The Waltz of Love. But with who?

When I say I do not love you, I wasn't convincing you. I was actually convincing myself.

 

I placed my hand gently on Jonghyun's shoulder and the other locked with Jonghyun's fingers.

However, I did not dare to look into Jonghyun's eyes, and fixed my eyes on our shoes.

I mean it is a little embarassing to look into his eyes.

Especially...

Especiallly...

When he's so cuteeee~blush

 

Keep your eyes locked on mine,” Jonghyun said as he lifted my chin to level my eyes with him.


The music started, and we took our first step together.

As it was waltz, there are various turns and swirls incorporated in the dance.

While Onew and Jessica being a perfect combination during the couple dance, I always ended up stepping on Jonghyun's foot or nearly slipped when we are doing the turns together.

Despite so, Jonghyun still led me gently and patiently throughout the dance practice.

And, that made me feel really warm at heart.

 

Finally, the dance practice ended.

It was really tiring for us and the four of us just lean our backs on the wall, resting quietly.

Just as we were resting, there was a knock on the door.

And to my surprise, the one standing by the door is one of our classmate – Krystal.

 

Krystal? Why are you here?” I asked.

I came to see my sister,” Krystal replied.

Sister?” I stared at Krystal in confusion.

Krystal is...” Before Onew could explain, Jessica interrupted and replied coldly, “I'm Krystal's elder sister. You didn't know?”

I shook my head while Jessica just rolled her eyes.

 

Jessica and Krystal took their leave first while the rest of us laid on the floor, with our heads together.

That day was really exhausting.

When we were resting together, I constantly see Jonghyun fidgeting and taking out his handphone to check every few minutes. And, he looked restless.

 

What happened?” I asked Jonghyun out of concern.

Ermms..Ermms..Nothing...” Jonghyun stuttered and avoided my eyes when he was replying me.

Why don't we start practicing again? Eun Jae, didn't you said that you want to continue practicing?” Jonghyun suggested as he sat up.

I sat up and just gave him a simple nod, while Onew picked up a phone call.

Jonghyun stood up and initiated to pull me up from my seat.

 

Just as we were about to start practicing, Onew stopped us and instructed, “Jonghyun, you should leave. Manager hyung is waiting for you at the school gate.”

It's fine. I will just go later. I practice with Eun Jae first.” Jonghyun replied and ignored Onew's instruction.

He held my hands and led me into our waltz position.

 

Jonghyun!! You are supposed to do your voice recording in the morning and you've already postponed it till now. The whole recording team has been waiting for you since morning. Can you just finish the recording?! It's is important for our second mini album!” Onew exclaimed.

But..But, how about Eun Jae? She needs lots of practice!” Jonghyun asked.

I will do it with her!” Onew declared.

What?!” I asked, nearly choked.

Yes, since I've done my recording yesterday, I can stay up till late and practice with Eun Jae. And you can actually go to do your recording, like NOW!” Onew ordered.

As it was the best we can do, Jonghyun take into Onew's “suggestion” and left for his recording, reluctantly.

 

Even though the dance practice room isn't very big, I could still feel the slight awkwardness between the two of us when Jonghyun left.

This made me stand motionlessly, staring at the door which Jonghyun just take his leave.

On the other hand, Onew just stood beside me, quiet.

 

Shall we?” Onew asked, breaking the awkward silence.

We start with first two verse of Noona Neomu Yeoppu and Onew corrected my mistakes on the way.

 

Eun Jae, it should not be this way. Let me show you,” Onew said.

Onew went behind me, grip my wrists gently and tried to show me the correct move.

However, it seems that he didn't realize that we were so close to each other.

I could feel that his hair was brushing against my cheeks.

His face was just 1mm away from mine and this made my heart skipped.

And, I couldn't really concentrate pretty much during the practices which led to even more mistakes.

 

Onew's POV:

What happened to Eun Jae? She can't seemed to focus.

Is it because Jonghyun isn't here?

It is not that she cannot dance, it is just that she doesn't seemed to understand the essence of dance.

Perhaps, I would have to help her in understanding what waltz first, before polishing her mistakes.

 

Eun Jae's POV:

Eun Jae, don't just focus in memorizing the dance steps. Just relax,” Onew said as he held my hand and initiate the dance again.

I rested my hands on his shoulders while his hands wrapped gently on my waist.

 

Waltz is the king of dance. This is because it was the first dance whereby a male and female can actually have such close and intimate contact with each other. Waltz primarily meant spins and turns. Couples in the past were unable to meet in public. Thus, they will only be able to express how much they miss and love each other through attending such gathering.” Onew explained and soon before I realized, I was actually dancing to the couple dance with no qualms.

 

Only when you hand over yourself to your loved one, you will be able to dance the best turns together,” Onew continued.

Just like now,” And, he raised his hand and led me in completing the beautiful turns that was pretty much a disaster when I was having my practice.

 

This feeling is weird.

Dancing with Onew is different from Jonghyun.

And I do not know the reason why.

 

I just know that I wish that I could freeze this particular moment.

All I wanna do is just looked into Onew's eyes and enjoy what Waltz really was.

 

The Waltz of Love.

 

---------------------------------------------

Hey people! How do you find this chapter?

Have you guys seen the new poster made by Nickerz?

I would like to thank Nickerz in helping me do the poster!

I really love the poster!

Lastly, comments and subscriptions are much appreciated! (:

--- papers-of-love