Finally revealing the truth.

When I say I do not love you, I wasn't convincing you. I was actually convincing myself.

 

Eun Jae's POV:

“Erms...Erms...Can I speak to Eun Jae for a while, privately?” Key asked.

Everyone was in confusion and just stood motionlessly, staring at Key.

 

“Guys, guys! Why don't we leave Key and Eun Jae alone for the time being? We still have to meet the girls who bullied Eun Jae. Let's go,” Teuk oppa said, signaling the rest of the people out of the room.

 

Before he left with the rest of the group, Jonghyun came towards me and pat on my head.

He whispered to my ears, “You don't have to worry too much, alright?”

Onew also mouthed “Hwaiting!” when he was standing by the door, waiting for Jonghyun.

 

When all the rest of them left the room, Key closed the door and sat beside me.

It was a really awkward atmosphere.

I don't understand why Key has to talk to me privately.

 

“Erms, so what do you want to tell me?” I asked, breaking the awkward silence between us.

 

“Do you seriously cannot recall who am I?” Key asked, looking straight into my eyes.

I shook my head.

 

Key then took out the necklace he was wearing and asked, “How about this? Do you remember this necklace?”

 

Like what Taemin said, the necklace that Key's wearing is exactly the same as mine.

Just then, images of my childhood began to flash across my mind.

 

 

Flashback

(*Take Note: Each paragraph is only a small fragment of Eun Jae's memories with Ki Bum.)

 

“Ki Bum! This puppy is so cute!”

“I bought this for you as your birthday present! Hope you will like it!” Ki Bum replied.

 

“They all left me! I don't wanna live anymore!” I screamed as I tried to use the pen knife to cut my wrist.

“What are you doing Eun Jae?!?!!” Ki Bum immediately snatched the pen knife away from me and that left a deep cut on his palm.

Blood was oozing out profusely and yet Ki Bum still pulled me close to him and said, “Eun Jae, please don't hurt yourself this way. I know it is painful that your parents are no longer here with you. But, you still have me, remember?”

“But you are bleeding profusely right now!!!” I exclaimed.

“I'm fine. Really. I would rather be the one that get hurt.” He comforted.

 

“To: Eun Jae,

This necklace represents you and me.

I am sorry that I have to leave without even telling you face-to-face.

I promise I will come back.

I will miss you.

From: Ki Bum” That was what it was written on the card that was with the necklace.

 

End Of Flashback

 

“Eun Jae, Eun Jae...Are you okay?” Key asked and shook me back to reality.

Immediately, I grabbed Key's hand and open up his palm.

I saw the wound that was left behind by the cut, and gently traced it with my finger.

 

The necklace. The cut on his palm. It is Ki Bum.

“Ki Bum...?” I asked, hesitantly.

“Eun Jae, I am back.” Key replied, hugging me in his arms.

 

Tears trickled down my cheeks.

He finally came back. After so many years.

Ki Bum was the only friend I had.

He was always there for me no matter what.

Ki Bum is really important to me.

 

I broke away from Key's hug, wiped my tears off and asked, “Still friends?”

“Forever.” Key replied.

 

“Yay!!! Friends Forever!!!” Just then, Taemin opened the door, skipping into the room.

And the rest of them were behind him.

 

“ORHHHHH! So you all eavesdrop everything we said!! How can you do that?!” I asked.

Soon, everyone was playing and teasing around in the room.

 

I thought all the misunderstandings and confusion between me and Key were solved.

However I didn't realize that Key actually didn't tell me the truth - the real meaning of the necklace.

 

Key's POV:

Just when the rest of the them were happily playing and teasing around, I grabbed the necklace that was in my pocket.

 

Eun Jae, I am sorry I didn't tell you the truth about the necklace.

Just like the necklace I gave you, you are the only “key” to my “locket”.

 

I had always wanted be more than just a friend to you.

But, I guessed that I would have to keep this as a secret, deep down inside my heart.

The only thing that I want to do for you, is just to protect you. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for this late update!

I am so sorry if this chappie wasn't really good.

My exams are gonna be over soon! 

And I will update more romantic chappies in the future!

Who do you think Eun Jae should fall in love with? Onew or Jong hyun?!