it's my fault

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• DARA •

 

"I'm a genius."

 

"You are." I admitted, glancing down at my after party dress. I should start letting Sam pick out my dresses from now on. I was still in shock on how beautiful this one was.

 

"Do I look ok?" sam asks, tugging at the tie around his neck.

 

I roll my eyes and reach over, ruffling his short, brown hair. "You look fine."

 

He frowns, tying to fix his now-messy hair. "Don't ever do that again."

 

I chuckle, ending it with a sigh as I flop down on one of the round seats they had here in the dressing room.

 

"You ok?" sam questions, raising an eyebrow. I shake my head, a small frown forming on my lips. "It's just..." I pause, heaving another sigh. "chaerin's not acting like herself. sHe didn't seem too excited to see me."

 

sam frowns as well, running a hand through the little bit of hair he has. "Why wouldn't she seem excited to see you? I've heard you guys talking on the phone. I've never seen to people more in love than you too."

 

I throw my hands up in frustration. "I don't know!

 

"Well, talk to her."

 

I tug at a piece of my hair as I chew on my bottom lip. "I'll try."

 

sam gives me a half-smile. "'Now c'mon. Let's get to the after party." He drapes his arm around me and leads me out the dressing room, sympathetically squeezing my shoulder in the process.

 

Honestly, I was scared to ask chaerin what was going on. What if...what if she found someone else? What if she doesn't love me anymore?

 

• CHAERIN •

 

Everyone made their way to the hotel's ballroom for the after party. I had already autographed six graduation caps and taken about four pictures before I finally got to sit down with Bom & her Aunt .

 

dara still wasn't back and I wasn't feeling any better. Seeing her earlier had just reminded me of how much I loved her and how I never wanted to lose her.

 

The pain of losing her is just unbearable. I don't think I's survive.

 

"Let's start this party with some dance music." The DJ's deep voice says over the crowd. "Let's get Menbooong . . !!"

 

I sigh and prop my elbow up on the table as 'I Feel Like Dancin'' by My Song "MTBD" begins to play. No, I don't feel like dancing, I add mentally.

 

I look towards the double doors just in time to see dara walk in. My god, she looked gorgeous. That dress fit her body perfectly and the smile on her face lit up the entire room. But then I saw the guy from earlier with his arm draped around my girlfriend. That image completely crushed me.

 

I stood up, making my way through the crowd. I can't take this. It's too much. She's cheating on me. She's-

 

"chaerin?"

 

A hand takes my wrist before I can exit the ballroom. I blink back tears and turn around to face dara. There's a puzzled look on her face. The guy was standing behind her, his arm no longer around my girl.

 

If she even is my girl anymore.

 

"What's wrong?" dara asks, stepping closer to me and taking my hand, giving it a squeeze.

 

"I'm, Uh, not feeling well." I lie, trying hard not to look her in the eye.

 

"I'll be with Haley." The guy leans in and tells dara before walking away.

 

dara purses her lips. "You were never a good liar, chaerin."

 

"I'm not lying."

 

"Yes, you are. Can we talk?"

 

"There's nothing to talk about."

 

dara let's out a frustrated groan and begins to pull me out of the ball room, leading me out of the hotel.

 

Once we're outside, she crosses her arms and throws me a questioning look. "Tell me."

 

I raise an eyebrow. "Tell you what?"

 

"Tell me why you're acting so weird!" dara practically screams. "Is it a girl? Who is she? Did you completely forget about me?"

 

I gape, not believing what I was hearing. "What?

 

A girl? dara, why would you even think that!"

 

I'm losing it. Calm down, chaerin. Hell, I can't calm down. "You're the one with your hands all over that-that guy!" I motion towards no one in particular, my face heating up.

 

"sam?!" dara stifles a laugh but I can tell she's angry. "sam's like my brother! Why would you even think I'd cheat on you? That's absurd! CL, I love you!"

 

I lean against the nearest wall, my lips curved into a small 'o'. Should I believe her? Is that sam guy only a brother to her?

 

"sam has a girlfriend." dara informs me, her voice calmer. "Well, not officially." She adds beneath her breath.

 

"Then why was he in your dressing room?" I ask her, staring down at the concrete.

 

"Because he's my best friend. My brother even though we're not related. chae, trust me. That's it." dara assures me.

 

I stay silent for a while, mentally yelling at myself. How can I be so stupid? Why would I even think she cheated on me? dara would never cheat. We're too deep in love.

 

"I'm sorry." I mutter, looking back up at her. "I was stupid to think you'd ever cheat. I shouldn't have-"

 

"But you did." A tear rolls down dara's cheek and she quickly wipes it away. "A good relationship needs trust. chaerin, if you can't trust me-"

 

"Don't say it, dara." My heart's beating too fast now. I can barely breathing. This can't be happening. It's my fault. "You're just as guilty as I am for thinking I forgot about you."

 

She shakes her head, tears beginning to spill out of her eyes. Not one, but thousands. "I don't think- We can't..." She sighs. "I think we need to a take a break. We need some time apart."

 

"No." I'm shaking my head now, blinking back my own tears. "dara, don't do this."

 

"I'm sorry, chaerin. Maybe the future will be different, but right now-"

 

"dara, please." My voice breaks.

 

"I'm sorry." She whispers. "I'm going back inside." She pauses. "You should too."

 

She throws me one last look before making her way inside, a sad look on her face. I pound my fist against the wall, tears running down my face. This is all my fault. All my fault...

 

• DARA •

 

I did what I had to do. It's just a break. Maybe...maybe things will change. But right now...I just needed a little time to think.

 

I wiped away my tears with the back of my hand, thanking god I hadn't worn eyeliner. I headed back into the ballroom, not bothering to go sit with bom unnie and Aunt . I didn't want to answer anybody's questions.

 

"dara?" It's jeff. He walks over to me, clad in a black tux with a navy blue tie. "Did you..." He runs a nervous hand through his hair. "Bring a date?"

 

I sigh. "Not anymore." I mutter.

 

He kinda smiles but I can tell he's still nervous. "Would you want to, I don't know, dance?" He holds out his hand, a hopeful look in his eyes. I take, deciding that it would be best to make the best of the time chaerin and I are taking apart.

 

"Sounds great, jeff."

 

________________________

 

Author's Note: Sorry for this sad chapter guys .. I Really don't know why I like to tease my readers kekekeke (evil laugh) I'm just trying to test my ability if I'm good to make people cry .. kekekekeke .. Mian hae ^.^