes my shoulder feel easier.

I covered my head with my bag, start walking home. I cross the roads, but bad luck hasn't left me yet. A car stop immediately as I crossed the roads. I stop and turned at the car.
 


Minho's POV
After Mrs. Kim small speech, I walked towards my locker to put my stuff. Mine and the ugly's not near, but I need to pass her first so I could get to mine. She hasn't been here, I thought, and put my stuff. After done, I heard sobbing voice and carefully I saw a figure sitting on the floor, hugging her knees, and I know who is it. Of course it's the ugly. Her locker is there. I wanted to go there and laughed, but Seohyun tap my shoulder and told me she would done it gladly.

I let her, it's not like I want to help the poor girl. Yonghwa also there, standing beside me and after seeing the scene, we left gleefully to take our car and we rode it. Yonghwa and Seohyun gone first and I follow a metres behind. It was raining heavily, so bad because the rain covering the front glass of my car and the wiper not even working well. I saw a figure cross the roads and I immediately push the break and stopped.

After the wiper wipe away the rain, I could see clearly the person who is standing at the rain. It's ugly. She glared at my car once and then walked across the street. I don't know what kind of spirit inside me and I decided to followed her. She walked until a standard-white house. So she isn't poor, I thought, she is only ugly. I wonder what kind of parents she had, giving her these kind of face.

I really don't understand why I followed her, but after seeing her walked into the house, I feel safe inside. Maybe because I feel regret of what I done at school. But that's that. Nothing else, so I drove back to my home.

My phone ring and I picked it up. It's Yonghwa, asking where am I.

"I still on my way, maybe I'll be late, I need to change clothes too, though." I replied him as I turned my car. "Okay, I'll meet you there,"

I hung up and park my car.

End Of Minho's POV

 

Minho's POV

"Kwon Yuri," The teacher called, but no response.

I looked beside me, it's right that the ugly isn't there. Where is the ugly exactly? Why isn't she here now? Is something happened to her? Well, it's right yesterday she was below the heavy rain, but it is mean she sick?

Hold, Minho, why do you care? It's not like your problem.

"Choi Minho," The teacher called me but I didn't pay attention. "CHOI MINHO!" She shouted and I turned my attention to her. "Are you listening? No, don't answer that. I would like to ask you to tell Miss Kwon about the camping that will be held next week, it's two days one night trip."

"Wait, why me?"

"You are her deskmates, Mr. Choi," Mrs. Kim said. "And if I find out you don't tell her, you'll get detention from me."

I sighed in disbelief as I glared at her.

"What to do?" I asked myself.

Minho's POV END

 

Yuri's POV

Gosh, what time is this? I looked up and saw the clock on my desk. It's 9 AM!! Gosh, I am so late by now. I want to sit down, but it is really hard to even get up. What happen?

"...." I want to say something but my throat is very dry.

Suddenly my door opened and dad walked in.

"Why aren't you driving the car I gave you to school? You are sick now, what can I do?"

Water could do, I think sarcastically.

"Here, drink," Dad told me and I'm very grateful of it.

"I have to go to work, but I will buy medicine when I'm home. Don't get out from the house, you might get sicker."

"Yes, dad," I smiled.

"Princess," Dad said, and I froze.

It was like the first time after mom's death, dad called me princess. Ever since mom's death, he looked like a livelessly person, who think only work instead another living creature in his house, who is me.

"Yes, Papa?" I used to call him that, as he was the king and I was his princess.

"Don't get any sicker, Papa couldn't let another go." He said and I was touched.

"Don't say it, I will not leave you, Papa."

"Anyway, princess, this is something your mom leave to you long ago, she told me to give you this once you got your 17th birthday, which happen two days later. I never have time to see you sleep, so I decided to give you this now. Is there anything you want for your birthday?"

"I want you to be at my side, spending your day with me. But because you busy, dinner with me sounds better." I confessed boldly.

"Okay, then, meet you for dinner on your birthday." Dad told me and pinky promise with me.

He is a very kind daddy and care a lot his daughter. But it's a pity his time was used to his work.

"Bye," I said, waving and back to sleep.

End Of Yuri's POV