Back Together

Hazy

 

                The park was filled with beautiful green grasses and blue shades from the river not too far away. Everyone seemed to be happy and carefree as they played along with their children, everyone except the four adults all near the benches standing in an awkward air. I was sitting down on a bench trying to collect my thoughts until a baby came over screaming with joy. My mind had a vision prior to arrival that I wanted to confirm, and now that another man came running after her, my flashback had to have been real.

                What I saw was myself holding a pistol in my hands, scared to shot the two men lying in bed before me. One was my boyfriend at the time Luhan, and the other was violently him. I could feel my adrenaline rushing in my veins and without any thought or care, I aimed for that man hurting the person I loved. The bullet that fired out of the pistol almost missed the man completely, but it grazed his head enough to knock him down and begin to bleed everywhere. Luhan started to scream for me to run, but that’s all I can remember.

                I don’t recall ever shooting someone in the head, but then again I don’t even remember being in love with Chanyeol. This baby completely disrupted my thought process so maybe I was just imaging it all. Just that scar on the man’s head will keep me wondering if it is true or not. Chanyeol tapped my shoulder with wide eyes waiting for me to speak, shaking me out of my trance.

“Did you say something,” I spoke standing up on my healthy foot.

“Yeah, I said ‘hi’,” Luhan said with a bit of an attitude.

                Before I could answer Luhan, a sharp pain began to burn all over my head, as if I had just impacted with the ground like I did the night of my fall. The pain was so strong that it made me sick to my stomach and I felt as if I were about to throw up everywhere. Thankfully there was a garbage can right next to the bench I sat on. Without hurting my broken leg, I jumped up and leaned over it, letting vomit fill its bag. Chanyeol ran over to me and began to rub my back, while I could here Minseok running after his daughter who darted away.

“Baby are you okay,” Chanyeol asked leaning towards me. “What’s wrong?”

“My head hurts so bad, Chanyeol… I need to lie down…”

“Okay. We’ll head back to the hotel. Can you wait long enough for us to drive back?”

“No I need to lie down now,” I said before more vomit cut me off.

“Chanyeol, my house is just across the street. How about I take him home and you go get him some medication or something. He’s literally turning paper white.”

                I hadn’t noticed my skin color because it hurt to keep my eyes open. The sunlight was shooting into my eyes creating even more pain to my head, so it was best I kept them shut. I heard the little girl come back asking if I was okay, but she grew silent as I felt an arm wrap around my waist. Luhan was holding onto me by my hips, dragging me off to his apartment with his husband and daughter following behind. Chanyeol said something about making phone calls to the New York Hospital, and he’ll be back later with some medicine. I wasn’t exactly sure because all I wanted to do was stop the pain.

                After walking for three minutes or so, Luhan pushed open the door to his apartment building, and practically lifted me up several flights of stairs. He kept looking at me to see if I was okay with a very concerned eye. I could tell he was a parent now because he treated me as if I was a child. Finally I was lying down in a bed that had fresh sheets and a comfortable pillow. The room looked very familiar, yet the colors of the walls and linings of the bedspread are something I don’t recognize. This was the exact room I saw in my flashback, which means the room belongs to Luhan. Thinking back to a time a barely remembered caused even more pain in my head. I turned and screamed into the pillow letting tears finally fall. My body was overwhelmed with pain again, and suddenly everything went dark and all the pain stopped. Yet again, consciousness was lost and I fell into a deep slumber.

                For the past two hours I’ve been trying to get a hold of a neurological doctor who prescribed Sehun medicine several weeks ago. My phone call was being bounced around from person to person all around the hospital, and my patience was running thin. I knew that at home my fiancé was suffering a great pain, and I had to figure out what medicine he was on that stopped the pain in the first place. Giving him something completely different would only put his body into more shock, so I needed the exact name of the prescription.

                I was standing outside of a pharmacy on a fairly quiet street in Seoul. People continued to walk past me as if I didn’t exist, and to me they didn’t exist either. All I wanted to do was get a hold of the doctor. There was a presence standing next to me, but just as I went to look at who it was, the person on my cell phone told me to please hold. It was the single moment where my patience ran out.

“I’m asking a very simple question,” I yelled in English. “Find out who the doctor was that prescribed Oh Sehun pain medication, and have them call me now! This is your head doctor so stop bouncing my call around as if I’m patient! Goodbye!”

                As I slammed my finger against the end call button, I heard the presence next to me giggle a bit. There was nothing funny about my situation, and I was going to scream at them explaining that, but no words came out when I saw who it was next to me. Baekhyun was looking at me with a slight smile but his eyes told otherwise. They were glistening with tears about to fall down his rounded cheeks. Finally I got the chance to see how Baekhyun has changed in the past three years, and he’s grown to be so handsome.

“Since when did you speak English,” he laughed trying to blink away the tears.

“Baek what’s wrong?”

                My question made him take a deep breath before tears began to pour out his eyes. It was as if I had triggered an emotional switch with a simple question. My arms took a hold of him and let him cry onto my chest. I thought he would push me away and hit me telling me to get off, but instead, his arms wrapped around me. His crying grew so heavy that he began to gasp for air. I leaned back so I could look down at him, but Baekhyun just kept crying not even looking at me.

“I broke up with Jongdae,” he cried. “When it came time to sign papers for the house… I-I just couldn’t do it. Now my home is gone, Chanyeol! You know how much I loved my apartment.”

“Wait. You’re crying because you lost the apartment or because you broke up with Jongdae? What happened? You both looked happy today…”

“I haven’t been happy since you left. There is so such thing as happy for me anymore. Jongdae was just someone I needed to distract me from how much it hurts to live without you. I was put on this earth to love you, yet I got screwed over and now I don’t even have a home…”

“Baek don’t do this to me now,” I said letting go of him. “Sehun is at home probably ing dying of pain and no one can even return my damn phone call telling me what medicine he’s on! Now you want to go back and bring up why I left you?!”

“…n-no that’s not at all what I want to do,” he said looking scared. “I just wanted to…Forget it. I need to find a hotel or somewhere to sleep tonight. I’ll leave you alone now.”

                Just as he went to walk away, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back towards me. He looked angry and snatched his arm out of my hand. His eyes expressed all the aching in his heart, and it killed me to see Baekhyun like this. The man in front of me at one point in my life was my everything. I lived and breathed for only him, and yet after all I’ve done to him, he lives for me. Regret consumed my every bone and I pulled Baekhyun back in for a hug. Like they were magnets, his arms wrapped around me again.

“Baekhyun I’m sorry for everything I’ve done,” I said kissing the top of his head. “I still love you, but I can’t go back on those feelings. Right now Sehun needs me more than ever. Why don’t you stay at my hotel for now?”

“And watch you and my best friend lay in bed together? I think I’ll pass.”

“I’m bringing him to a hospital. He needs to get his head scanned because something his causing him severe pain.”

“I’ll come with you to bring him to the hospital, but I don’t know about the hotel…”

                We walked together back to Luhan’s apartment that wasn’t too far from the pharmacy I was standing out in front of. Our arms were pressed up against each other while we headed towards Sehun. I put in headphones, in attempt to cut some of the awkward tension I noticed as Baekhyun began to read a text on his phone. Whoever had sent him a message left a long paragraph because he scrolled down the screen for quiet some time. I could see a tear fall from under his sunglasses before he slammed the phone in his pocket. He was silent for the rest of the walk and I could see his temples raising and falling in frustration.

                When Baekhyun and I entered the unfamiliar apartment, we saw Luhan and Minseok sitting drinking tea at their dinning table. Luhan looked first and rolled his eyes seeing Baekhyun standing next to me. They lowered the volume on a small baby monitor that showed their daughter off in bed. Minseok stood up and walked us over to where Sehun was fast asleep in bed. He was still the same pale color as before but looked to be in far less pain. A gasp escaped from Baekhyun’s mouth seeing his best friend look nearly lifeless. I lifted Sehun in my arms and headed towards the front door.

“Thank you both for letting him stay here for a bit. I think its best I take him to a hospital now just to get some tests to see what’s going on.”

“It’s no problem at all,” Minseok smiled sitting back down. “Please keep us updated on his health.”

“Absolutely. I’ll talk to you guys later.”

“Oh and Chanyeol,” Luhan said just as the door began to shut. “Please don’t go running back to this one here. Don’t break Sehun’s heart like that. You can’t flip flop between lovers your whole life. Bye.”

                The door shut and Baekhyun stood there with a mouth wide open. He was clearly angry that Luhan would address him as this one but more or less shocked at the statement. I told him to just ignore it, and proceeded down the stairs to bring Sehun to my car. I laid him down in the back seat as best as I could, while Baekhyun climbed into to passenger seat. Once I the engine and headed towards Seoul University Hospital, Baekhyun rested his hand on my own.

“He’ll be fine Chanyeol,” he whispered. “Sehun is going to be fine.”

 

 

--------------

I'm so sorry for the very late update. I ended up going on a vacation for a week, and then had to return home to a state test! So everything is up and running again, Hazy will continue on. Please comment on what you think with Baek back in the mix :o I'm curious!