Happy

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• CHAERIN •

 

I'm awoken by the sound of someone knocking on the bedroom door. I'm instantly up and gently shaking Dara who's still fast asleep beside me.

 

"dara?" I whisper. "dara, wake up!" Her eyelids blink open and she yawns, smiling at the sight of me. "Goodmorning."

 

I suddenly forget why I'd woken her up, reaching over and giving her a soft kiss on her lips. "Goodmorning."

 

All the sudden, someone knocks on the door again, flashing me back into reality. "Should I-" I begin to say.

 

"Hide!" dara squeals, pushing me off the bed. I lay down beside the bed, out of view as I hear the door creak open.

 

"dara?" It's her Aunt's voice. "Are you up?"

 

"Mm," I hear dara moan groggily. "Yeah."

 

"Good," Her Aunt says. "There are some empty boxes out in the hall. Can you start packing your stuff? Our flight is set for tomorrow night." I squeeze my eyes shut, not letting any tears escape. No matter what, I didn't want dara to leave.

 

"K, Aunt . I'll get right on it." dara tells her.

 

"Oh," Her Aunt blurts. "Tell your girlfriend that there's no need to hide. I heard her come in last night."

 

"Omo." I mutter beneath my breath as I slowly get off the floor, flopping down on dara's bed and nervously running a hand through my hair.

 

"Hey, Ms.Park."

 

Aunt smirks. "Goodmorning, chaerin. Mind helping dara pack? How nice." She flashes me a smile and exits the room, closing the door behind her.

 

dara bites back a giggle. "So you're going to help me pack?"

 

"Do you think I'll fit in one of those boxes?" I ask her.

 

She raises a questioning eyebrow. I shrug. "If you're leaving, I want to go with you."

 

"CL," She sighs.

 

"I know." I look down at nothing in particular. "I'll miss you."

 

dara wraps her arms around me, placing her head on my shoulder. "I'll miss you too. You can't imagine how much."

 

I turn around, absentmindly crushing my lips to hers while pinning her down on the bed. "I'll miss moments like these." I tell her as I deepen the kiss, letting my tongue slide into . She tangles her hands in my hair while holding me to her, kissing me harder.

 

Eventually I pull back, breathing hard. "Maybe you should go pack. I'll help."

 

dara simply searches my eyes and presses her lips to mine once more, starting the kiss where we had left off.

 

"dara," I moan. "Focus."

 

That was probably thing I've ever said. Why tell her to focus when I can barely think? She finally stops kissing me, her fingers caressing my face as a tear runs down her cheek. "Let's go pack." She whispers. I wipe away her tear with my thumb and roll off her, sitting up.

 

"Can you get the boxes?" She tells me. "I'll begin to gather my stuff."

 

All I do is nod and stand up, dragging myself into the hall and grabbing three boxes, taking them back into dara's room. "chaerin?" dara calls before I exit her room to go get more boxes.

 

I turn my head to look at her. "Yeah?"

 

"I love you." She blurts.

 

I smile. "I love you too."

 

• Next Day •

 

I knock on dara's door, a smile etched onto my face. I knew that today was the day she was leaving so I had until night time to spend the day with her. I wasn't going to sit around and mourn over the fact that she's leaving. No. I'm going to be with her every second until she leaves and make her happy.

 

"chaerin!" dara beams when she opens the door and throw herself into my arms. "It's 9 a.m. What are you doing here?"

 

I bring my lips to hers and give her a quick, soft kiss. "I'm here to be with you every second of today."

 

She smiles even though there's a sad look on her face. "You're too much, chae. That's why I love you."

 

She pulls away slightly and looks down at what I'm wearing. "Um, chae? Why are you wearing bikini ?"

 

I chuckle. "You'll see. Now go change into you're bikini."

 

dara tilts her head to the side and crosses her arms. "Ok. And who say I was going to wear a bikini? I have a perfectly good one-piece..."

 

"No!" I blurt but try to cover it up with a cough.

 

"Um, sure. That's, uh, cool."

 

She rolls her eyes and leans into me. "I was only kidding." She whispers, kissing my cheek.

 

"Havent you seen my in a bikini endless amounts of times?"

 

I shrug. "Never gets old."

 

"You're such a Aishh!" She slaps my shoulder and laughs.

 

"I know." I chuckle. "Go change. I'll be waiting." dara gives me another quick kiss before skipping into her house and disappearing, shutting the door behind her.

 

I lean against the side of her porch and wait. I try to think of anything except the fact that dara's leaving tonight. I still haven't been able to accept the thought. I don't want her to leave. Waiting a whole year for her to graduate seems impossible. I simply just can't wait. I need her by my side forever.

 

"Done!" dara'svoice chirps as she appears, clad in a cropped black top (that covered her bikini top), and her purple bikini bottom. I bite my bottom lip. I may have seen her like that a thousand times but I always seem to forget to breath.

 

"What are you looking at?" She flutters her lashes teasingly.

 

I blink a few times. "Uhh..." dara laughs and reaches over, cupping my face in her hands and kissing my deeply. "Breathe."

 

She whispers against my lips. I moan, not succeeding. I was still absolutely breathless.

 

"I love it when you're breathless." She tells me, kissing my slightly harder before pulling away.

 

"Now, c'mon. Where are we going?" I head over and pry open the passenger door to my mother's silver Lexus, grinning cockily as I motion for dara to get in.

 

Once she's inside, I close the door and make my way around to the driver's seat.

 

"So," I say, jumping in and starting the ignition.

 

"Are you afraid of heights?"

 

• DARA •

 

Chaerin has taken me to some waterpark. I was dazzled. I haven't been to one in ages and just being with chaerin made me feel bliss.

 

But when she dragged me up to the highest slide in the park, it all turned to fear. Maybe I was a little afraid of heights after all.

 

"Don't let go of the lifesaver." A lifeguard with tousled brown hair and sunglasses informed the girl that was about to slide down. She nodded and the lifeguard pushed her, her and her lifesavers disappearing down the dark slide. I could hear her screams the entire way.

 

"chaerin, there's no way I'm sliding down this monster!" I whisper-scream, huddling closer to her. "What if I fall off?!"

 

"You won't fall off." chaerin assures. "Just hold on and you should be fine."

 

"Should?" sHe only shrugs, draping an arm around me.

 

"What if I go with you? Will you be less scared?"

 

"No."

 

"Will you still go?"

 

"I don't know."

 

"dara," sHe pouts and leans down, kissing my nose. "I've said so a million times. You're safe with me."

 

I heave a sigh. "You're right."

 

"So?"

 

"Next!" The lifeguard calls.

 

I look at chaerin, still kinda terrified. "CL!" I squeal.

 

"C'mon." Chaerin chuckles and flops down on the lifesaver, motioning me over. "Hurry, wifey."

 

I feel myself blush as I walk over and take a seat in front of her, my back against herchest.

 

"What if we fall out?" I ask her.

 

"Doubt it."

 

"What if-" I'm cut off when the lifeguard gives our lifesaver a push. I begin to scream the minute we're surrounded by darkness.

 

"This is awesome!" chaerin yells and it echos all around us. I stop screaming, placing my hand on her and holding on tight.

 

"chaerin!" I hear myself shriek. sHe only laughs and I can feel her warm breath on my ear. I find myself somehow enjoying this. I like the rush. I like the fact that chaerin's with me. I just like it.

 

We finally make it out of the tunnel, the lifesaver flipping over once we hit the pool. chaerin and I surface, both of us laughing. "That was-" chaerin begins to say. "daebak!" I finish, enthusiasm clear in my voice.

 

chaerin chuckles and takes me hand, leading me out of the water. "Let's go to the tide pool."

 

"Only if you give me a piggyback ride." I singsong, jumping onto her back without waiting for her answer.

 

"Gosh, even your petite you're so heavy." chaerin whines, but I can hear the smile in her voice.

 

I roll my eyes. sHe's enjoying this. I wrap my arms around her neck, tightening my legs around her to avoid falling off. chaerin carries me over to the tide pool, walking in about four feet before dropping me. I land on my feet, the water up to my s.

 

"When are the waves rolling in?" I ask her, glancing around. There are people floating everywhere, all of them waiting for the waves to start.

 

"I don't know..." I feel chaerin hands make their way to my back, pushing my body against her.

 

"But I think I know what we can do while we wait."

 

"And what's that?" I question, already knowing the answer.

 

chaerin her head to the side. "This." I place my arms around her neck and press my lips to her, kissing her slowly but passionately. His tongue slides into my mouth and collides with mine as she deepens the kiss. I can hear the lifeguards blow their whistles but we ignore them, too busy caught up in the moment.

 

All of the sudden, a wave hits us and we break apart, finding ourselves underwater. chaerin and I surface simutaneously. My arms are instantly crossed over my chest, my cheeks red. I had somehow lost my top when the wave hit. chaerin's eyes widen and I wonder how much she'd seen.

 

"Can you-" I begin to say. sHe nods. "Uh, yeah." sHe dives underwater and resurfaces not long after, my bikini top in her hands.

 

"Cover me." I order, doing my best to walk to the edge of the tide pool. chaerin stands behind me, covering me from prying eyes.

 

"Don't peek." I tell her. I hear her murmur something that sounded a heck lot like "Dang" but I ignore it, chuckling beneath my breath.

 

I quickly pull on my bikini top, trying to buckle it on the back but not succeeding. "chae? A little help?"

 

"Huh?" sHe turns around and I motion to the back of my bikini. sHe nods in understandment and clips on the back, twirling me around to face her once done.

 

"That was embarrasing." I mutter. "I'm starting to not like this tide pool." I chuckle, once again wrapping my arms around chaerin's neck.

 

"I don't think it's that bad. I mean..." her eyes wander down to my s.

 

I gasp and slap her shoulder. "CL!" sHe chuckles, looking back up at me. "I'm kidding."

 

"Sure you were."

 

"Maybe."

 

I roll my eyes and chaerin sighs, resting her forehead against mine. "Maybe we should go. I wanted to take you out to dinner. We have three hours left."

 

I feel a tear roll down my cheek but I'm not sure if it's noticeable. "Yeah. Let's go."

 

By the look on chaerin face, I know she's getting teary-eyed as well as she leads me out of the tide pool. We grab our towels and exit the waterpark, sauntering over to the car.

 

"Where are we going now?" I ask her.

 

"You'll see."

 

"I wish today could last forever."

 

"Me too."

 

_____________________________

 

Author's Note: Well, i wrote a chaera happy moments before things get sad again. kekekeke ... I wish you're

 

H A P P Y ^.^