Storybook

♚┇⊰ ゚《TWO SECONDS》 ▫ ▪

 

STORYBOOK

♚ where is the genie who will grant my wish?
heart, open sesame
 

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

“You never spoke to each other even back in first year?”

“We weren’t classmates in first year… I remember speaking to him once outside of classes, but it was only a sentence… Did you think we were friends even before my detention?”

“Well, yes. He’s had detention duty before, but you’re the first he’s really… been interested in.”

~ Aron and Jinah, Chapter 5


Neon irheobeorin gudureul chaja, Nae ape natanasseo
You came before me, looking for your lost shoe

Nuni busin girl oh mabeop gateun girl oh
Dazzling girl, magical girl


“You bastards. I am going to destroy you all!”

The opening ceremony for the first year students had just ended and all the new high school students were heading to their rooms after the brief break.

One in particular was running down the corridors. Her short hair graced her face. Her eyes were set into a very determined and hateful stare. Her pout lips were snarled back in anger. Despite how obviously frazzled she look, the students that had caught sight of her had to admit she still looked incredibly charming.

Oh, and she was a boy.

Ren noticed how the halls’ crowds were beginning to thin as time went on, and he was quite thankful for it. He had asked around to students if they had seen his friends, telling them a brief account of their description. What irritated him greatly though wasn’t how they knew nothing, but how they reacted to him.

“No, I haven’t seen anyone like that… And um, you’re… really pretty. Are you a model?”

“I saw none of those guys… I could help you look though? Keep a pretty girl company, eh?”

“We should be heading to our classroom soon… Would you want me to you to your class?”

It was ridiculous. He was in high school! Puberty had already hit him! So why…?!

Ren tugged lightly on the short skirt he was wearing. Oh, right. Because he was wearing a girl’s uniform. After the ceremony at the gymnasium, he had met up with his friends. Aron in particular had a large bucket of neon green paint for some inane reason… and one accident led to another, until Ren’s usual uniform was smothered in the flashing color.

It was fine, they said.

The uniform they found fit him perfectly, they said.

Trust us, they said.

When left in the bathroom stall, he had been handed a paper bag with the female uniform and his original one had been stolen by his soon-to-be dead friends. It was either he left the bathroom as a girl or in his boxers.

His choice was clear, but now he was regretting it. He should’ve gone out in his underwear – damn the consequences. It was better than having his male pride crushed with every person he spoke to or every guy that gave him a second glance.

Ren arrived back in the hall of the first year classes and saw that most had already headed to their rooms. He saw none of his victims- friends though… He quickly passed the hallway, but stopped short when he saw a girl leaning on the wall across a classroom.

She had medium-length hair in a braid. She was one of the few girls whose blazer was completely buttoned and whose skirt was below her knee. She wore dull, black glasses and didn’t really look anything remarkable.

What made him stop was her narrowed eyes at him. Ren went towards her, suspicious of her stare. “What?” he asked.

The girl rose an eyebrow, an amused smile on her face.

“Why are you wearing a girl’s uniform?”

His eyes widened in shock. She knew. How? No one was suspicious of him in the slightest and yet she can so blatantly tell he was cross-dressing?!

But then another realization set in... He flushed red in embarrassment when he realized what that would make of his image. But before he could deny her claim, a curse from a familiar voice got his attention.

He met eyes with Minhyun. The tall man backed away slowly… until he ran off with Ren right behind his tail. “Get back here!” he yelled.

Before he could turn a corner, Ren looked over his shoulder… barely catching a glimpse of the girl before she entered her class 1-A.

They weren’t classmates.


Meorissoge maemdoneun silluet
Your silhouette is in my head

Neoreul mot bon haruga jiruhae
If I don’t see you, my days are boring


He saw her everywhere.

“You do know life would be easier if we went through the other staircase near our room? We’re in 1-E… Why do you want to pass through all the other first year classes first?”

Or well, he made it so he always saw her.

“Exercise,” Ren merely said. “You’re getting fat, Aron.”

“I am not!... Right?” Aron said, squeezing at his stomach in concern. “Well, with that Lime woman suddenly claiming to be a ‘ruler’ of this school, fights are bound to come. I’ll exercise then and… “

Ren tuned out Aron’s words – which was surprisingly easily – and shifted his gaze ever so slightly when he passed by the back door of 1-A.

She was sitting alone again.

“If you sit alone at lunch… What does that mean?” Ren asked as they passed by the classroom.

Aron frowned. “Hm? Uh… I guess maybe her friends aren’t around… if she has any, that is.”

“… She?”

“Well I figured you’re interested in someone, which is why we keep passing by here… and I assume you’re straight. Am I wrong on that last bit?”

“Hahaha… You have two seconds to run.”


Chokollit kaendicheoreom nareul nogyeo, aetaneun nae mameul nollyeo
You melt me like chocolate candy, teasing my anxious heart

Sinbihan girl neon, donghwa soge saneun girl
Mysterious girl, fairy tale girl


“Ah… Physical education… The lovely class where you see girls out of those horrendous blazers and in white shirts that become just slightly see through with enough sweat-“

“Stop talking like a erted old man,” JR said.

Minhyun laughed and leaned by the window, looking down at the section that was currently outside. “I like that one… quite tall, she is. I won’t have to bend down so much when I kiss her.”

Aron followed his gaze and shook his head in disagreement. “I like the smaller ones. More… huggable… I’m sure Baekho agrees!”

Baekho paused for a moment before disagreeing as well. “I don’t mind the height… I mean, as long as she likes me, right?”

Aron placed an arm around his shoulder… and gripped tightly onto his neck. “Oh? How pure!” he said, though it didn’t sound like a compliment.

Minhyun did the same, his lips pressed into a thin line in irritation. “Acting all smug because some girl confessed to you last week, huh?!”

“G-G-Guys! Can’t breathe!” Baekho wailed.

“Stop bullying him… We have enough of that with those damn delinquents,” JR said… the two complied with his order.

“Right… while teacher is late, best I make most of my bird viewing…” Minhyun said, looking back out… and laughing. “Which little canary has caught your eye? You’ve been looking at one spot for a while.”

Ren didn’t glance at Minhyun, but was aware that he was talking to him. “… Those two. What are their names?”

“They’re not in our class. You think I know?”

“Don’t make me flatter you. Just tell me.”

Minhyun smirked. “Well, I’m glad you don’t underestimate my network of ladies.” He glanced back at the class of 1-A. “The taller one is Lee Yooyoung. The one in glasses is Park Jinah. I know you asked both so I wouldn’t narrow down who you’re really interested in… but… I’d say the four eyes.”

“… What makes you say that?”

“Women’s intuition.”

“…”

“What? If you hang out with them long enough, their little skills grow on you.”

“So are you going to grow s next?”

“… Well I can’t certainly grow a vag- Don’t hit me! You started it!”


Eoril jeok kkumeseo mannatdeon geotcheoreom, maeil bam gidaryeosseo
As if we’ve met in my childhood dream, I waited for you all night

Unmyeongin girl neon, neol saranghaneun
Destiny girl, I love you


“How is that possible? No way. That’s a one in a billion chance!” Aron said as they looked up at the new class listings for second years.

JR shook his head. “… I’m pretty sure the chances aren’t in billions, really. But this is good.”

“Us getting separated for our second year in high school is good? There are only five sections and one of us are in each of them!”

“Connections. We’re running for council, remember?” JR told reminded them. “Get their trust. Act nice. Act good. Act perfect.”

“Act, act, act. Might as well tell us to just flat out lie, lie, lie.”

“Lie, lie, lie.”

“… I wanna pummel you.”

“I’ll just beat you again.”

Ren quickly placed a hand on Aron and JR’s chest, pushing them away from each other. “Easy. Don’t start a cat fight.” After making sure his two friends wouldn’t rip each other’s throat out, he looked back at his own class listing, 2-A.

He saw her name.

“… What are you smiling at?”


Ne momi seuchimyeon nae siganeun meomchwobeoryeo
When your body passes by, time stops

Hanbeonui kiss on sesangi heundeullyeo
One kiss shakes up the whole world

Ne ipsul neoui hyanggi ooh
Your lips, your scent


She didn’t seem very approachable.

Ren had pretty much gathered by the first few weeks of classes that she was disliked by quite a lot. She was always tardy and disrupted the first class because of it. Her bouts with teachers were a common occurrence, as well as her own snide remarks at any classmate that spoke with her.

A good majority of the class didn’t favor her… but what he found interesting, was that the only friend she did have, absolutely adored her.

He stared at the two girls, seeing Yooyoung smiling so brightly at the smaller girl who was frowning at her in contrast. Yooyoung was nice and was in good relations with everyone else in class, but she only really laughed and seemed to have a good time when she was with the most disliked person present.  

“Ren?”

He quickly looked away from the two to face the bespectacled class president. He smiled in apology. “Sorry about that. You said karaoke?”

The considerably small president nodded. “Yes! Most of the class will come! To celebrate the end of the first exam week!” he said with a grin.

Ren looked around the room and indeed saw everyone was still remaining… but took note of how a particular classmate had already put on her bag. “Them?” he gestured to the two friends.

The class president followed his gaze. “Oh, some people in clubs will come later, such as Yooyoung.”

“The other one?”

“You mean Jinah?... I’m afraid not. I’ve been with her since middle school. She isn’t very… sociable. I’ve always asked her, but…” he trailed off. But then the class president pushed up his glasses and smiled. “Why do you ask?”

“I was hoping to speak to her about her behavior,” Ren said as an excuse.

“Oh, right. Student council duties, huh? Well, she gets quite an earful from teachers daily… I don’t think fellow classmates’ words would do any better,” he muttered with a shake of his head. But then he paled and grabbed Ren’s shoulders. “You aren’t going to send her to your council’s Hell Detention, are you?”

Ren frowned. Were those caps necessary? “Hell… detention? Is that what you call it when we trap delinquents in there?”

“Um-“

“At least call it something more classy. Like… Re-educator’s Lair… Or maybe Room of New Beginnings…” Those caps were necessary.

“Sounds like a lair room in a game!” he noted with a laugh. “I’ll correct myself then!” He grew serious again and regarded Ren with a frown. “But… you won’t right? Jinah has a terrible mouth, but she isn’t-“

“I won’t. Don’t worry. She has a very… problematic behavior, but she really isn’t a threat.”


Nae simjangeun chumeul chuneun geot gata
It feels like my heart is dancing

Ni sonjise matchwo umjigin deutae
Like it’s moving along to your hands

Nae sumeul gajyeobeorin ooh
You took away my breath


In the next few months, all the threats had been rid of though.

It left certain students like her the only remaining thorns in their lovely garden of a reformed school.

“We have a detention for today,” Minhyun announced, eyes still fixed on the file. “For an entire month.”

Ren and Aron grimaced. “I thought we took care of those delinquents? How’d they get such a long one?” Aron asked.

Minhyun placed the file on the desk for the two to see.

Name: Park Jinah

“She isn’t necessarily a delinquent… and I doubt she needs the entire council to watch her. So…” They looked at each other.

“Who’s going to be on detention duty?”

“Such a long period of time… and for only a single girl…” Aron met the two’s gazes with a determined one of his own. “I believe you know how to settle such an important affair.” They met his gaze with a serious one. The three stood in the middle, allowing a substantial space in between them. They got into the stance and began chanting the challenge words.

“Rock-paper-scissors!” the three said, hands in the middle.

Nothing like a duel of chance.

Minhyun smirked and took a step back, being the only paper among rocks. “Don’t get me wrong, I love all ladies… but spending two hours everyday with just one? I have to share myself, you know?”

The two ignored him and faced each other. Minhyun was affronted at the lack of response. “Rock-paper-scissors!” they continued. Ren looked down at his rock and Aron’s scissors.

Ren won.

Aron groaned in defeat and took hold of the girl’s file with one hand. “Seems this’ll be a loooong month…” But then he suddenly smiled. “She seems interesting though… and if you look at her long enough, she’s actually kind of pretty, huh?”

Minhyun smirked and patted his friend on the back. “What? You finally going to get yourself a girlfriend?”

Aron laughed and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. “Who knows~?”

Ren took hold of the file and placed it back on the table. “Again,”

Minhyun and Aron turned to him in surprise.

Ren focused his glare on Aron, firm and unyielding. “You’ll do scissors again,” he practically demanded.

Aron stared at his friend for a moment, until he nodded slowly. “Uh… okay…?” he said, holding up his hand again for another game when Ren did. Aron wasn’t one to easily give in to his friends’ weird whims, but something about Ren right now made it difficult for him to disobey.

“Rock-paper-scissors!”

Aron looked down at their hands. Both him and Minhyun laughed, not caring at the glare they received from the blonde.

Aron had obeyed and did scissors… and Ren responded with a paper.

“You lost on purpose…”


“Why, of all the members of the council, was it you?”

“… I lost at rock-paper-scissors.”


You‘re my storybook girl, my storybook girl

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
END STORYBOOK
 i need to turn the page in this storybook
but you have the key
 

▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀


A/N:

I got my lyrics from here and here.

It's been a looong while, haha~ And it isn't even 'really' the next chapter XD Just another special chapter from Ren's side and it gives a bit more insight on the other members' personalities. Hope you liked it :)

Feel free to comment and subsribe if you haven't yet~!