Lie ??

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• CHAERIN •

 

I spin around in my rolling chair trying to get my mind off Dara. It all seemed like it was over as quickly as it had begun.

 

But...

 

I love her. I'll never let her go. I needed her in my life. She's what gives me the stength to carry on. She's the girl of my dreams. She's the girl I hope to marry someday.

 

She's my everything. My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the doorbell ringing.

 

"chaerin!" My mother's voice yells. "Can you get that? I'm in the shower!"

 

I groan and stand up, stumbling my way downstairs. Who the hell was it? I wasn't in the mood to-

 

I pry open the door.

 

"dara?" I blurt.

 

She stares at me for a second and then bursts into tears, throwing herself into my arms.

 

"dara, are you ok?" I ask her, hugging her back.

 

She heaves a sob. "I-I need you, chae."

 

I smile, resting my head on hers. "I need you too."

 

dara sniffles and pulls me outside, collapsing on my porch's floor, me beside her.

 

She lays down, her head on my lap. "My mother was ." She utters, barely audible.

 

My eyes widen and I look down at her. "What?" Tears start forming in her eyes once again. "She was by her own father!" dara cries. "My grandfather IS my father! My mom is my sister..." She starts shaking her head back and forth while crying. "And bom unnie was possibly adopted!"

 

"dara, dara. Calm down." I tell her, pulling her up in a sitting position and cupping her face in my hands. "Forget the past. You have me. You'll always have me."

 

She tries to smile as she places her forehead to mine. "I don't know what to believe anymore. What it's a lie, chae? What if my Aunt lied? It just doesn't seem possible..."

 

I search her eyes. "I know. But I doubt your Aunt lied." I pause. "But it's possible she was lied too."

 

dara crinkled her forehead. "It's possible. But...but I don't know who to go to for answers. My mom's dead. My father..." Her voice fades. "Or who I thought was my father, he's dead! My grandparents are dead! chaerin, I have no one!"

 

"dara, forget about all of this. Looks at the facts. The possibility that you're your grandfather's daughter is very slim. You couldn't have turned out this perfect if it were true." I give a reassuring smile.

 

She smiles back at me through her tears. "chae, I'm not perfect."

 

"To me you're every inch of perfect." I tell her. She blushes. "chaerin?" "Yeah?"

 

"I..." She searches my eyes, her hand on my cheek. "Saranghaeyo ." My heart races wildly at the sound of those words. There wasn't even a maybe in those words.

 

She loved me. She really loved me. "Nado Saranghaeyo ." I grin, leaning in and crushing her lips with mine.

 

She kisses me back, wrapping her arm around my neck and pulling me closer. I deepen the kiss, holding her against me.

 

"Don't ever scare me like that again." I tell against her lips.

 

"Mm," She moans. "Like what?"

 

"I thought you were leaving me for good."

 

"I could never leave you. I regret even thinking about it."

 

"Good." I smile and keep kissing her, not letting her go for a single second.

 

// 2 Months Later //

 

• DARA •

 

"CANNON BALL!!!" Charin breaks into a run and cannon balls into my pool, water splashing everywhere.

 

I throw my head back and laugh as she climbs back out of the pool, shaking her wet hair out of her eyes. I climb out after her, wrapping my arm around her neck.

 

"Dork." I giggle, slowly inching towards her lips. sHe grins and leans in as well, her fingers curled around mine.

 

Before her lips can touch mine, I push her back, letting her splash back into the pool.

 

To my disappointment, her hand was still holding mine, causing me to fall in after her. I claw my way back to the surface, gasping for air. chaerin floating beside me, an amused look on her face.

 

"Who's the dork now?" sHe smirks. I frown. "Still you."

 

"Touchè."

 

I roll my eyes and link my arms back around her neck, wrapping my legs around her waist. "So are you going to kiss me or drown me?" sHe chuckles.

 

"Both." I throw her a mischiveous smile as I bring my lips to her, dragging her underwater. her lips are extra soft against mine. I try to deepen the kiss but fail, water filling my mouth. We both surface, water sputtering out as we burst out in laughter.

 

"That didn't work out too well." chaerin points out.

 

I scoff. "Not at all."

 

"But..." chaerin just smiles and crushes my wet lips with her , kissing me deeply and passionately. "This does." sHe finishes, followed by more kissing.

 

"You get some, CL." Bom unnie voice interrupts. chaerin chuckles against my lips but doesn't pull away. "I am." sHe murmurs.

 

"What's she doing here?" It's dongwook oppa now. "sHe's been here for the past two months." chaerin and I break apart and I jump onto her back, piggyback-style.

 

"Nice to see you too." chaerin scoffs. dongwook makes a face and takes a seat on one of the lawn chairs.

 

"Be nice, oppa." taeyeon smirks, appearing and climbing into the 3ft section of the pool. bom unnie makes a perfect dive and surfaces beside chaerin and I. "You guys are literally inseperable."

 

"That's a good thing." chaerin says, smiling.

 

I rest my head on her bare shoulder. "Yup."

 

"Lovebirds." bom unnie singsongs and swims to the other end of the pool.

 

"Did you come here for the pool or for a tan?" I ask dongwook oppa who's still sulking on the lawn chair.

 

He rolls his eyes but doesn't respond, pulling out his cellphone and texting hell-knows-who. "He's a douche." chaerin blurts.

 

I frown and slap her shoulder. "CL!"

 

sHe shrugs innocently. "It's true."

 

"You kids want some lemonade?" Aunt asks, appearing by the glass door.

 

"No thanks." bom unnie tells her.

 

"Maybe later." taeyeon tunes in.

 

dongwook oppa adds: "I'll take a glass."

 

"Me too!" I chirp.

 

"Same." chaerin says and begins to lead me out of the pool. We both climb out, grabbing a towel off a lawn chair.

 

"Can I shower here?" sHe asks me as she drys herself off.

 

"You usually do." I tell her.

 

sHe raises an eyebrow. "Can you shower with me?"

 

I gasp and smack her stomach.

 

sHe pouts. "Ow. I was only joking."

 

I frown. "I didn't find it funny." I snap. sHe pouts again but gives me a quick kiss on my top lip. That's all it took for me to forgive and forget her comment.

 

"Lemonades?" Aunt hands dongwook oppa his glass and comes over to give me and chaerin ours. She gives me a look that almost looked sympathetic. I shrug it off and start to chug down my lemonade.

 

"Gosh." chaerin chuckles, chugging her down as well.

 

We both finish, placing the cups down on the lawn chair.

 

"You can shower in my Aunt's room," I tell her as I lead her inside and upstairs and points her the direction of Aunt room. "There should be clean towels hanging in there." chaerin nods. "Gotcha."

 

sHe gives me another kiss before disappearing into my Aunt room. I giggle and head into the hallway's bathroom. I swear, I fall in more in love with her everyday.

 

• • •

 

I step out of the bathroom, clad in a pair of short jean shorts and a black spagetti-strap top. chaerin's waiting in the hall wearing the outfit she'd arrived in: a pair of jeans and a white t- shirt. There's a puzzled expression on her face as I approach her.

 

"What's up?" I question.

 

"What's with the boxes in your Aunt's room?" sHe asks me. I frown, unaware of any boxes. "molla ." sHe seemed a little troubled at first but she shrugged it off, slugging her arm over my shoulder.

 

_______________________

 

Author's Note: I just HAD to make months pass. Had nothing to put in between. There are still some secrets to be revealed. Do you think chaerin has a point when she said someone couldve lied to Aunt ?