5 (part 1)

Don't Go


When they arrived at home, Taeyeon just got off the taxi without waiting for Sunny. Sunny paid the taxi driver and thanked him before going out and running after Taeyeon inside the house.

"Hey" Sunny said once they were in the living room. 

Just like in the taxi, Taeyeon ignored her again and went inside her bedroom. Sunny was about to give up as well. Afterall, she was tired after the long day and all she needed now was a good sleep. So she went to her own bedroom and bumped herself on the bed. 

But nevertheless, she forced her steps to Taeyeon's room. When she opened the door she already found the woman laying inside.

"Forget what I said earlier" She continued, only showing half of her head behind the door. "If you don't mind, let's just go for a walk tomorrow. Don't take it as a date or anything. Just a friendly walk"

It took a while before Taeyeon opened at last.

"I don't think you should go out with me. I don't want more people to misunderstand us, misunderstand you"

"What do people misunderstand about me?" Sunny asked.

"About you and me being together, like what Tiffany took when she saw us for the first time earlier"

Sunny shrugged. "I don't mind what people say"

"You don't understand" Taeyeon glared at her, almost yelled. "You don't know where I come from. Moreover, I'm.. My point is, I don't want people to say gossips about you because you're taking care of a woman like me"

Sunny went silent after that and just kept her eyes on Taeyeon. 

"I understand that I may not know where you come from, Taeyeon" She replied with a gentle voice. "When I found you, I had no idea where you come from, whether you're a good or bad person. Whether you will bring good or bad to me. You just fell right there like a butterfly dying on the side of the road. I may not know anything at all about you right now, but does that mean I cannot try?"

Taeyeon listened as Sunny finished and, for an unknown reasons, she felt flattered inside. Someone like her probably didn't deserve to be found by a woman like Sunny.

"Anyway" Sunny went on before she could respond anything. "I hope you'll consider it. I really want to go for a walk with you, talk with you, even as only a friend. I don't mind. Just tell me what you think tomorrow. Good night"

With that, she closed the door and left Taeyeon who was still in silence. 


A few hours later in the dawn, Taeyeon was awaken. She didn't have a bad dream, no. She didn't think about sad things happening to her and cried. 

She felt like something was poking the area around her abdomen and around her back really hard. It started as a poking but it grew worse and more painful. There was something that tightened the connecting bones of her back and stomach and it paralyzed her from even moving from her current sleep position. At first she tried to ignore it, thinking it would pass by in no time, but it continued to the point where she couldn't even sleep anymore. It was too painful that she could only cry silently.

She didn't know how long she cried, but it must have been long and loud enough, because suddenly she heard the door opening and Sunny's voice approaching her. 

"Taeyeon-ah!" Sunny sat beside her, her back. "Why are you crying?"

Taeyeon just shook her head, trying to hide her pain.

"Please, tell me what's wrong" Taeyeon could tell from her voice, that Sunny's voice was shaking like she's almost crying. "Please, stop keeping things to yourself. Please open up to me, at least for my sake. I can't stand seeing you like this"

Taeyeon tried to turn her head since she couldn't turn her body. She could still see Sunny's worried face in the middle of the darkness and her own tears.

"I don't know. I think it's a cramp, but it's been since more or less an hour ago. I can't turn my body. It's too painful"

Sunny moved her body closer. "Tell me which part, I'll rub it for you"

"I'm not sure, but it's somewhere around the back. I've never experienced it. Why is it like this?"

"Next time we go for a check-up, you should ask this to the doctor" Sunny then brought her thumb to the area around Taeyeon's lower back, somewhere near her hips.

She began rubbing it slowly and gently. 

"How's it?"

"I think it's better" Taeyeon replied.

"Tell me if it's hurting you"

"..Yeah"

They stayed like that for quite a while. Sunny felt numb on her thumb after a few minutes of rubbing, but she didn't mind. If it could make Taeyeon feel better, she wouldn't mind helping for the rest of the night. Taeyeon, in the meantime, spent her thoughts on the woman who was helping her. Probably, just probably, she could open up to Sunny like what she said. If Sunny didn't want to be burdened, Sunny wouldn't make the decision to bring her her home when she found her that day. And if Sunny didn't want her around, she wouldn't be here, rubbing her back and easing her pain away.

She wanted to trust, just for once, that Sunny's feelings for her, be it as a friend or more than that, was real.

"Sunny?"

"Yeah?" Sunny answered in excitement. Even just hearing Taeyeon call her name made her excited.

"Where will we go tomorrow?"

Sunny smiled. "You want to go?"

"..We could do it another day if you change your mind"

"No, no, of course not. We can go tomorrow" Sunny couldn't help but grinning widely. 

"Where to?"

"Hmm, since we can't go somewhere very far away because you'll be exhausted.. What about to the local flower garden? Have you ever been there?"

"I don't think so"

"Okay, let's go there, then"

"Alright.." Taeyeon then slowly moved her limbs. "I think I'm okay now"

"You sure? Is there any other pain?"

Taeyeon shook. "No, it's all gone away now thanks to you"

"I'm quite good at it, ain't I?" 

Taeyeon giggled and just like before, it didn't fail to make Sunny mesmerized. Even though she couldn't see it clearly, the existence of Taeyeon's giggle alone made her feel like time stopped and the night was beautiful.

"Yes you're good at it" Taeyeon said. "Thank you. I'm sorry I disturbed your sleep. Continue your sleep then"

"No worries. You too, make sure you get enough sleep. If you feel anything again just shout my name okay?"

"Good night"

"Good night, too" Sunny stood up from the bed and stepped to the door. 

"Sunny?" She heard Taeyeon call just a second before she went out.

"Yes?"

"Thank you again"

"Don't mention it" Sunny smiled in victory, and then disappeared from the room.