Breaking Point

Love In The Limelight || A YG Family and JYP Nation fanfic

Jimin P.O.V

The next day we were round up by Jae Su and brought in to the recording studio. Nami was setting everything up when Hyun Mi stood suddenly.

"Excuse me, I have to ask JYP something really quick." 

I nodded and Hyun Mi smiled before leaving the room. It was silent as the three of us sat in the recording studio. Ever since Hyun Mi had been added, the three of us have been slightly weird around each other. Nami never looked at us when she talked and Semi didn't speak as much as she used to. 

After a moment, Nami stood up and went into the booth. She made sure everything was plugged in and functioning before motioning to Semi, "Unni, you can go in now."

Semi nodded and stood up from her seat. She brought in her copy of the lyrics and shut the door behind her. Now more silence as Nami was getting the audio clip ready.

"Nami-ah, we should go see that new movie sometime this week," I said, looking for some way to fill the silence.

"Mmm," she hummed. "I can't sorry. I have to talk to the choreographer and then JYP wants me to help with the stylists to pick out clothes for the concept."

"Ah," I nodded. "You've become quite the busy bee."

She shrugged. Then spoke into the booth. "Okay, Semi, I'm starting it now."

Semi nodded and soon the music started. Semi's voice soon filled the room as she sung her part. Nami nodded her head to the beat and after a moment stopped the song.

"Good! Do it like that one more time, please."

Nami restarted the song and once again Semi sung her part. Nami nodded to herself when it was done and clicked on a few things. I sat and watched as the two worked on the song. They moved on to the next part and did that a few times until it felt right. After a moment I realized they had fallen back into the normal familiarity they usually had. Nami even laughed at a joke Semi said. I felt a twinge of jealousy that they could suddenly be better, but I also felt impatience for my part. Maybe Nami and I could also find that same rhythm. 

During the switch for me to go into the booth, Hyun Mi finally returned her face bright with a smile.

"Guys! JYP agreed to let me do the choreography for the comeback."

"That's awesome!" Semi exclaimed, genuinely happy for her. I smiled and nodded my agreement.

"Also, he's letting me write a rap for the song as well."

Now Semi frowned, "A rap? But Nami's our rapper."

"I know," Hyun Mi said, but after I got JYP to agree he asked to fit two raps in."

I opened my mouth to say something but Nami beat me to it.

"There's no room for two raps, sorry." Nami never took her eyes off the computer screen.

I frowned. "Nami, I'm sure we could fit it in someplace."

Nami stopped whatever she was typing with a sigh and looked up at me. "I made the song to fit only one rap. To fit in another I'd have to rearrange the whole song. Semi would have to re-record different parts. We'd all get shorter parts. It wouldn't flow right."

"Nami," I said warningly. She gave me an incredulous look.

"Jimin, I wrote the song, I'll choose how to direct it."

We stared down each other and after a moment, she stood up from her chair to meet my gaze full on. Suddenly the door opened and the a cheerful voice cut in, mismatching our tense atmosphere.

"Hey guys!" BamBam exclaimed coming into the room. "We heard you were recording and wanted to see how it was going."

More people shuffled in but Nami and I were still staring each other down. I was vaguely aware of Semi trying to motion something to BamBam and the others but it was futile because they didn't understand.

Ignoring them I spoke again, "Nami, change the song. JYP said she could have a rap so add one for her."

The others seemed to get the jist of what was happening because awkward shuffling filled the room.

"No I don't want to."  Her eyes were narrowed and I could see slight betrayal in her face. But I was too angry to care. 

"Why are you acting like such a brat?"

Nami scoffed and looked away. "I'm going to talk to JYP."

She stepped around me, not giving me another glance. I turned and saw that along with BamBam, JB, Junior, Jackson, and Yugyeom were also in the room. God this was embarrassing.

"Nami," Hyun Mi started and reached out, touching the maknae's arm. 

Nami instantly jerked away and glared. "Don't touch me."

"Nami!" I scolded.

She gave me an incredulous look.

Hyun Mi started again. "Listen Nami I know you're all sensitive because this is your song but it's just one extra rap verse."

"One rap verse that will throw off the whole feel of the song. You're already getting the choreography just let me do this my way."

"Give me a rap verse."

Hyun Mi stepped forward and the atmosphere went from tense to freezing cold. I looked at Semi and she looked at me with worry. I snuck a glance at the boys and they looked nervous too. Now it was Hyun Mi's turn to have a stare down with Nami. And though Nami was shorter, she wasn't backing down.

"No." She also stepped forward and gave Hyun Mi a warning look. They were inches away from each other and I started to step forward but it was too late.

"You selfish ," Hyun Mi sneered.

An instant later, Nami's hand darted forward. The ring of the hard hitting slap rang through the room. Multiple things happened at once then. Hyun Mi reached out to hit Nami back but JB bolted forward and pulled Hyun Mi back. Semi also darted forward, this time for Nami and held the maknae by her torso as her arms swung forward.

Hyun Mi was screaming profanities and shouting but Nami was more quiet, going for a violent approach instead.

"BamBam!" I shouted. The boy looked over at me, his eyes wide. "Go find an employee!" He nodded and then bolted out of the room, Junior followed after him. Yugyeom came forward and helped JB restrain Hyun Mi while Jackson came over to Semi and blocked Nami's view of the other girl. 

He was murmuring something to her but I couldn't hear over Hyun Mi's shouting. I scooted around them and blocked Hyun Mi's view.

"Hey, stop, you need to stop now."

Suddenly the door opened and a male staff member came in, Junior and BamBam behind him.

"HEY!" His voice bellowed through the room. We all immediately stopped and looked at him. "JYP's office NOW! All of you!"

All of us shuffled out of the room, making sure to keep Nami and Hyun Mi away from each other. We couldn't all fit in the elevator so the employee walked some of the group up the stairs. When we were all in JYP's office he was looking over papers in at his desk. He frowned at all of us in confusion.

"There was a fight." The employee explained. JYP raised a brow and then motioned us in and dismissed the employee. 

"What happened," JYP asked.

No one answered. I decided to speak up. "We were recording and then there was a argument. Hyun Mi and Nami ended up in a fight. The boys were just helping to break it up."

"Boys," JYP said suddenly. "Wait in the hall. I'll talk to you when I'm done with the girls." When they were gone, Hyun Mi spoke up.

"Nami hit me first!"

"Hyun Mi instigated it," Nami shot back. JYP held up a hand and they quieted down. 

"Nami did you throw the first hit?"

"Yes," she replied without hesitation.

I wanted to speak up again to explain that it was Hyun Mi were technically started it but my mouth stayed shut. 

"That's disappointing Nami," JYP said, his tone solemn. 

She nodded slowly in agreement, her gaze on the floor. But a moment later, she stood up suddenly, her head bowed and her hands clasped in front of her. "Sajangnim, I wish to request a termination of contract."

We all froze in shock. 

"I was just going to suspend you for a while," JYP said.

"Please, sajangnim."

JYP studied her and then to my utter disbelief he nodded. "Okay. Jang Nami, your contract is terminated. You have 36 hours to clear out the dorm and the building."

"That won't be necessary sir." Nami looked up then. "I'll be gone by this evening."