Ugly (Chapter 3)

Ugly

 

Yuri's P.O.V.

 

"You're s-so mean," I whispered, the tears falling from my eyes like rain pouring down onto the ground. I tried wiping them all from my cheeks all at once, but they just kept falling. I looked at Minho again, embarrassed. I was trying so hard to stop, but I just couldn't. Words hurt no matter what. I left my books on the table and ran out from the room to the bathroom. I didn't care if anyone saw me, I didn't care if I was making a complete fool out of myself, And i didn't even care if Minho felt sympathy for me. He probably didn't even watch me ran away  from him like he was some kind of monster.

I grabbed the paper towels and looked at myself in the bathroom mirror as I wipe the tears free of my face. My reflection was blurry, thanks to my eyes, and I rubbed them dry to the point where they were past swollen and red. I sniffled again and closed my eyes. Last class of the day. All I have to do is go back in there, face my fears, and get throught twenty more minutes with Choi Minho. I could do it. I just had to put my mind to it.

I walked out of the bathroom slowly, walking back to the chemistry classroom. Everyone's eyes were on me when I sat down in my seat next to Minho. Even Mrs. Kim mumbled under her breath. I felt Minho's eyes on me, but i kept my eyes down, like I was used to so i would ignore everyone. All I had to do is ignore, forget, and move on. Too bad that was almost impossible to do.

"Yuri-shii" I heard him whisper. I ignored him, keeping my eyes on the board. He sighed and gave up, keeping to himself. I barely heard when his friends patted him on the back and told him good job for "messing with Ugly". I grit my teeth again and cup my chin with my hands, keeping eyes on the front the whole time. 

Mrs. Kim says after 30 minutes, "Well, because of our little accident with Yuri, I guess some of you didn't get the chance to talk to your partners as much as possible". I felt the eyes on me again. It was all my fault again. "So ," Mrs. Kim continued, " I would like to see Mr. Choi and Ms. Kwon after class. You two are the only ones that will not be sharing today."

I sighed in my head and put my chin on the cold tabletop, hearing the upbeat thumb of Minho tapping his pencil over and over again on his book. I looked up slowly and mumbled, "Can you please stop?" He looked at me and smirked, not even stopping. I shoock my head and turned back to the front of the classroom, closing my eyes. I sighed again, this time, aloud. And Minho heard me.

 

Minho's P.O.V.

 

I almost felt bad for making the poor girl cry, but then again, she deserved it. She deserved every bit of hate and tears. I always thought this but I knew in the back of my head, I actually felt bad. I heard other people say that she deserved it, so I let it get to me. I began thinking it too, even though I almost realized that she did nothing to anyone to deserve her tears. 

When Mrs. Kim revealed that I would have to stay after school with Yuri, I knew instantly that that meant that I woudn't be able to go to dinner with Seo-Hyun and her other friends. That means no making out, no food, and no getting away from Yuri. I sighed and thought "Seo-Hyun is going to be pissed"

 

~twenty minutes later~

 Everyone was finished with introducing what they learned about their new partners, school was over. Everyone left the classroom after two minutes, leaving me, Mrs. Kim and Yuri alone. She tells us to come up to the front where she make us sit down in different tables. She leaned against her chest and crossed her arms over her chest. She tells us sternly, "I do not accept that kind of attitude in my class Minho, you had no right to say that to Yuri. You made the poor girl cry! And Yuri, even though I understand where you're coming from, you don't need to cry about -"

Yuri cut her off whispering "But you laughed at me with everyone else."

I remember hearing Mrs. Kim tell someone up in the front that Yuri was overreacting and she even laughed quietly when Yuri came back into the room. A teacher was almost mean as us. I kept quiet, not wanting to step into the conversation at that point. 

Mrs. Kim defends herself, "No, I didn't." That was a cold lie, and I almost smirked at how ridiculous it sounded. Mrs. Kim sees my small smile and turns towards me, narrowing her eyes.

"Want to say something, Mr. Choi? Is this funny to you?"

I shrug my shoulders and mutter, looking at my teacher in the eye, "It is funny, I mean, look at her! Do you think I want to be partners with her? I had to do something to get her away from me! She reminds me of...some kind of bug."

Mrs. Kim looks at me and then Yuri, then telling me "You will be her partner for the whole semester. And you will enjoy every second of it. If you want me to, I can call the rest of your teachers and tell you to have switch classes so you can sit next to Ms. Kwon in every single class. Would that be better?""No, Ma'am," I gulped, looking down, I didn't want that. That would ruin my reputation and I would start becoming a loser like Ugly.

 

****************************************************************************************************

 

 

Read More and Find Out