He was someone I can trust.

When I say I do not love you, I wasn't convincing you. I was actually convincing myself.

 

 

Eun Jae's POV:

We start our preparation for our performance test with the dance segment first. Our group has chosen a remix of SHINee's song – Noona Neomu Yeppeo. Besides the basic dance choreography that SHINee had performed for Noona Neomu Yeppeo, we would be incorporating a short segment of couple dance to make our performance more interesting.

 

Originally, I wanted to pair up with Onew for our couple dance since he gave me a kinda comfortable feeling that I couldn't really explain or describe.

However, Jessica was kicking up a big fuss when she insisted that she want to pair up with her “Onew-prince” no matter what.

Thus, I'm paired up with Jonghyun while Onew paired up with Jessica instead.

 

Soon, we change into comfortable outfits, getting ready for our dance practice.

Our rehearsal commence with some basic warm-up exercises and continued with the actual dance practice of Noona Neomu Yeppeo.

Onew and Jonghyun actually demonstrate to us the dance steps of Noona Neomu Yeppeo first to give us a rough idea what would the whole dance look like.

 

Okay, let's try out the first part. 5,6,7,8!” Onew instructed.

Noona you are so pretty
Boys wont leave you alone
Honestly, I know your shaking feelings
To you I know this love is one moment, one feeling
But no matter what it said,
This is my life my everything

Maybe you are worried about my young age
But look into my eyes, what is it telling you?
And I think I'm gonna hate it girl
If the end comes
Your heart will tell you, regardless of what others says

All of us danced according to the given dance steps, except for me. Despite both Jessica and I only manage to learn the dance choreography today, Jessica picked up really fast and soon dance just like Onew & Jonghyun. But for me, I just can't seem to actually follow the beat of the dance. I often dance too slowly and thus, lagging behind the rest of them in the dance, making the whole dance messy. Really messy.

 

Stop! Stop! Stop! YAHHHH! Babo-yah! We dance the first verse for like 10 times already and yet you still don't get it?! Are you a dance idiot?!??!!!!” Jessica turned and screamed at me when I made another mistake with the coordination of my hands and legs.

 

I'm sorry...” I mumbled. Despite Jessica's harsh words, I couldn't argue back.

 

We haven't even reach the difficult parts yet!! And, we are seriously lagging behind time already!!!” Jessica continued her lashing on me.

 

I couldn't do much but just hang me head low and listen to all her lashings. She was right, because of my mistakes, I was causing the whole team to fall behind schedule.

 

Heys! Stop scolding Eun Jae! This is the first time Eun Jae is learning this dance. We've gotta be a little more patient,” Jonghyun defended.

 

Hello?!!!! I also learn the dance today, but I've picked up way faster than her. She's just such a loser.” Jessica replied, with much sarcasm.

 

Okay! Stop all these quarreling now! We are a team, remember? Why don't we take a 20 minutes break and continue later?” Onew suggested, and pulling Jessica to the corner of room.

 

Eun Jae, don't worry too much alright? You would be fine. Let's get some snacks,” Jonghyun comforted, patting on my head gently.

I will skip that, I wanna continue practicing.” I replied.

Fine! I will practice with you then,” Jonghyun said.

I gave a slight nod to show my appreciation.

 

During the 20 minutes break, Jonghyun patiently coached me with the dance. I bet this was painful for Jonghyun since, like what Jessica said, I am a dance-idiot.

 

But, despite beads of perspiration formed on the face of Jonghyun, he still hung a smile throughout the whole break and coached me with patience. This made my heart feel warmth despite I can still sense Jessica's cold, hard daggers from her eyes.

 

We moved on the second part of the dance which was the chorus part.

This is also the part where we will be doing the couple dance together.

The remix version of Noona Neomy Yeppeo's chorus had included the Waltz element, making the performance more unique.

 

Couple dance is something I really fear about. When we are doing the dance individually for the first part, I was already struggling. I couldn't imagine what would happen when I have to do the couple dance together with Jonghyun. It would definitely be worse.

 

Just as I was feeling so paranoid about the dance, Jonghyun pulled me close to him.

He held my hands and whispered to my ear, “Have trust in me. I will be here, with you.”

 

After hearing that, I feel really secured.

All the paranoia I was going through, disappeared within seconds.