Airport

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• CHAERIN •

 

The next morning, I dragged my suitcase downstairs and out to the taxi I'd called to take me to airport. I threw the suitcase in the trunk and sauntered back inside to say my goodbyes. Dara was in her room, still asleep. I wished I could go in and at least say goodbye, but I knew she didn't want me too.

 

"Bye, CL." sam says, meeting me with a friendly hug which somehow surprised me. "She still loves you, so don't think she doesn't." He tells me, referring to dara.

 

I nod and pull out of the hug, blinking back tears. "Yeah. When she wakes up, tell her I'll miss her. A lot."

 

sam nods as bom unnie and Aunt appear, Aunt Su-hyun running up to hug me.

 

"Have a safe trip, chae."

 

"I will." I assure her.

 

"Don't lose touch." bom says, giving me a quick hug.

 

"I won't." I flash them all a weak smile. "I should get going. Wouldn't want to miss my plane."

 

They all nod and wave as I make my way outside towards the taxi. My heart suddenly felt empty. I was walking away from the one thing I loved. The one thing that made me feel happy. The one girl that changed my life.

 

• DARA •

 

I sat on my windowsill, watching as chaerin slid into the car seat of her taxi. I got to admit it, I will miss her. I will miss her so much. I can't even explain it. chaerin was always there for me and I was always there for her. I've never loved anyone as much as I loved her. sHe pretty much changed my life. I don't think I could live without her. sHe's the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with.

 

I automatically stand up, wiping away tears that had somehow appeared in my eyes. The girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

 

Everything just kinda hit me then. The fact that I've been too caught up in my own life that I was just absentmindedly pushing her away. The fact that all she ever did was love me like she should and all I did was let her leave without even saying goodbye.

 

sHe was the girl I loved. The only girl I'll ever love. Without her, life has no meaning. If I'm going to get through everything going on right now, I'll be needing her by my side. I'll always be needing her. chaerin...

 

I didn't think. Heck, I didn't have time to think. I instantly began to run, out of my room and downstairs, knocking into sam pm my way.

 

"dara?" He questions, surprised.

 

"You're-" He begins to say but I cut him off.

 

"Drive me to the airport." I order. "Now." sam's eyes are wide. "What? Why-"

 

"Please!" I beg, becoming desperate. I had to make it there before chaerin's plane left.

 

"Ok, ok." sam says, giving in. I dash outside as sam grabs the car keys without even asking if he can borrow the car.

 

We jump into his mother's Civic and sam starts the engine.

 

"Why now?" He asks as he pulls out of the driveway. "Why does realization have to hit you now?"

 

I run a hand through my hair and sigh. "I don't know. I was being stupid and selfish. I'm nothing without chaerin."

 

I feel sam look at me. "What if we don't make it?"

 

I bite my lip. "We will."

 

He sighs. "Well, if we don't, you won't be able to call her and tell her you changed your mind. You're going to sound bipolar."

 

I shake my head and lean my forehead against the cold window. "We're going to make it. We have too."

 

• • •

 

About twenty-five minutes later, we arrive at the airport. I'm already out of the car and running towards the doors before sam can even stop the engine.

 

"chaerin!" I call once inside. "chaerin!" People stare at me as if I'm crazy but I ignore them, my eyes only focused on looking for the beautiful blond girl that means everything to me.

 

"Excuse me? Sweetheart?" A nice voice questions, a hand falling onto my shoulder. "Is there something I can help you with?"

 

"Yea," I nod desperately. "What's the plane that leaves for seoul?"

 

The lady glances down at her wrist watch. "Sweetie, the plane leaves in five minutes-"

 

I don't let her finish. I make a dash down the airport halls, my eyes falling on every passing girls. None of them were chaerin.

 

"chaerin!" Tears were beginning to form in my eyes. I was too late. sam was right. I didn't make it in time. "chae..."

 

I run a hand through my brown hair and slow down. I was too late...

 

"Dara?"

 

My head snaps up. Across the hall, a very familiar girl stood from a chair and began walking towards me.

 

A gasp escapes my lips. "chaerin!" I run to her, wanting to hug and kiss and apologize but she stops me, a surprised look not leaving her gorgeous face.

 

"chae, I'm so sorry!" I begin to apologize. "I didn't mean to push you away. I was being selfish and putting my problems first and not letting you help and chaerin, I'm really, really sorry. I love you. I need you. Just, just don't leave me-"

 

"dara." A small chuckle escapes her lips and she tucks a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. "I have to admit you took me by surprise." sHe kinda smiles. "But dara, I'd never leave you. Only of you asked me too. Otherwise, I'll always be here."

 

I smile and she wipes away my tears with her pudong fingers.

 

"Always." sHe promises.

 

"I'm sorry." I whisper again.

 

"Don't be." her hands hold my waist and she pulls me close, her lips leaning down to meet mine. sHe kisses me slowly and passionately. Oh, how I'd missed the feeling of her lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around her neck and held her to me, feeling happy for the first time in a long time.