Ugly (Chapter 2)

Ugly

Yuri's P.O.V.

I finally cleaned myself and shirt up, walking out of the bathroom hesitantly with my books clutched on my chest. I heard the girls giggling when I passed them in the hallways. I flinched when I heard them whispering different things about me, "What a freak","Loner","Just plain Ugly".Those were the words I tried and failed to ignore every day. They honestly have no idea how much it hurt. Hopefully one day they would feel the same way I am feeling every second of the day.    I walked into my final class of the day, Chemistry.I sat down in my usual stool, putting my books down. No one even sat to next to me in this class. My teachers must have felt bad for anyone that had to sit next next to me, so she made me sit by myself. But when I heard her announce "Students, today, we will be switching assigned seats. And yes, you will have a partner." Everyone's eyes immediately to me. I looked down, my cheeks flushing.

The door banging open made everyone snap their attentions up front to the one, the only, Choi Minho. The school's hottie and celebrity. The only reason he was famous was because he had a good voice. Not because he was a kind person who sang for other people's pleasure. He did it for himself and I completely despised him for that. 

"Sorry I'm late", he tells Mrs.Kim softly, smiling and winking. Even he tried to seduce old ladies. The girls in the class fell for it even though he didn't do it directly to them. I heard one girl murmur "Hot." I rolled my eyes and sighed, waiting for Minho to sit down so Mrs. Kim would tell everyone who the unlucky person to sit next to me was. I felt the eyes on me again. I wasn't the only one scared to see who I would be sitting next to.

Mrs. kim started calling off names. re adjusting the new partners. I had to get up and take my books with me, almost tripping again, because someone new had been assigned to my seat. "Ugly seat"  I even heard her mumble under her breath. I sighed and went to stand by the door, waiting to see where I would be sitting and who would be stuck with me for the whole semester. 

Just my luck. Minho and I were the last two standing. "Mr. Choi and Ms. Kwon." Mrs. Kim says loudly, "You two will be partners for the next semester. Take you seats in the back"

I was the first one to sit all the way in the back. Minho just stood there, looking around the room. I knew he was thinking home much sitting next to me for only an hour a day was going to ruin his reputation little by little. He groaned and trudged to the back of the room. He took the stool next to me and sat as far as possible away from me, whispering "Ugly"

I was used to it.

Mrs. Kim continues on, "Since we did this at the begining of the school year, I was thinking we could do it again to get to know your partner a little better. I will give you half of this class time to talk to you partner about yourself and then both of you will come up and say what you've learned from each other."

The class officaly started then, but Minho didn't even dare to look at me. I sighed softly to myself, turning to my book and tracing the patterns. Minho still woudn't look at me. He wasn't talking to anyone. I figured that he was embarrassed to even be caught sitting a foot away from me. I sighed and accidentally said out loud, "You know, if we don't do what she told us to do, we're going to get in trouble."

I heard Minho scoff and mutter the very first words he had ever spoken to me, "I really don't care, ugly."

That stung, but i whispered anyways, "I know y-you probably don't even wan't to talk to me you're a-afraid of r-ruining your image...but..I don't want to get i-into trouble." Minho looks at me, rolling his eyes. He says with a dangerous tone of his voice, "Don't talk to me or we'll have some problems. Got it, ugly?"

I nod my head slowly, whispering, "Okay". I really need to tell people to stop bossing me around. But at the same time, I don't know how to.

I continued tracing the patterns of my chemistry book with my small fingers. I heard Minho sigh, but he still doesn't say anything for a long time.

He finally turns to me again and asks-almost as if he's being forced to-, "What's your favorite part about--school?"

What a stupid question to ask. Was I really supposed to answer that? I gulped and said quietly. "Um..I don't really..know."

"What a great answer", Minho rewarded me sarcastically. I shrugged and told him honestly, almost standing up for myself, "Well, then you don't know me because obviously, you were being sarcastic. You just don't know me."Minho  agrees and smirks, "I don't know you, you're right. It's because I chose not to. Everyone doesn't want to know you.I mean..look at you."

I looked down from my stained shirt from the gravy. Then I looked up at Minho. He says harshly, "You're ugly inside and out. Of course, no one wants to know you!"For the first time in a long time, i start to cry in public. 

 

**************************************************************************************************

Read More And Find Out