(장 스물) Chapter Twenty

Modern Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Luhan]

"It is! Sometimes you act like you like me but sometimes you don't. It's really confusing."- Chorong. What is she saying? I what?

"Just stay by my side always." That's the only thing she needs to do.

"Wae?!" I shouldn't tell her. Ugh... She's starting to annoy me. Why does she ask so many questions?

"Just because!" I accidentally shouted at her. Mianhe. I feel bad. I should've just told her. She's misinterpreting everything. I was about to leave but she started talking and I want to listen to what she will say.

"Luhan! I really need to go home. The more I stay here, the more I stay with you makes it harder for me to get back. I'm starting to like you. I like you." She likes me? This isn't what I want. I'll just break her heart. This is not I wished for. This is out of my plan. This shouldn't happen. She looks like she will not easily fall for someone. It's only been a week. Besides, I've been treating her badly. She can't like me. She shouldn't. She deserves better.

"I'll just buy us some food." I left her sitting at the park. I said I'll buy us food but I think I should go somewhere else first. I can't just go back with food and pretend everything's alright.

Do I really act like I like her? But, I'm just taking care of her, right? She's from hundreds of years ago so she needs me. No one knows her secret except me. So that's why.... Ahh... I'm getting confused too. I'm just thinking nonsense.

I went to a bookstore to find the book earlier. It should be here somewhere. I went to the Fiction section but can't find the book there. Why is it not here? Did that really came true? How is that possible? I went to the Historical section and I did find it there. I should buy this for her. It seems that she really wants to read it.  It's my apology for using her. I'll just tell her the truth before giving this to her. The earlier she knows, the better. 

I was on my way to the counter but one book caught my attention. How to know if you like someone? Long title. It's one of the best selling books. Who would read this kind of stuff? Because of curiosity, I opened the book and read. Page 3, first sign. It made me chuckle when I saw it was long. I thought it will be just a list. I didn't expect it to have explanations and examples.

"First sign: Denial" Denial? What kind of sign is that? That's just normal if you don't like someone. Before I could read further, I had a feeling that someone is standing behind me.

"Sir." A person with a deep voice behind me called. I looked at him and recognized him so I ran. He chased after me. I was about to exit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter