A Song for You

oh Mr. President!

Authors POV

It was still 6:00 am and a young student was already on his way to school. Ever since Kyungsoo started the coffee and sticky note gifts for the class president, he had grown to love seeing Minseok drink his simply gift calmly while smiling after reading each note. He then started waking up early just so he could keep his identity from the others.

When he got to the classroom, he quickly left his gift on the presidents´ desk and went to his sit. He was surprised though when he was met with a mocha bread and hot chocolate on his desk along with a note.  Kyungsoo held the paper in his hands as if it was made of glass and read the note with wide eyes.

 

Dear Kyungsoo

I hope you like my present and that a smile will grace your face when l see you today. Also, l wish l get to hear you sing.

Good morning :)

KMS

 

The abbreviation did not ring a bell in Kyungsoo´s mind. Despite that, he was glad that someone gave him a gift and did an effort to make him happy. He could only wish that someday it would be the president whom he liked so much.

Unknown to the innocent choir student, someone had been watching him ever since he stepped foot into the room. The other student watched Kyungsoo with a soft and pleased expression on his face as he noticed every little reaction Kyungsoo had. True, he did not know the guy at first, but he was so grateful that his classmate had been giving him gifts every day, even if the guy had to wake up early so he won’t be caught.

When the other students were coming in,  Minseok entered the room along the popular group. Everyone greeted them a good morning. A certain big round eyes lingered longer on the president as he took the gift in his hand and read the note. A smile was plastered in his angelic features and the owner of the pair of eyes that was observing, blushed after seeing it.

Classes were the same as usual and everything seemed to be like a repeat of yesterday until during after school. Instead of being in the student council room, Minseok was nowhere to be found. Kris and Luhan were clueless as to where their friend was. They looked for him while the said president was on the motion to surprise his secret admirer.

Do Kyungsoo was in the music room as usual. He liked staying longer than the others to practice. It is not even like he needed to put in the extra effort, more of it is his passion and he enjoys doing it. He was lost in singing his own composed song that he did not notice someone enter the room. His wonderful, melting voice was echoing in the room and when he sang the last note, he was caught of guard when he weird an applause. He looked around to know where the sound came from and he was not sure if he was dreaming or not when he was looking in the eyes of the president.

 

You have a really unique and captivating voice”, Minseok complimented with a smile.

 

Kyungsoo was so shocked he could not find his voice to reply. He only stared at Minseok while the other only laughed after hearing no response and approached the shocked owl.

Minseok held Kyungsoo´s hand and lead him to sit on the piano sit. Kyungsoo could feel his heart pound faster and louder with the contact and he was sure his face is red as tomato especial now that he was sitting beside his crush. He snapped out of his shocked state when he heard the melody Minseok produced from the piano.

Kyunsoo relaxed and he stared in awe at the president´s fast and smooth fingers touching every key before he finally looked at his face. It was exactly like the first time he saw him. While looking at the others face, Kyungsoo fell back to the memory of seeing Kim Minseok for the first time.

It was during their elementary years. He was on his way to go home when he heard a piano playing. The melody drew his attention and he followed the melody until he stood outside the music room. He picked inside the slightly opened door. That was the first time he laid eyes on Minseok. His face was so satisfied and happy while playing the piece. He was playing while Luhan was singing with him. Kyungsoo acknowledges that Luhan also has a great voice and handsome face. But Minseok´s voice was that of an angel. It was light and soft which was a perfect match to his cute and angelic look. Kyungsoo was infatuated.

Since that day, he noticed himself paying more attention to Minseok. His attitude towards the others, his cute reactions and he honestly hoped he would hear the president sing again. Little by little, the simply attraction grew and he really started to care for the other, even as a bystander. 

When Minseok stopped playing the piano, he looked at Kyungsoo who was also back to the present after the last note was played.

 

“Thank you so much for the gifts”, said Minseok.

Kyungsoo was confused as to what Minseok meant until we realized that he was caught, “Wha.., How did you know?”. Kyungsoo asked shyly and he could not dare to look at the president in the face.

Minseok smiled and made Kyungsoo look at him before he answered, “Because of your hand writing. I recognized the ones from your notebook which matched the one with the sticky notes”.

 

It was a shock to Kyungsoo. He was not sure how to react. His mind was filled with negative reactions from the president. But suddenly he felt a hand on top of his. He looked up to see a smiling Minseok.

 

Blushing, Kyungsoo found his voice to answer, “You´re welcome Mr. President. And l am sorry if it is a bother.”

Minseok shock his head and just said, “I´m really grateful and l appreciate it. Also l would be happy if you would just call me Minseok”.

 

Kyungsoo looked down to hide his flustered face and growing smile.

 

“I have a gift for you to show my gratitude. I hope you´ll like it. It is a song for you”, said Minseok before he started playing the piano again while singing.

 

Kyungsoo felt like he was in a dream again. After years of waiting, he finally got to hear that angelic voice again. And he was also so near him. He smiled and closed his eyes to let the voice and song be in scripted in his mind, memory and most of all heart.

 

Wait till a thousand years later

Everyone has already forgotten me

The time the red dusk in the sand

Who will be able to open the thousand years loneliness?

 

The song ended and both looked at each other with a smile before a comfortable silence followed.

 

“Thank you for that. You did not have to but l am so happy to hear your soft and angelic voice”, Kyungsoo said honestly.

MInseok just smiled before standing up from his sit. “It´s the least l can do. And thank you so much again for the gifts”, exclaimed Minseok.

He heard noises outside and guessed it was his friends so he waved at Kyungsoo to bid farewell, “Let´s be friends and l hope you liked my gift this morning”.

 

With that Minseok left and Kyungsoo could only look at the retreating back with a heart full of joy after knowing that it was the president himself who made an effort to make him happy, his KMS.