At my Best (SF pt 3)

oh Mr. President!

Authors POV

 

After spending more hours at the school with Chanyeol, the president unfortunately overslept. Now, in normal circumstances his parents, noonas and hyungs would have waken him up, but since they knew he slept late due to the delay of his arrival home, they decided to let him rest.

 

The school knew it, and his left and right hand in the council were informed about it. Later, the whole popular group were told that Minseok would be coming in late around the 3rd period. A certain boy was actually happy about it. The reason being his angel won´t see him in a very unmanly and unappealing attire which was required for the music clubs preformance during the feast.

 

Suho woke Minseok up after letting him sleep for 7 hours. He was aware of how stressful Minseoks job as class and council president is especially given his young age and lack of experince. Being born a genius of a top well privileged family their country has its burdens. Breakfast was served in bed and when the president was properly dressed and ready they drove to the school.

 

Minseok was never one to seek attention and despite appreciating the others admiration and liking on him, he doesn´t really fancy being surrounded and followed around by others. He texted his closes friends when he was near the school gates. Far from the eyes of the student body and school staff, he asked his Suho hyung to drop him in their safe spot and the older wished him luck for the feast.

 

The president couldn´t help but smile when he saw his friends already waiting for him by the gate.He noticed though that his cousin and his deer hyung were missing.

"Morning everyone", he greeted with a smile which was returned by his hyungs in a matter of seconds.

"Where are Luhan and Jongdae hyung?", he asked while they were heading to their classroom. Other students especially the girls greeted him a good mornig sprinkled with compliments about his looks and simply being awesome no matter what he does,

 

Kris took the initiative to answer , "They were both called by the musical club"

 

Minseok hummed in understanding remembering that the said club had a special presentation today. He was curious and wanted to sneak a peek at the happenings inside the club. He was about to propose his idea when suddenly his phone along with his hyungs phone rung and blinked indicating that the group chat they had, had been activated. They all took out their phone and opened the application for the message.

After opening the message, their faces changed to a shocked expression because of a certain picture the troll Chen sent. Now everyone were curious and they came to a conclusion that they needed to be where their friends are and see it for themselves live.

 

Luhans POV

 

All l have to do is preform well during our special stage today for the 1st day of feast and most importantly make sure Minseok does not see me in the lacy ruffled dress like costume.

 

Now don’t get me wrong l knew when l joined the music club that we had to were different costumes that suit the concept of our performance but that does not mean that l always like it. It would have been acceptable if l had to wear a really plain attire just not something too girly. I have a reputation as a manly man to live up to, which l also am.

 

“How will l survive today without seeing my baozi?” , l asked myself thinking of a good answer cause a day without seeing him is just misery.

 

 

Everybody get ready. We will be starting the rehearsal in a few minutes.

 

Hearing our production manager, l went to my place and noticed Chen laughing on his own while looking at his phone.

 

“And he is supposed to be my angels cousin. How?”, l asked myself again the question l have been asking myself ever since l knew the two were related.

 

Authors POV

 

Unbeknownst to Luhan, Chen was actually laughing because his cousin along with their other friends are already on their way to the auditorium. The other could not wait to see their expression after seeing Luhan on his girl like costume. He knew how the older hated it because he does not look manly in it.

 

The club members were already immersed in their rehearsal that ithere was not much reaction when the popular group of the campus made their way silently to the empty sits to watch.

 

Mr. President was focusing on the performance and he was really proud that the performance was worth a standing ovation. The voices that blended as well as the great accompaniment are all just praise worthy.  But unlike him, some of his hyungs were busy taking pictures of Luhan for blackmail purposes.

 

A certain panda-looking friend of theirs failed to contain his noise from snickering that Chen and Luhan soon landed their gaze on the group. Other students who noticed were already admiring the president and his friend’s presence.

 

In contrast to the happy and excited faces of others, Luhans´ face was just screaming of horror. Not knowing what else to do to hide his appearance from Minseok, he quickly made a run for it. The other club members yelled his name to ask where he is going but he did not even bother to stop or look back. He would rather be seen as rude that embarrass himself in front of his angel.

 

Being trained to always be prepared and protect himself and always be alert of his surroundings, Minseoks´ reflexes and speed was all it took to be able to try and catch his hyung, leaving behind his friends.

 

 The younger run as fast as he could he make sure his hyung was fine and know why he suddenly left the stage and he soon saw Luhans´ retreating back.

 

“Hyung, stop”, he yelled so that his hyung would not run away from him.

 

The call of the president only alarmed Luhan but he also couldn´t just ignore Minseok. So he decided into doing what he thought was right. He stopped.

 

His angel was panting when he reached him. He was only a few steps behind the older.

 

“Why did you suddenly ran out hyung? Are you ok?”, he asked, worry evident on his voice.

 

Luhan was actually happy that his baozi cared for him and he wanted to hug him but he had to get a hold of himself and act coldly. He could not face his beloved in such hideous and girly attire. So without turning around to face his friend, he answered.

 

“Get back inside Minseok. I am fine. Don’t worry about me”, he was about to continue going away from the younger when a hand caught his wrist to stop him.

 

Minseok wanted to answer how could his hyung asks him not to worry when there is clearly something wrong but chose to answer differently.

 

“Where are you going then? The rehearsal is not yet done.”

 

Without even bothering to answer the youngers’ question, he placed his hand above the soft hand of his angel and slipped the hand away from his wrist.

 

“I have to go”, was Luhans last words before finally running away again.

 

Mr. President was not sure what really happened. Never had his hyung acted so indifferent towards him almost as if the older was mad or wanted to avoid him. He tried to remember if he did something wrong against his friend but could not come with any.

 

“Did l do something wrong? What happened? Why are you avoiding me hyung?”, he asked himself.

 

While Minseok was immersed in asking himself the question that are related to his deer looking hyung, a few of his friends were looking at him worriedly after seeing his crestfallen face and how Luhan brushed him off.  

 

Even if there are a lot of questions floating what happened, one thing is certain though, Luhan has to face a few angry and unhappy guys because of what he did.