cheating??

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• CHAERIN •

 

I looked at the watch on my wrist.

 

2:07 p.m.

 

Dara's graduation started at 3. She was probably getting ready and stuff at the moment. Why not surprise her before the show?

 

I grinned to myself, staring at the big hotel in front of me where her graduation was being held. It looked pretty fancy. There were graduates already in their robes roaming the front lot of the hotel, all of them laughing loudly with big smiles etched onto their faces.

 

I started to make my way to the front doors, a big bouquet of roses in my hands and a smile written across my lips.

 

Today was a big day.

 

• DARA •

 

"You never told me this was for the after party." sam holds up the dress I'd bought yesterday.

 

I chuckle. "You actually thought I was going to wear that beneath my robe? It would make me look fat!"

 

sam laughs. "I guess I just didn't think it through."

 

I roll my eyes and change the subject. "Can you turn around for a sec? I need to change my bra."

 

"Why? Will the one you're wearing now be visible through your white shirt?" He jokes. I frown. "Yes! Turn!" I motion for him to look away and he does as told, laughing softly beneath his breath.

 

I hurry up and pull off my current bra, slipping on a white one and struggling to clip it on on the back.

 

"sam? I think I need your help." I mumble, not able to clip on my bra.

 

sam laughs and turns around, swiftly clipping on my bra. "If Haley sees this, she's going to kill me."

 

"Haley? Your lab partner? The one that came over the other day to work on your chemistry project?" I make sure to add air quotes around 'chemistry project'.

 

sam shifts awkwardly. "Yeah, her..." He fakes a cough. "Remember when I told you I was going over to Ethan's?" sam says, referring to his best friend.

 

I nod. "Yeah. What about it?"

 

A nervous smile forms on sam's face. "I was really going over to Haley's, ya know. To work on the project? I only said I was going to Ethan's because, well, my mother would never let me go over to a girl's house at night..."

 

I make a motion with my hands telling him to just get to the point.

 

He chuckles slightly. "We worked on the project. For a while. Then we...kissed." Both my eyebrows automatically raise, my jaw dropping.

 

"But that's it." sam blurts. "We kissed and went back to working on the project and...and then I asked her out to dinner and, well, we're going to dinner tonight."

 

"sam!" I squeal. "That's great!" I absentmindedly throw my arms around him, not caring that I was only in a bra and a jean skirt.

 

The whole time I was unaware of a door opening and closing.

 

• CHAERIN •

 

"Ms.park!" I called, waving my free hand in the air as I approached dara's Aunt who was chatting excitedly with some lady I didn't recognize.

 

"chaerin!" Aunt grinned when she spotted me, wrapping me in a hug the minute I approached her. "I'm so glad you could make it!"

 

I hugged her back, trying not to hurt the roses. "Wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm keep my promises." I smile, pulling away.

 

Aunt stares down at the bouquet in my hands, her lips forming a small 'o'. "dara's going to be so happy! She's been worrying that you might not come, ya know. Since you haven't called."

 

I chuckle. "I wanted to surprise her. That's why I didn't call."

 

"She'll be so happy to see you." Aunt tells me with a smile.

 

"Do you know where I can find her?" I question, glancing around the hotel's auditorium. Fancy, expensive hotel indeed.

 

"She should be backstage," Aunt informs me. "In the dressing room getting ready. I think her room is room 17. I'm pretty sure."

 

I nod. "Thanks." I grin, throwing her a small wave before turning away and heading backstage. I looked around for room 17, my grin becoming wider when I finally spotted it. I quickly walked over it, my hand curling around the doorknob. I stopped myself. What if she was changing? I don't think she'd appreciate me just barging in and seeing her-

 

"-we're going to dinner tonight." A voice, not dara's, says from the other side of the door. I come closer, listening.

 

"sam! That's great!" A girl, definitely dara, squeals.

 

I purse my lips and open the door just a peek, my eyes widening at the sight. dara's there...in her bra and a short, jean skirt...with her arms around a guy.

 

A knot forms in my stomach as I softly close the door, leaning against it.

 

Who was that guy? Why was dara hugging him? Why the hell was he in her dressing room?

 

My fist clenched around the roses. She wasn't cheating on me, was she?

 

She cant be. No way. No.

 

I start to make my way back out to the auditorium, the image of dara with her arms around some mystery guy still fresh in my mind. I felt uneasy. Betrayed.

 

She looked pretty close to that guy. She's never even let me see her in a bra before yet she let's some guy see her?

 

I slowly shake my head, blinking back tears. She can't be cheating on me...

 

"Did you see her?" Aunt approaches me, cocking her head to the side. "Are you ok?"

 

"Huh?" I nod slowly. "Yeah... I'm fine. I just decided to give her these after the show." I lie, referring to the roses.

 

Aunt nods too, believing me. "Ok, sweetheart. Come take a seat. The ceremony starts in twenty."

 

I follow her to a front row seat, sitting down beside her, the roses in her lap.

 

The knot in my stomach hadn't left. It was still there, mocking me.

 

She would never cheat on me.

 

Would she?

 

• DARA •

 

"Is this your cap?" I chuck sam a black cap that went along with his robe. It had to belong to him. I already had mine on.

 

"Yep." sam places it on his head. "Makes me look charming, huh?" He winks.

 

I roll my eyes and begin to lead him out of the dressing room. "Haley will drool." I . He chuckles and gently slap my arm. "Don't tease me."

 

"It's fun."

 

He fakes a frown, nudging me. "I hate you."

 

"Love you too." I joke.

 

He makes a face. "Hm Hm Hm."

 

"sam!" Haley runs up to us, a big grin on her face and her blonde curls bouncing on her shoulders. "Are we still up for tonight?" She blushes as she asks him, shyly twirling a piece of her hair around her index finger.

 

I playfully nudge him which be returns.

 

"Of course." He confirms, flashing Haley a smile. She giggles. "Great. See ya later, sam. Good luck!" She waves and skips off, leaving us alone besides a few lingering graduates, mostly girls.

 

"Did you see her?" I head a redhead whisper to blonde friend a few feet away.

 

I don't pay attention until I hear her name. "Yes. I can't believe THE Baddest Female CL is actually at our graduation!" The blonde squeals.

 

"Wonder why She's here..." I tune out, turning to sam, a smile on my face.

 

"sHe's here! sam, she didn't forget!" I exclaim, butterflies rising in my stomach.

 

"I told you." sam says matter-of-factly.

 

"Yeah, you did." I admit, smiling to myself at the thought of seeing chaerin again.

 

"I'm awesome."

 

"Sure you are, sam."