EPILOGUE: REUNION

True Sincerity or Merely A Trap?
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Kris just watched as Tao was trying to figure out what to wear for the meet up, back at Jongin's place, it was quite different. Only Soo was at home because Jongin had switched his day-off to match the meet up. Soo was just at home not knowing what else to do, so he just turned back into his fox form so that he could feel more relaxed. He just stayed there, lying on the couch for a while. He just stared out the balcony doors as he just thought about nothing.

 

Staring outside for a long period of time is quite boring and so somewhere along the line, Soo had fallen asleep. Jongin couldn't help but just wave a hand in front of the sleeping fox. When he confirmed that the fox was asleep, he just sat down on the floor and stared at it. He didn't get too close otherwise Soo would notice. So, he was being very patient until Soo's nose twitched slightly. The fox's eyes blinked a few times before they opened completely to their widest. Soo immediately got up and changed back into his human form.

Jongin was just sitting there, laughing his head off and holding onto his stomach. Soo clenched his chest instinctively, "Jongin, you nearly scared me to death!" he exclaimed.

"You just seemed so peaceful so I was curious what would happen!" he exclaimed before continuing his ongoing outburst of laughter.

 

 

As Soo was scolding Jongin for his mischievous behaviour, Lulu was busy – pacing. It was annoying Sehun like crazy too. The latter had no idea why the fox was pacing back and forth so frantically. He had tried to ask, but his voice didn’t seem to reach the fox’s ears. So, he decided to get up and grab the fox by the shoulders. “Lulu, what’s wrong? Why are you pacing so much?” he asked.

Lulu could see the worry and confusion underneath his boyfriend’s forever stoic face expression. He averted his gaze from Sehun’s intense one, “I-I’m nervous about tomorrow. You see, all six of us foxes know each other in some way. Whether it’s in a good way or bad way, we know each other. Baek and Suho know each other from meeting on the odd occasion, Soo knows me and Chen knows Kris. We all know each other from that blaze though. Or, at least we know of each other’s existence. However, as much as I would like to go tomorrow, there is someone who scares me. I guess you could call it a trauma from a past incident,” he explained.

Sehun moved his hands down to hold Lulu’s shaking ones and asked, “Who is it?”

“It’s K-Kris. We somehow had gotten into a fight a few decades back and he was very close to taking my life. I found out later, that he had mistaken me for an evil fox. However, that memory of him is still fresh in my mind. I had forgotten about it for a while now, but ever since he showed up again, I guess you could say that I have been on my guard ever since,” he answered.

Sehun brought Lulu into a warm embrace and did his best to comfort him. “Lulu, just remember that I will be there by your side. I’ll be there to protect you if anything happens, don’t you worry,” he reassured.

 

 

As those three couples were frantically trying to figure things out, scold one another etc... There was one couple who seemed to just get on with their usual routine. Suho always took Yixing to work. Whether it be walking him to the cafe or driving there, but Suho always had a reserved seat in the cafe just for himself. He would just sit there, eat, drink, read or just relax in his reserved seat until it was time to head back home with Yixing.

Obviously by now there would have been a few people who came up to Suho asking if he did anything else. He was never rude to them or blunt. He was well-mannered, smiling every time and just answering with a simple, "I am just waiting for someone to finish work."

The person would then just scurry off knowing that it was alright but also not knowing what else to say without seeming like a stalker. Of course, by then most of the regular customers had become used to seeing Suho sitting in his usual seat.

However, on that day in particular, there seemed to be a slightly suspicious looking customer entering the store. Without a doubt, Suho could see that it was no human or man. It was a fox spirit, but unlike the six of them, this fox radiated evil energy. It was headed straight for the counter where Yixing was currently serving a few customers. When Yixing looked up though, he seemed to realise that this person was not human.

Before even letting the customer be served, Yixing went over to the coffee machine and began making a cup of coffee. He was used to making it in a rush, but he did his best not to do so. Once he made the order he went around the counter and went to Suho's table. "Here is the coffee that you ordered. Sorry that it took so long," he had said.

Suho knew exactly what his boyfriend was referring to and played along. "Oh yes, thank you very much." He made an illusion so the other customers wouldn't realise what was going on. He made it seem that he was drinking the coffee and Yixing was heading to the bathroom. However, the two of them were actually right there in the cafe the whole time. Suho got up and faced the intruder, "I suggest that you leave as of right now."

"What are you going to do if I don't?" he retorted.

Suho's eyes changed into the green-gold colour and his nine white tails showed up. He held onto Yixing's hand and squeezed it slightly. "You realise what I am don't you? I can do whatever I please to you. So, if you aren't out of here and at least three miles away from this place within the next ten seconds, you might just meet your end sooner than you had hoped," he threatened.

The fox made an audible whimpering sound before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke.

Suho made it look like the customer had left without buying anything, made Yixing come back out from

Please log in to read the full chapter