i trust you

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• DARA •

 

"Where too?" Chaerin asks me, driving to nowhere in perticular. I sit nervously on the passenger seat, glancing around and hoping a police car won't stop us for any reason.

 

"Uh," I go through an a list of restraunts in my head. "Pancake house, ?"

 

"Got it." chaerin turns the car onto some other street. We don't talk the entire way. Mainly because I'm too occupied looking out for police cars to start up a normal conversation.

 

"You ok, dara?" chaerin questions as she pulls into the driveway at Pancake house.

 

"I will be when you get your license." I frown, scurrying out of the car.

 

chaerin chuckles and locks the car, leading me into the Pancake House. "I don't think my mother's going to trust me much after stealing her car."

 

"Why didn't you just ask Jeff to drive you?"

 

"He had just left and I really didn't feel like waiting." chaerin tells me. "Besides, why bother him?"

 

"You're changing, chae." I say, taking her hand as we wait in line for the cashier to assign us our seats.

 

"Thanks to you, dara." sHe smiles.

 

• • •

 

"What can I get you?" A waitress appears. She's tall and seeming to be in early twenties. Her beach-blonde hair is in a high ponytail and her smile makes MY cheeks hurt.

 

"I'll have two pancakes with hashbrowns and scrabbled eggs." chaerin orders, still staring down her menu. "And sausages." sHe looks back up and waits for me to order.

 

I chew on my lip while looking over the menu. "I'll just have two pancakes as well and hasbrowns. No eggs, but I will take sausages." I pause. "And biscuit."

 

The waitress, Seohyun (according to her name tag) nods. "Your order should be here in ten minutes or less." She tells us before taking our menus and bouncing away.

 

"Annyeong unnie." A young girl appears. She looks like she's 6, maybe 7. Her hair's red and up in two pigtails. There's a sprinkle of freckles across her nose and her eyes stare shyly at chaerin.

 

"Are you chaerin unnie?" She asks chaerin, her cheeks becoming rosey.

 

chaerin back at her. "Nae, Sweetheart."

 

"I'm hyorin." She tells her. "Can I take a picture of you? I'm a big fan." She twirls a camera around her fingers nervously.

 

"Of course." chaerin grins. I giggle, curiously watching chaerin interact with the girl, hyorin.

 

hyorin holds up her camera, ready to snap a picture.

 

"Hold on." chaerin interrupts. "You should be in the picture." chaerin says, taking the girl's small hand and sitting her down on her lap. She blushes as chaerin takes her camera and holds it above them.

 

"Smile." chaerin tells her. They both smile and chaerin snaps the picture. "Here you go, Sweetheart." chaerin hands hyorin back her camera. hyorin jumps off from chaerin's lap, looking blissful. She looks curiously in my direction, still smiling.

 

"Is she your girlfriend?" She asks chaerin.

 

chaerin nods. "Yeah. Isn't she beautiful?" I blush at the sound of 'girlfriend'. Does this make everything official? I guess it does.

 

"Nae." hyorin grins.

 

"Take a picture of us." chaerin says, leaning into me, her cheek pressed to mine.

 

hyorin's grin get's bigger as she holds up her camera and snaps a pic of us.

 

" Gomawo unnie!" She chirps.

 

"Nice meeting you!" chaerin and I both say simutaneously as hyorin hops away towards her parents at the other end of the restraunt.

 

"That was nice of you, chae." I observe, smiling up at here.

 

"Yeah, that was nice of you, chaerin." A different voice smirks. chaerin's face pales.

 

"What are you doing here?" chaerin grits, staring up at kwon Yuri who seemed to have magically appeared out of thin air. I recognize her from the girl who had done the interview in the talk show , saying chaerin was only a player and blah blah blah.

 

"I see you've got a new toy." Yuri smirks in my direction. "I feel bad for you, honey. You're just going to be another addition to her jar of hearts."

 

chaerin stands up, her face red. "Leave her alone, Yuri. She's different. I could never hurt her."

 

Yuri throws her head back and laughs. "And how many times have you said THAT about a girl, eh, chaerin ? How many time have you told a girl you loved her but in the end it's all just a game?" Yuri takes a step closer to chaerin. "Not only are you a player, CL, you're a liar. No wonder tiffany broke up with you." She pauses. "Or maybe you played her too. Maybe you relationship was fake to begin with." Yuri snickers and turns around, strutting away and disappearing.

 

I look down to see chaerin's hands clenched and stiff.

 

"Hey?" I tug in her shirt. "Don't listen to her. She's the liar."

 

chaerin slowly shakes her head and breaks into a run, exiting the restraunt.

 

"CL!" I stand up and run after her, finding her sitting inside her mother's Lexus, her head against the wheel. I slip into the passenger seat, throwing her a sympathetic look as I rest my hand on her shoulder.

 

"Are you ok? chae, what's wrong?" I ask her. "Talk to me."

 

sHe looks up and notice a tear slip down her face. I reach over and wipe it away with my thumb.

 

"I'm sick of her." sHe mumbles. "I never thought she was serious when she said she was going to get revenge. But she's right. After Tiffany broke up with me, I've hurt so many girls. I never thought about it at first, but now I feel horrible." Another tear escapes her eye. "I don't want to hurt you, dara."

 

I half-smile, leaning closer to her. "You could never hurt me, chaerin. I trust you with my heart."

 

sHe smiles and cups my face in her hands, giving me a gentle kiss on the lips. "I trust you with my life."

 

_____________

 

Author's Note: Not the most interesting chapter in the story but after this one, things will get better (*^﹏^*) I have goal to make this more than 30 chapter... Will I suceed? Hope so!!! haha .. thank you guys for reading my story .. i love you all .. fighting └(^o^)┘