Winter Plans

To The Top!

Minah pulled out her bass guitar from the box and put it on a stand in the corner. She stood back and looked at it for a while.

Anna stood next to her. “Do you play?”

Minah nodded “I learned to impress this guy I knew”

Anna laughed “Oh yeah, and how did that work out”

“He became my boyfriend” Minah climbed up to her bed.

“No way”

Minah began to dose off. “Way…”

“Well are you still dating him?” Anna asked but there was no reply. “Hey Minah! Are you?” Anna got up and looked up at Minah. She was fast asleep. “Never mind then”

 

“So do you have any plans for winter break?” L.joe asked.

“I was going to go with my parents on a ski trip but they won two cruise tickets on a radio show so I’m probably just going to stay here.” Minah replied.

“Rough”

“It’s no problem really. This way I can get in some more practice before the season starts.”

“Well you can always come spend Christmas at my house” L.joe suggested

“Thanks for offering but no, I don't like to be a burden. Besides I do really need to practice”

“Yeah I need to practice too now that I think about it. I guess I’ll have to stay here during break too.”

“L.Joe you don’t have to do that. I’ll be fine by myself.”

“What, I seriously need to practice. Plus Christmas is no fun at my house, my parents get me the same thing every year it’s honestly a drag.”

Minah laughed “Are you sure?”

L.Joe wrapped his arm around Minah “It’s gonna be fun! Just imagine the two of us as the only people on campus, nobody around to tell us what to do.”

Minah was ecstatic; she wouldn’t have to be alone on Christmas anymore.

 

Minah and L.joe were the first ones to arrive at lunch. L.Joe noticed Minah wasn’t eating her food. “What’s the matter Minah?”

“It looks...questionable”

“It’s fine, here look” L.Joe took a big bite of the meat on her plate. “See not poisonous at all”

Minah pouted “What type of meat is this anyway?”

“Just eat it” L.joe shoved a piece into .

Minah chewed for a while and swallowed. “That was actually not that bad”

“See I told you”

Chunji and Niel sat down in front of them. “Were we interrupting something?” Chunji joked.

“Are you guys doing anything fun over the break?” Niel asked.

L.Joe didn’t want Niel to know about his and Minah’s plans but before he could stop her Minah spoke up. “Oh L.Joe and I are staying here at school”

Ahhh too late!

“Really? That sounds like fun. Count me in” Niel boldly stated.

L.Joe smiled as if nothing was wrong.

“Oh you don’t have to if you already had plans” Minah said before taking another bite of her gelatinous meat.

“Another year of caroling and knitting sweaters with mom, I don’t think so. I’d much rather have our own fun here” Niel repented.

“Did I hear fun?” Ricky asked.

Oh no, not him too! L.joe thought.

“L.Joe, Minah and I are staying here for winter break”

“Ooh count me in!” Ricky grinned.

“And me too” Changjo added.

“Alright sounds good, how about you Chunji are you staying?” Niel asked.

“I would if I could, but my mom said her only Christmas wish was to see me”

“Aw that’s sweet” Niel petted his head and Chunji swatted his hand away.

“Guess that just leaves Cap” Ricky pointed out.

“Sorry guys but I already got plans”

L.Joe tried to plaster a smile. He was really looking forward to spending the weekend alone with Minah.

Minah nudged him on the shoulder “Not such a lonely Christmas after all”

L.Joe’s frown grew into a smile. At least he would be spending Christmas with Minah.

“Hey what kind of meat is this anyway?” Ricky complained.

 

“I want to stay too” Sue said. Minah was holding her legs while Sue did sit ups.

“Really”

“Yeah it sounds like fun” Sue went down and came back up “besides, there Is no way I’m leaving you alone with four guys for a whole weekend.”

“Alright ladies switch!” Coach Roseau yelled.

Minah moved into position to start her sit ups. “Maybe we can go all out. Have ourselves a legit Christmas with a tree and everything”

“Yeah of course. But I don’t know if I have enough money to buy everyone a present”

“Maybe we can have a secret Santa, that way we only have to buy one gift each”

“Alright sounds good to me”

“Ladies! Less talking more sit ups!” Coach yelled.

“Yes coach!!!”