Coffee and Sticky Notes

oh Mr. President!

Authors POV

 

The next day, Minseok woke up extra early. We told his parents that he had something to do at school and thus skipping breakfast and leaving Kai & Sehun behind. His parents agreed and had his Kyuhyun & Eunhyuk hyung drive him to school.

As expected, Chanyeol was already in school waiting for him to arrive.  He went up to him and Chanyeol was leaning at the end of the staircase by their building.

When Chanyeol heard Minseok´s footsteps, we straightened himself and looked at him. Minseok was not surprised and had the same serious expression that Chanyeol had. Both were just looking at each other´s eyes until Chanyeol finally spoke up.

 

“You are rather early. So l take it that you are worried that l was going to tell the others about Sehun and Kai”, Chanyeol said.

Minseoks expression remained the same and answered quickly, “I know you are not that type of guy. Besides, you would have not asked me to meet with you if  you intended to spread it”.

It was silent for a while and the tension was building up. Then Chanyeol exclaimed, “If you answer my questions, then l´ll keep my mouth shut”.

 

Chanyeol waited for any changed of reaction and facial expression from Minseok, but there was none. So he continued.

 

“Why are you keeping it a secret? Wouldn´t it be easier to let it out in the open?”, Chanyeol asked.

 

Minseok then signed before he smiled. He took a few steps towards Chanyeol until he was standing beside him and leaned a little to the staircase.

 

“Maybe”, Minseok started and looked at Chanyeol´s direction. “You must know Sehun and Kai hyung since they are your classmates. Both of them are the silent type and are enjoying a normal student’s life. If others were to know about my relationship with them, it would attract them unwanted and unnecessary attention. I don´t want them to be bothered because of me. I thought it´d be nice if they at least get to live their lives normally without trouble and with freedom”.

 

Chanyeol was looking at Minseok the whole time and was at awe by Minseoks explanation.

 

Minseok stared at the sky and finally ended, “That is all”.  After a short silence, the younger looked at the older again and said, “Seriously, you have to believe me. I´m not trying to sound cool  just because l am worried to be told on.”

Chanyeol then looked away and answered, “ Don´t worry. I won´t tell anyone.”

 

Minseok was surprised by the reply of the older. His eyes widened and he continued staring at Chanyeol as if waiting for him to explain further.

 

Chanyeol looked at him again and continued, “If the others knew, there won´t be any reason for me to talk to you anymore and school would be boring again”. He smirked and Minseok was staring at him with a bewildered expression.

The giant then turned his back and took one step towards his building before he stopped and said, “Finding out a little bit about your identity was fun Mr. President”, and he continued to walk away.

Minseok followed Chanyeols every movement before he smiled as well and said, “What a weird hyung”.

 

When Chanyeol was out of sight, the president also walked towards his classroom. He opened the door but was not expecting what he saw on his desk. With a few quick steps, he finally got a better view of the surprise.  On top of his desk was a coffee cup with a sticky note on it. He picked up the cup and read the note.

 

Dear Mr. President,

Good morning! I hope to see your smile today. A smile suits you best.

 

After reading the note, he looked at the cup again and read the cute print on it. He could not help himself from smiling because of the kind gift. He wished to thank the person responsible for it, but he had no idea who it was, so he just made a mental note to find out later.

A few minutes passed and the classroom was filled with his other classmates. He was enjoying his coffee when suddenly he felt an arm wrap around his neck with a few noise coming from his back. His smile grew bigger because without even turning back to look at the person, he already knew who it was.

 

“Good morning Tao hyung”, He said with a smile gracing his face as he tapped the hand that hugged him gently.

Tao tightened the hug a little before letting go and answered, “Good morning Minseokkie”.

 

The other students just watched them with amusement. They saw the interaction between the popular group almost if not every day, but they still find it amusing that the scary looking panda actually has a lot of aegyo, though it is only for the group and especially for the president and not for everyone.

Tao was about to say something when suddenly a hand hit his head lightly. He growled and Minseok giggled a little before the culprit spoke.

 

“Yah, quite bothering Minseok this early in the morning and keep your hands to yourself”, Kris said before he went to sit beside his best friend and said, “Good morning Minseok”.

Minseok smiled at Kris and answered, “Good morning Kris hyung”.

 

Kris returned the smile. He was actually happy that the talk between Chanyeol and his best friend went well. Unknown to Minseok, Kris was present during the whole talk. And if things did not go the way it did, he was willing to take care of Chanyeol himself. He had promised to protect Minseok even back when they were kids, whenever and wherever, hence he woke up early even if it was not his style.

And just like Minseok, Kris saw the surprise gift that was on Minseoks desk. He knew Minseok had a lot of admirers but what he dislikes is not knowing who they were. So he made sure to make a mental note of finding out who the person was.

Minseok was almost done drinking his coffee when Luhan arrived with two cups of coffee in his hands.

 

“Good morning baozi”, Luhan said as he hugged the said guy and he was about to hand him the coffee but saw that he already had one in his hand. Luhan eyed the cup in Minseoks hand before saying, “Where did that come from? You always have my coffee in the morning’s baozi”.

Minseok felt bad when he saw the pout on his hyungs face. He smiled apologetically at him before answering, “Good morning Luhan hyung. I´m sorry. When l came in today, this gift welcomed me. But l will still drink the coffee that you have for me”.

Luhan returned the smile although deep inside him, he was displeased with the secret admirer who stole his chance to give his baozi his daily dose of coffee. It is okay baozi. Too much coffee is bad you know”.

 

Continuing with their normal conversation, none from the popular group noticed a pair of cute eyes looking at them. The said person had a huge victorious smile gracing his face as he watched the president drink the coffee that he gave him. He liked that the president was smiling and he was the reason behind it. He then told himself to do it every day if possible.

Three days passed by, and the same thing welcomed Minseok whenever he reached his desk in the morning. There is always a cup of coffee with a cute print and a sticky note, greeting him and encouraging him.

The president was happy with it but not his friends especially his deer looking friend. Luhan was frustrated that an unknown guy or girl is giving his baozi coffee every morning which is supposed to be his role.

During lunch time of the 3rd day Minseok received the gifts, he was asked to report to the principals office. The principal talked to him about the upcoming school feast and the projects to be done.

And on his way back to his classroom, he accidentally bumped with a student. The other boy landed on his and his notebook fell on the ground. Minseok was quick to help the said boy up by offering his hand and the boy shyly took it. Noticing the notebook on the floor, Minseok, picked it up, looked at it for a while before returning it to the guy.

 

“Here is your notebook. I am sorry, l was not looking where l was going”, Minseok said to the boy as he flashed his smile towards him.

The boys´ eyes widened more and he looked more like an owl with his huge round eyes before he said, “No..no need to apologize Mr. President. I was the one not looking. I´m sorry”, said the boy with a shy voice as he stuttered while answering.

Minseok smiled and extended his hands towards the boy, “Just call me Minseok. You are Kyungsoo, am l right? I noticed you in class, though he have not talked much before”.

 

Kyungsoo´s cheeks heat up instantly. Never in his dreams had he thought that the president would notice him let alone know his name.

 

He smiled his heart shaped smile, which Minseok found cute before replying, “Yes, we are in the same class. I don´t usually talk with others”.

 

Minseok was about to say something when suddenly a voice interrupted from a far.

 

“Baozi!”

 

Minseok averted his gaze from Kyungsoo to Luhan and his friends who were on their way to him and Kyungsoo. Before he could utter any words, Kyungsoo fidgeted before saying,” It was nice talking to you Minseok and sorry but l have to go”.  

 

Without waiting for any reply Kyungsoo left. Minseok stared at the others disappearing figure. When his friends arrived and asked who he was talking to, he just said it was their classmate. They then headed back to class.

Minseok was smiling all the way to their classroom. Finally he found the one he was looking for. Aside from Minseoks other talents, one very useful talent he has, is recognizing other´s handwriting and never forgetting it.