School Legend (SF 1)

oh Mr. President!

The president was painting after running for a while.

 

 

"ha...ha..ha...get down from there right now", Minseok yelled.

The one he just yelled at looked at him with teary eyes and asked ,"How?".

"Let me hear it clearly this time hyung. What did you want want to say before?", the younger then smiled and extended his arms as if inviting someone for a hug, "And just trust me and jump".

 

Authors POV

SM School like any other has its fair share of legends. There is one legend that students here strongly believe in when they hold their annual school feast. And that is that on the last night of the said event, when the famous fireworks are lit, one will be forever tied to the person he or she kisses the moment the first firework lights up the sky.

- Homeroom of Mr. President - 

Student 1: A maidens cafe

Student 2 : Maybe a cinema room

Student 3: How about we sell ice creams?

 

There were a lot of yelling at the same time as Minseok asked for suggestions on their class presentation. Almost all his classmates participated enthusiastically. 

 

"Anyone else who wants to add an idea?", Mr. President asked before wanted to decide on their classroom theme. 

"Me", Luhan yelled beside the bun and smiled proudly. "I strongly think that we should go for haunted house".

"huh!!!!!!", others students exclaimed in shock and confusion.

Tao quickly interjected while looking uninterested, "He are too old for that."

The deer faced student just smirked and answered, "You are just scared you scardy cat".

"Freeze  you. I am not", Tao retorted.

Another student said,"It is not yet time for halloween though". 

 

There were more noises and whispers that were clearly for disapproval. So Luhan just pouted and looked away. He wanted to argue back but the majority was against him so he cant do anything against it. Is it wrong to aim on impressing my angel, Luhan thought. It was the perfect plan. There room would be scary and others will be scared but being the manly guy he is, he will comfort the scared souls and impress Minseok. It would be better if Minseok himself was scared so he can be his knight but that would be dreaming for too much. 

Ever kind-hearted Minseok saw the sad look and poor pout of his hyunf when he glanced at him so he quickly thought of a way to salvage the situation.

 

Coughing to a bit to get everyones attention, he then spoke, "How about a haunted house Ice Cream Salon?".

 

There were confused looks and little noises that make Minseok smile knowing he got everyone 50% on the boat already.

 

"We can decorate our room as haunted house and wear scary monster costumes, but instead of scaring people, we wil serve weird yet cute looking ice cream. We could also add a little show within a certain time frame. Our classroom is big enough for it anyway", he explained to make things clear for his classmates. 

Student 4: Great idea!

Student 5: Interesting! as expected of the president to think of a way to address everyones request.

 

All the others student cheered as they approve of the final decision. 

Luhan by now was starring at his bun with great awe and admiration. Kris who was talking note at the side of the president just sighed at his starstruck dumb friend while Minseok just smiled at Luhan before asking, "what?", as if he did nothing and what he accomplished was the easiest thing on the world. 

With a creepy smile Luhan then jumped on Minseok and hugged him tightly while saying, "You are really smart Minnie. I always wanted to pretend being a monster ina haunted hause. So thanks".  Its is not like he could just bluntly say his hidden agenda and expose his real plan.

 

The other members of the popular group were already glaring at Luhan thinking he really is a monster who does not need to pretend. And the prey he wanted to eat the most is clearly their dear youngest.

 

On the other hand, the oblivious President just smiled and laughed while answering with a, "sure hyung". 

A certain dragon then looked away after glaring at the deer, and murmured, "....That little brat".

 

After freeing himself from his hyungs iron hug, Minseok went on the next matter at hand. He distributed a voting sheet while explainning what it was for.

 

"The next thing l´d like to bring to your attention is this ballot l´m handing out. It is the usual contest we hold every year during the feast. Simply write the names of the male and female student you think are the most intellegent, beautiful and outstanding in the school. The winners swill be announced on the last night of the festival at a special stage set up on the campus. The two who are chosen for first place will receive the honor to have the first dance during the fireworks show that follows after the contest and will get the notes of the number 1 student from the senior year. "

 

The classroom was noisy again with pleased comments about the reward as well as speculations as to who might win. Of course, The names of the popular members especially the presidents´ were mentioned.

The president along with Luhan and Kris then went back to their sits after the meeting waiting for the regular lessons to continue. They finished the discussion earlier though so the students had time to talk more about the festival. 

 

"Speaking of the contest , ´that thing´ will be held afterwards , won´t it", said their female classmate to her sitmate. 

Minseok who overheared the statement decided to ask out of curiosity, "that thing"?

 

The girl was so happy the president talaked to her that she turned her full body towards him that made Minseok´s fans/admirers alert. 

 

"It is the legend of the fire works we have after the festival Mr. President", she answered.

Her sit-mate then added, " According to the legend, if you kiss someone when the first firework lights up in the sky, you will be tied to that person forever".

With a confused face, the baby faced president pressed on, "Kiss?".

The girl then explained more, "Yes, a kiss. When the winning pair go up on the stage, that is when they light up the first firework."

Minseok then hummed in understanding.

"That´s right. The winning of last years Mr. and Miss. SM high kissed on stage and everyone made an uproar about it. It is rumored the two are still going strong until now." , exclaimed the girl with sparkles in her eyes.

 

Minseok thanked his classmates and deverted his attention to notes Kris wrote during the meeting. The two girls went on about who might win this time and who they wanted to kiss, whom was clearly the president. Unknown to the the three, the other famous group members were also listening to the conversation attentively and are now thinking of ways to kiss the precious bun and make their very own tale of the firework legend come true. 

 

"I should definitely make sure he is far from the stage when the winners are announced"

"Why does he have to be so in demand?"

"Maybe l could be on the stage with him, scare the others with my face and steal the kiss."

"Kissing my precious is the top priority. I wont let his lips be tainted by other filthy beings. Mine"

"If he could just fall asleep beside me before the announcement starts."