Ugly (Chapter 1)

Ugly

 

 

Yuri's P.O.V.

 

"Watch where you're going, ugly!" I hear yet another one of those snobby, arrogant male seniors. I grit my teeth together and keep walking ahead, trying to ignore all the evil glares and whispers sent my way.

               It was yet another one of those days where I was shoved, pushed, and hit by anyone and everyone who hated me because i was...ugly. It all began in the beggining of my freshmen year. I walked into school confident as my loyal friends stood by my side. I had a confidence that no one could take away from me. I have no idea how mean kids could be. In middle school, I was actually liked. But in highschool, everyone seems to change feelings, personality, looks and attitude. Everyone changes in someway wether it's emotional or physical.

              Along the way, my friends changed. I only had a handful of good friends when I first started in highschool, but then I just started losing them throughout the years. It was because of all the hate i was getting; they didn't wan't to lose their reputations. I am now a junior. Ussually, juniors and seniors are respected no matter what because of their age. Too bad for me because even the new kids coming into the school seemed more popular than me.

I took my usual spot at the empty cafeteria table in the corner of the lunchroom. No one sat with me or even dared to look at me. I was the school's loner. I learned to survive on my own without friends for two years. At first, i thought it was going to be hard. But the less friends and after school activities i had, the more work i could get done and just sit at home by myself as my dad worked. My mom died when i was ten from of Brain tumor, so all i had was my dad. Too bad he was never even around to ask how my day was.

               As a loner, you might have immediately thought i was disliked because of my personality and lifestyle. No, it's not that. It's because of my looks. Some people can be ugly emotionally when they become rude or snobby. But that's not why i'm "ugly". I'm ugly because i'm normal. Nothing special or even beautiful about me. I have the typical brown hair and brown eyes-a usual combination. With pale skin, I've gotten the words "You need a tan" multiple times. Nothing extraordinary to me. The girls that lived in my area were basically models. Long legs, long arms, tanned skin, long black hair, gorgeous eyes. But me...i'm nothing compared to them.

                  I pull out my lunch slowly and nibble at my sandwich, keeping my eyes down. If I even brought my eyes up, the stares and whispers would start again. No one liked me. And to be honest, I was starting to not like myself either.

I finished my lunch and got up slowly, throwing my trash away in the nearby can. I kept my eyes down on my feet, not watching where i was going. Someone had put their foot out as an easy target. Being the clumsy me, I was tripped and i fell face-first onto the cold, tile floor of our cafeteria.

                   Though most people weren't paying attention to what's going on, I heard almost everyone burst into laughter. Even my ex bestfriends were. Some pointed and laughed at me. Others covered their mouths and even threw trash at me. I looked up with tears glistening in my eyes and looked at my enemy; Seo-Hyun

She giggled and hissed rudely, "Good job, Ugly. See what a mess you made!"

I looked down at my shirt, not even realizing it was splattered with someone's gravy and mashed potatoes. I got up from the floor slowly, mywhole body was aching. With shaking hands, I tried and failed to wipe off some of the food. Seo-Hyun looked at me and smiled innocently, getting laughs from the table around her. I shook all over, trying to hold back the tears that I tried holding in every day. I just couldn't do this anymore.

                    Seo-Hyun laughs harder than everyone else when a small tear falls from my eye. I quickly wipe it away but she still says, "Boohoo! Cry me a river and go to your mommy, Ugly!"

No one knew my mom had died. Whenever someone said one of those jokes, I brushed it off even though it crushed my chest. Welcome to my life full of pain. I hope you hate it as much as I do

 

****************************************************************************************************

Read more to find out