3

Don't Go

Taeyeon tried to put all of her stuffs into her bag as hurry as possible. She should be out of the house by the time Sunny finished her bath. She knew it wasn't proper to leave like this but.. She had no other choice. She couldn't burden Sunny to the point where Sunny had to take care of her problems. 

Soon after, she had had everything ready in her hands. She headed out and somehow felt relieved that Sunny always unlocked the house in the morning. She easily sneaked out and stepped away from the house area, further and further. 

Surrounded by houses, streets, and trees, Taeyeon walked and walked with no directions. She felt dizzy somehow. It had been almost one hour since she escaped and it seemed like she's going nowhere. She was still in the same areas of houses and streets. Her legs got weaker and weaker by each step. She hadn't had anything to eat. Her bag was heavy from the clothes. But the most tiring was the fact that she was carrying not only herself, but another soul inside her.

Another few minutes of trying and she finally gave up. She sat herself under one of the trees in the park and let out heavy breaths. 

"As expected, you ran away again"

Taeyeon gasped and looked up. Sunny was already in front of her, like an angel following her everywhere she went. She quickly stood up and was about to run, but obviously Sunny didn't let her to. She held Taeyeon by the wrist and glared at her.

"Why do you keep trying to run away from me? Am I scaring you?"

"You.. You don't understand" Taeyeon used her power to free herself from Sunny's hold, but failed.

"I don't understand because you don't let me to!"

"Why do you have to!?" Taeyeon shouted, this time she managed to break the hold. "Why do you have to be so nice to me? I'm not your family. I'm not someone you should help too much! Who am I to you that you want to take care of my trouble?"

Sunny stared at her, calming down herself before looking for words that could possibly make Taeyeon understand.

"Trouble" Sunny continued. "You're calling your own little one a 'trouble'?"

"Yes, and I want to get rid of it if I could" Taeyeon said sharply. Her eyes fixed. "I want to have it aborted"

"Oh, is that so?" Sunny smirked bitterly. She caught Taeyeon by the hand once more. "Fine then, follow me and let's just have some drinks of alcohol. I'm pretty much sure it'll do some damage"

Taeyeon kept silent and let herself got dragged by Sunny. They slowly had their way back to Sunny's house without any words spoken. 

Mentally cursing herself, Taeyeon unconsciously dropped so many tears along the way. She didn't even know why she said that. It just came out of her mind. She never meant it. And there had no been any single moment that she thought about doing it. 

The two soon reached the small house. By the time they entered the living room, Sunny opened the fridge and popped up a bottle. 

She brought it to Taeyeon's face.

"Drink. As much as you could" 

Taeyeon froze on her spot.

"Do it!" Sunny yelled. "Do it if you really want to get rid of it that much. If one is not enough, I can give you more later"

A few minutes passed and the long black hair woman still didn't move. 

"If you don't want it, if you want to have it dead, why didn't you drink last night? Why did you push this drink away? Why did you protect it?"

Sunny stopped yelling as soon as she could see more tears dropping from Taeyeon's eyes. Those black eyes and her own brown eyes met. The painful feelings hidden in Taeyeon's eyes made her feel guilty for yelling.

"I'm sorry" Taeyeon finally spoke. "I didn't mean it.. I just.. I want to blame myself for making mistakes. I've done a very big mistake. And seeing you helping me so much like I'm not a guilty person makes me feel even more guilty"

Sunny stood and watched as Taeyeon stopped to catch a breath. She kept watching that small frame of face of the woman in front of her. That beautiful face of Taeyeon, just exactly like the time she found her. Even when she cried, she still looked like an angel. Not that she enjoyed seeing Taeyeon crying, but something triggered her heart so much that she wanted to turn those tears into smiles someday. 

But one question was true. Why was she helping Taeyeon this much? 

She didn't know the answer now, but she was sure she was doing the right thing. Undoubtingly she threw herself and hugged the crying woman.

"I don't know what's the reason for human to hurt each other. But to help each other, is there a necessary reason?" Sunny whispered. "That's a quote I once heard. Taeyeon, can you just for once stop focusing on me helping you. Let us focus on just you, and your baby?"

Taeyeon had nothing to answer. She felt like she didn't need to. A strange thing came in her heart that she found a comfort in Sunny's embrace. An accepting comfort she had never felt before. A soft shoulder she needed to lean on. And just for once, she let herself be comforted.

 

"Just for your information.." Taeyeon interrupted in the middle of their silent way on the taxi to the hospital. "I don't bring any money with me"

Sunny turned and gave her a comforting expression. "I'll count this as doing good things and good karma will come to me later"

Taeyeon bite her lips. "I don't want anyone to spend money because of me"

"Heey, there you go again. Remember, our focus today is you and the little one. Okay? Remember? Just you and the little one. Promise?"

The taxi stopped in front of the destination building. They came out and Sunny led the way to the entrance. Their fingers were unconsciously intertwined together. 

When they found the information center, Taeyeon felt that it was her responsibility to ask for information, register herself and everything. But before she could open to one of the nurses, Sunny went ahead and asked and did everything she needed to do.

Not a while after they were already on the waiting seats in front of the doctor room. 

"Sunny-ah!" A woman's voice suddenly called. 

Sunny turned around and smiled widely.

"Sica-yah!" 

The woman who called her turned out to be a very good-looking one. She had a long brown, curly hair and a face and body which looked like a barbie figure. Taeyeon examined her from head to toe.

"What are you doing here? Old friend?" The woman, fully named Jessica Jung, asked.

"Ah, I'm just.. helping a friend here. What are you yourself doing here?"

"Well, as you know.. Tiffany and I have been planning for this and I finally had the money to do it"

Sunny opened in joy. "You're gonna have a little baby!?"

Jessica nodded in happiness too. "Tiffany's in her third month now. I think we probably should go for lunch or dinner sometimes to share our happiness"

Suddenly Jessica's eyes found Taeyeon at the next side of Sunny's seat. She grinned and chuckled at her friend.

"So.. it's a friend, huh?" Jessica smirked.

"Err.. To be honest, it's a bit complicated. I'll tell you later"

"Okay, okay. I'll be waiting for your story" Jessica laughed. "I have to take care of my wife now. See you later, Sunny"

"Yes, see you later"

Sunny waved and sat back on her chair. 

"Your.. friend?" Taeyeon asked out of nowhere.

"Yes. Why?"

"No, just.. a bit wondering"

"You were shocked, weren't you" Sunny giggled. "You heard it correctly. Jessica and Tiffany are lesbian couples. They got married already"

"No, I'm not. I've heard of it already and have no problem with those people" Taeyeon turned her gaze at the other direction. "They're having a kid?"

"Yeah. donor, I heard. Tiffany's gonna be the one carrying the baby"

Taeyeon nodded. "She's lucky she has her partner with her"

Their expressions turned rather gloomy after Taeyeon's words. Sunny kept silent while thinking a lot of things in her mind. She didn't know what happened to the man whom Taeyeon.. made love with, but she somehow thought that if Taeyeon was happy with him, she wouldn't be like this. 

"Hey" Sunny began again. "I'm not anyone to you but at least you have me here for today"

"T- Thank you then" Taeyeon stuttered.

"Miss Kim Taeyeon, you can go inside" A nurse suddenly called from one of the rooms.

Taeyeon stood up and looked at the other woman. "I'll go inside first"

"Yes you should"

Taeyeon then made her way to the doctor's room, leaving Sunny alone on the waiting room. Sunny sighed. She had hoped Taeyeon would have her come inside together. However, anyway, she managed to at least help Taeyeon get checked today. That should be enough for now.

But she promised herself, and she didn't know the reason why, that she would do more than enough soon.