Eyes and Tongue Don't Lie

Don't Go

"Auntie... Auntie Sunny, wake up. Your phone is ringing"

Sunny half-opened her eyes once she heard the familiar voice of the little girl. It was not a working day, so she let herself sleep a bit longer than usual. Ever since Taeyeon's absence in the house, though, for every single night she had always been in the state between sleeping and awake. She slept in a hope that dream would somehow be better than reality, but she was also awake because she knew dream was just dream.

Hara woke her up that morning; it seemed like her phone had been ringing for the past hour or so that Hara had to take it for her. Sunny lazily took the offered phone and checked the screen.

"Hello" She picked up the incoming call with her eyes closed once more. "What's up, Sica-yah"

"Yah, I thought you fainted in your house. Why didn't you pick up the phone earlier?"

Not in the mood to listen to scoldings in the morning, the sleepy woman just rubbed her temple and scrunched her nose. "I don't have to go to work today, Sica. I deserve more sleep"

She could hear Jessica sigh. "Since the day she was gone, you're only like this every day. You wake up and go to work, then go home and do nothing"

"Sica, I'm not into talking about her right now"

The woman at the other line let out another short, worried breath. "Are you really giving up?"

"How many times should I tell you?" Sunny could not help but to grab the bed's sheet tightly, starting to feel the pain again. "She doesn't need me and love me anymore. Everything that we had in the past was just all lies"

"I would like to believe that you didn't really mean that, as much as I believe Taeyeon must have done that for some reasons"

"I would like to believe that too but unfortunately nothing could be changed"

Knowing that she could not anything to change Sunny's mind right now, Jessica let the silence filled the conversation for a while. Somewhere in her heart, however, she still had a faith that Sunny would not just give up on her girl just like that. She did not know Taeyeon very deeply, nor did she know her long enough, but just by hearing about her from Sunny she could tell that Taeyeon's love was pure.

"Hey" Sunny's voice woke her up from her thoughts. "How's Tiffany? Is everything going on well?"

Once she heard her own wife's name mentioned, she realized that she should be really worried about Tiffany first rather than anyone else's problem.

"Sica?" Sunny called her again. "Are you okay?"

"Uhm, yeah. I guess" Jessica answered, still trying to put a light of hope in her voice.

"'I guess', you said? Your voice doesn't sound convincing enough"

No matter how much she tried to fake it out, Sunny was still her best friend who knew her the deepest. "Sunny, actually everything's not that fine"

Hearing that, Sunny moved from her sleeping position; she was sitting on the verge of the bed with Hara right next to her. "What happened?"

"Tiffany's pregnancy..." Jessica paused. "We're at the risk where... where we have to let go of the baby"

"Why?" Sunny could feel her own voice trembling a bit.

"It's a long story, but the doctor told us that if we keep him, Tiffany will be the one at risk"

Sunny gulped; she realized now that her friend was having such a big problem for herself, yet she still complained about her own problem.

"Sica, I... I'm sorry to hear about it" She said again. "But there's still hope right? It's not the final statement from the hospital, right?"

"Well, yeah, but if there's no change they expect us to make a decision soon"

"How's the mom?"

"She..." Jessica bit her lips. "She's not in a good shape, but she'll be fine. No matter what decision we will take, the most important is that I will still be with her"

There was a brief moment without words before Sunny started again. "Sica-yah, you know you're such a strong woman. I wish I could be like you"

Jessica chuckled upon the sudden praise. "Well then be like me. Be with your girl no matter what happens"

"I... I can't" Sunny sighed. "My situation is different than yours. Tiffany still loves you and needs you while I... I am not needed and loved anymore"

"You'd better be true to your heart" Jessica's voice turned serious once more. "Even I can tell that Taeyeon didn't mean what she told you at all. What about you who used to live with her, see her, talk to her, and know her every single day?"

Sunny just sat still on her place, letting her best friend's words sink in her heart as she thought over it again and again. She then thought of Taeyeon; what if Taeyeon was experiencing the same thing and she was not there all the time to be with her? What if this was actually the time Taeyeon needed her the most yet she backed off and chose not to trust her again?

* * *

"Mom, do we put the gingers after this?” Taeyeon’s rather cheerful voice filled the kitchen even though her hands were busy cutting meats and vegetables every now and then.

Her mom turned at her and smiled. “Yes that’s right, honey”

She could hear her daughter humming a tune of a song right after that; she furrowed her eyebrows a little bit at the scene. Not that she was not content of her daughter going back to her joyful state again, but Taeyeon’s sudden request to prepare the family’s lunch together and her smiling all the way made her wonder.

“You seem to be fine now, dear” Mrs. Kim finally commented. “I am glad that you don’t lock yourself and ignore your health anymore”

It was true that the only daughter in the house seemed to open herself more now. The times that she used to use to cry on her bed was changed to the time she randomly came to her mom and talked about stuffs. Every time a family member opened the door of her bedroom, the person would find her either reading a magazine or listening to classical music. She joined the family’s dinner more regularly, even though there were times she still preferred to do everything on her own inside the dungeon of her bedroom.

“I just think doing this will be better for the little one” Taeyeon gave her mom a weak smile.

“I am glad that you have such a mature thought. You’re going to be a mom soon anyway” The mother poured the vegetables to the boiling water when she remembered something. “Speaking of which, your dad has asked Baekhyun-ssi to go with you to the hospital later. It’s time for a check-up you said, isn’t it?”

Taeyeon stopped what she was doing at once when she heard the name.

“Is it okay, dear?” Her mom tried to ask for a confirmation, knowing that her girl seemed to still dislike the idea.

“Why can’t I just go by myself?” She asked with a small voice. She might have accepted the fact that she could not, and should not be with Sunny anymore. She might have assured herself that she could go on without Sunny. One thing, however, that she still could not agree upon was that she should be with that boy for the rest of her life. For her, there was only one person who could fill the other half of her heart and who could make her feel the real touch of love; and that person was Sunny and Sunny only. If she could not have Sunny, then she could never see herself grow old and build a family together with another person either.

“It’s too risky if you go alone. What if something happens on the way?”

“But you or appa could go with me”

“Honey, you know your appa is busy and I need to be here in case he needs something” As if she knew Taeyeon’s mind like she always did, she approached her and patted her shoulder. “If you still don’t like him, do it for the sake of your child, not for everyone else. Okay?”

Taeyeon could only sigh. “Alright, alright”

“Now just leave all the food to me. You should prepare yourself. Don’t forget to bring anything important” Mrs. Kim took the knife from Taeyeon.

Taeyeon gave her mom one last doubtful look before she walked back to her room at last. Once she was in the bedroom she grabbed whatever important documents she could think of and abruptly threw them into her black bag one by one. She opened the drawer to change her outfit but she stopped once her eyes caught her own reflection on the mirror in the middle of the way. Her pair of black eyes ran down to her own stomach before she put her two hands there.

“Do you miss Sunny?” She whispered. “We used to check you up with her together, right?”

With that, tears started dropping from her eyes. They were the tears she had tried holding back for a while ever since the last time she had seen the woman she loved the most. She had tried being strong for long enough and finally she could not bear it any longer. She missed Sunny. She wanted to be with Sunny right now. She needed Sunny more than anyone.

“Hey”

Baekhyun’s sudden appearance behind the door shocked her. She quickly erased the tears away and pretended to search for an outfit in the drawer.

“I will be waiting in the car” That was all he said before he left again.

Taeyeon had changed into a yellow dress and a dark blue sweater for the outer layer before she checked her bag for one last time. She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath to mentally prepare herself. When she was outside at the parking lot, she took a deep look at every scene she passed. How she wished she had still been in Sunny’s house, together with Hara and Sunny, ready to get on the taxi to the hospital. Hara would lament on how boring hospital would be and Sunny would calm her down with sweet promises. Instead of all those, what she would go through was a few full hours with this dude whom she could not even consider as a man. She knew this boy was the father of the baby but…

“Taeyeon!”

As much as she did not want to believe it, Taeyeon could not help but hearing Sunny’s voice. Maybe it’s just my own imagination, she thought.

“Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon’s lips trembled realizing that she was not dreaming. She really heard Sunny’s voice somewhere from outside the house. Her eyes quickly moved to scan everything she could in front of her. When she finally spotted the searched figure right in front of the house gate, she almost broke down again. Her eyes reddened in a blink as she watched Sunny standing, and slowly walking toward her.

“Sunny…” Her lips moved to pronounce that name out. Her legs wanted to run to that woman and her arms wanted to linger themselves around her neck, but they just froze somehow instead.

“I…” Sunny bit her lips once she was standing face to face with the black-haired woman. “Let me go with you for the check-up, too”

“Why” Taeyeon asked her instead of answering. “Why are you here and how do you know I am going to the check-up?”

“I remember the schedule” The shorter woman replied. “And you left the check-up card at the house”

Taeyeon stared at Sunny’s lips as she spoke. How she wished she could lock those lips with hers right then. However, she still managed to pull on the fake tough personality in her and quickly avoided Sunny’s gaze.

“Baekhyun is going with me” She coldly told her. “Didn’t I tell you I don’t need you anymore? Can’t you see that I have a future husband and family now?”

“I know that and I am going to respect your decision” The look in Sunny’s eyes turned stabile and strong; Taeyeon could notice that. “But I am still concerned about your health. I had a part in taking care of the baby so I think I deserve to know his condition as well. Let me just do this as a friend”

“I am still going with him anyway” Taeyeon moved closer to the car. “It’s up to you if you want to follow us there”

“It’s fine, I can go by myself” Sunny’s face did not brighten up that much, but at least she was relieved that she could make sure Taeyeon was healthy. “I don’t own a car like him but I can use a taxi as I always do – as we always did”

Taeyeon chose to just get in the car and ask the one driving to run the engine. When the car was starting to leave the house, she turned her head a little bit at where she left Sunny standing. The way Sunny said ‘as we always did’ stabbed her right on her heart and she wanted to weep about it, but she could not show anything like that in front of the boy sitting next to him if she did not want any more trouble with her dad. The old man could always set up a marriage date between them anytime if she dared to mess a single thing.

When they arrived at the destination, not a single time Taeyeon let Baekhyun do whatever Sunny always did for her before. She opened her own car door at the parking lot, registered herself at the registration desk on her own, and waited in solitude as if she had gone there by herself. Baekhyun did not seem to complain about it anyway, so at least she could be quite relaxed about all this.

Sunny had just arrived at the waiting room when she heard Taeyeon’s name called. She stood frozen on her spot as Taeyeon stood up and walked all the way to the doctor’s room by herself. As if time was on their side, Taeyeon saw her just right before she entered through the door. She stared deeply into Taeyeon’s eyes, trying to show her a thousand feelings she had felt inside. Through the shared look, she wanted to tell Taeyeon how much she missed her, how much she still loved and cared about her, how impossible it was to let her go.

She swore she could notice Taeyeon’s hand tremble upon their brief moment of locking eyes; the shaken bag was the proof. By then she realized that what Jessica had all said might be true after all. Taeyeon could have never done that to her for real. Taeyeon must have hidden her own feelings. The woman who used to be with her on bed might be scared or whatever reasons behind it but she could not have stopped loving Sunny just like that. If what Taeyeon had told her had been true; if she was just using her all the time in order to survive and cried painful tears in front of her; Taeyeon must have been a very good sly fox and won an Oscar for her acting.

Nevertheless, the woman she was thinking of still showed her back once more and went into the room silently. The doctor inside fixed her glasses once she saw Taeyeon’s gloomy expression and the fact that she was entering all alone again exactly like the first time she had been there.

“Where’s that shorty woman named Sunny and the little talkative girl?” She asked while preparing Taeyeon’s check-up record.

Smiling it off, Taeyeon just sat down. “They can’t come today”

Not wanting to be involved in somebody else’s family business, the doctor went on with the checking. Taeyeon followed all the routines as usual, even though she was thinking of how happy she would have been if Sunny had still been in the room with her. The check-up ended with the doctor’s suggestions and list of vitamins she should take as usual. When she was outside the room once again, she was expecting to see Sunny but the said woman was nowhere to be found. She only saw Baekhyun still on his chair, with his eyes closed and his mouth letting out light snores.

He does not even care about me and the little one – not even half as much as Sunny does, Taeyeon’s mind spoke again.

“I am finished” She said in order to wake him up because she did not even want to touch him.

“Hmm? Oh?” Baekhyun opened his eyes and stood up frivolously. “Sorry I fell asleep. So we can go home now?”

Taeyeon sighed. “I still need to get the vitamins from the pharmacy”

“Right” Baekhyun went back to his seat. “I’ll wait here. Just tell me when everything is finished”

Leaving him alone, Taeyeon was off to the direction of the pharmacy by herself. At first, she was annoyed by the fact that the dude could not help her with anything other than driving her and sending her back home, but after a second thought this could be a good excuse to never have Baekhyun accompany him again and she could tell her parents about this.

Yeah, it was better that way even though she still could not have Sunny as her life partner who would take care of her and the little one, and build a family as they had always dreamed before. She stopped walking for a few seconds to remember the stare Sunny gave her before she entered the doctor’s room. Even from meters away she swore she could still feel Sunny’s emanating love for her. The way Sunny’s eyes showed she was hurt; how Taeyeon wished she could take back everything she said and erase all those pain away.

She was about to move her legs once more when suddenly someone grabbed her hand strongly and caught her waist at the same time. It all happened so fast that she could not have a moment to recognize the person and say a single thing. In a matter of seconds, her lips met the attacker’s lips and by then she realized who the owner of these body parts were. She knew how those lips tasted way too well that she did not even have to open her eyes to look. For once after what she felt like a long time, she let herself taste those lips once more. She did not even know why she let it happen, but she just wanted to and she did not want to hold back.

She started kissing back, slowly biting the other woman’s lips and it did not take long for them to meet each other’s tongue. Taeyeon decided to forget everything and hungrily her tongue upon the one from the other. The taste brought her back to the reasons why she fell in love with Sunny in the first place and vice versa. At one moment, Sunny breathed out warmth into and she was about to moan upon it when her brain commanded her to stop. She abruptly cut it off and pushed away the woman who had just kissed her.

“You still love me” Sunny said her words in the middle of her quickening breaths. “You obviously still love me but you are denying it!”

“I…” Taeyeon tried to look away. “I don’t”

“Don’t lie to me!” Sunny continued, almost yelling. “The way your eyes communicated with me when we looked at each other earlier, and the way your lips and tongue move on mine, they all say you’re clearly still in love with me!”

“I don’t, Sunny, I don’t love you anymore!” Taeyeon stepped away in a hope that she could escape. “Please leave me alone!”

She managed to escape and for the nth time, she left Sunny alone again. She broke into tears once she was sure Sunny was far enough to hear her sobs and to see her broken-down expressions.

 


 

Hello~ :p

I am sorry for having abandoned this fic for one month, but I am back now with a quite long chapter and I promise to update more often from now on. Very much thank you for still reading this!

*Bow*