The Life of an Idol Begins || Part 2 ||

Love In The Limelight || A YG Family and JYP Nation fanfic

Semi P.O.V

After our Inkigayo stage, all I wanted to do was climb into bed. However it was still only late afternoon and I had plans with Seungri. After Nami left, we helped clean up our dressing room before taking our leave. Jae Su led us to our van and both Jimin and I climbed in. In the car, Jae Su automatically the A/C. It was late summer time and the car was sweltering.  As we pulled out, I watched the lingering fans dissapate into the streets and return to their lives. 

"How do you guys think you did?" Jae Su suddenly asked, turning onto a main street. 

"I think I did pretty good," Jimin replied. 

"I could've done better," I admitted. "My lines are like a run-on sentence and I lose my breath near the end."

"I noticed," Jae Su replied. "But keep working at it, you'll eventually nail those lines."

I smiled and nodded. The rest of the drive was quiet and soon we reached Seungri's apartment. Or really, we were a few blocks down. Jae Su had told me earlier he would do this, as to not cause a scene with the fans. I gathered my purse and then opened the door and climbed out.

"Seungri said he'd drive me back," I waved. Jimin waved back and I smiled as I shut the door. Jae Su waited at the corner until Seungri buzzed me into the building before driving off. Inside I wandered to the elevator and pressed the up button. When the doors opened I climbed in and pressed the 8th floor button. The ride up was quick and soon I was climbing out of the elevator. 

In the hallway, I looked down both ends before finding Seungri standing outside his door down the right side of the hallway. He grinned when he saw me and waved me over. I grinned back and started down the hall towards him. At the door he pulled me in for a hug and I couldn't help the blush that crept up my neck. When we pulled away he motioned for me to enter the apartment. 

Inside sat Jiyong and Youngbae. I greeted them and they smiled. Jiyong was highly immersed in the laptop in front of him on the table and after greeting me returned promptly to his work. Youngbae was sitting next to him and though he was also attentive to whatever Jiyong was doing, he wasn't as immersed as the former. Seungri took my sweater and purse before hanging them both up into a closet. 

"Do you want anything to drink?" He asked as he went into the kitchen. 

I shook my head, "No I'm good for now. Thanks though." I sat across from the two other Big Bang members. "Whatcha guys doing?"

"We're working on some new beats for future Big Bang songs," Youngbae smiled.

I sat up, interested in the topic. "Can I listen? Or is it super top secret?"

"Not yet," Jiyong replied. "I don't want to play it for others until I feel confident in it."

I nodded in understanding. "Got it!"

"How's the munchkin doing?" Jiyong asked suddenly. It took me a moment to remember that 'munchkin' was the nickname for Nami that Big Bang gave her. "And Jimin, how is she too? I saw your guys' debut MV."

"They're good," I replied. "Really? Did you like it?"

"Yeah it's good," Jiyong replied.

I rolled my eyes. "But...?"

"Could've been better." 

Youngbae spoke up quickly. "What he means is that you guys have so much more potential."

I laughed. "It's fine. We all think so too. When we release the mini album JYP says he'll have some new songs for it." Seungri sat down next to me and rested his arm on the back of my chair. "I think Nami is helping him with our follow up single, too."

Jiyong nodded. "Good. Nami has some good ideas. And having the public see that you guys help with your own songs will get you some more respect as rookies."

Everyone nodded in agreement. I tilted my head in thought before also nodding in agreement.One of my goals was to try song writing too. Nami had been helping me, but I wasn't anywhere as good as she was. When I told her that she'd deny it and say it was becasue YG was adamant on song writing assignments. 

"So what do you want to do?" Seungri asked.

"Mmm, actually I can't stay very long. We promised the GOT7 guys we'd hang out with them tonight."

"That sounds fun," Youngbae replied. "What are you guys gonna do?"

"I actually don't know. Nami just told me they invited us over."

"Isn't the munchkin dating one of them?" Jiyong asked, still fully immersed in his laptop.

I laughed and shook my head. "No. Not yet at least."

Suddenly Seungri laughed too. "That reminds me! Hyungs did I tell you what Hyunseung said to the guy Nami likes?" Both of them perked up suddenly interested. "Hyunseung gave him a warning to make sure not to hurt Nami and the guy turned so white he could've been a ghost."

The guys laughed and I swatted Seungri's arm. "Nami's still embarrased about that!" I sighed. "But Jackson wouldn't do anything. He completely adores Nami."

"Jackson?" Jiyong asked. He clicked on something and started typing. "What's his last name?"

My eyes widened. "No! You're not looking him up on the internet!"

"Please Semi," Seungri gave me a puppy dog look and I only glared back at him. He had leaned over the side of the table to see the computer screen. 

"Just look up GOT7 and find his name," Youngbae pointed at the screen before giving me a cheeky smile. Giving him an exasperated look I threw my hands in the air.

"Wang. His last name is Wang."

The three guys grinned and Jiyong typed in the name and then hit enter. Seungri pointed at the screen this time. "That's him." Jiyong clicked on something and then both Youngbae and Jiyong looked on scrutinizingly. I sighed and slouched in the chair. Nami would kill me if she knew I'd let them do this. Seungri sat back in his chair and reached over to ruffle my hair. I swatted his hand away but couldn't hold the fake sneer and smiled back.

"He seems cool," Youngbae said after a moment of silence. 

I laughed shortly. "That's all? Cool?"

"Hyunseung will have to tell him that all of Big Bang will come after him too," Jiyong teased. Under the table I kicked him and he faked a look of pain as I stuck my tongue out at him.

Jiyong shut the laptop and started to get up. "Well, we'll leave you and Seungri to hang out. Youngbae and I have to go to YG tonight."

I nodded and Seungri and I saw them off at the door. "Hey," I spoke, nudging Seungri's shoulder with mine. He looked over expectantly. "Lets go eat ice cream."

Seungri grinned and nodded. We slipped on our shoes and then stepped out of the apartment.


Jimin P.O.V

Back at the dorm, I hopped in the shower and then changed into sweats and a tank top. Pulling my wet light blonde hair into a bun I made my way into the kitchen and pulled out a water bottle. As I was making my way back to my room someone knocked on the door. I frowned knowing we weren't expecting anyone but went over and looked through the peep hole.

JB stood outside in the hallway, his hands stuffed into his pockets. Frowning in confusion I opened up the door and smiled.

"Hey, Jaebum. What's up?"

"Hey. Uh, Jinyoung said he invited you guys over tonight, but you all haven't showed up. It's okay if you can't, though. No pressure."

I tilted my head in thought and as I started to tell him I didn't hear of any invitation, Nami came running towards us. She stopped and caught her breath as she held up a finger for JB to wait a moment. She then rushed into the dorm and into the bathroom. A second later the shower water started.

I smiled slightly and turned back to Jaebum. "We'll be down in a moment." Jaebum smiled and nodded back. As he turned to walk away, Semi came running up as well. She had a barrel of ice cream in her hands and quickly handed that over to Jaebum.

"Ah~" she sighed in relief. "That was freezing my arms off." She pointed at the large container and smiled. "That's for being late!" Then Semi raced into the dorm and into her room to change.

I nodded slowly and then waved to Jaebum as he walked off laughing. In the dorm, the shower water shut off and a moment later, Nami ran by, a towel wrapped around her and her clothes bundled into her arms. Semi ran out of her room, in a new outfit and entered the bathroom to run her brush through her hair.

"So which one of you forgot to tell me we had plans?"

Semi pointed towards Nami's room. As I turned to look at the door, Nami stuck her hand out and waved. Afterwards, a muffled 'sorry' could be heard from the same direction. I smiled and rolled my eyes before making my way back to my room and slipped on a light sweater over my tank top. 

"I'm ready!" Semi announced at the door. She was now wearing a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt with sandals. Her hair was down and pushed back with a headband. Her light brown roots were starting to come in and were a contrast against the blonde. Nami came rushing out next and gave a thumbs up. 

She was wearing black skinny jeans with a white tank top and red checkered plaid shirt over. Her hair was still wet but tied up in a high pony tail. She also slipped on her sandals and I followed suit, shutting the door behind us. The walk down stairs to the GOT7 dorm was quick and soon Semi was knocking on the door.

After a moment the door opened revealing Yugyeom. He grinned at us and moved aside to let us in.

"You guys came!" 

"Mmm," I nodded. "There was a little bit of a mix up. Sorry about that."

He shook his head, smile still intact. "It's okay noona. Everyone's in the living room." We nodded and Yugyeom shut the door behind us before following. In the living room, Mark, Jackson, and Jinyoung were sprawled on the couch completely engulfed in a video game. JB, Youngjae, and Bambam were watching from their positions on the floor. Everyoen had a bowl of ice cream near by.

JB was yelling at Jinyoung to 'go over there!' Jackson was laughing as he tried to block Mark's view but the latter kept trying to dodge the blockage. However when he saw us come in Mark hit pause. Everyone groaned in protest as the game came to a stop.

Mark got up off the couch and came to greet us. He hugged Nami first which was expected from the best friends before saying hello to us. Semi waved to everyone before going to sit down next to Bambam to talk together. I sat on the arm of the couch near Jinyoung and shared a fist bump with him.

When Nami joined everyone, she smiled at Jackson before sitting down next to JB. Jackson automatically gave his controller to Youngjae who switched seats with him. This put the former on Nami's other side. Almost immediately the two became immersed in their conversation.

"What game are you guys playing?" Semi asked as Mark pressed play. I watched as the characters ran across the screen and shot at each other.

"Halo..." Jinyoung replied distractedly. Semi nodded like she knew what Jinyoung was talking about but really Semi hated video games.

"Hyung~" Bambam whined cutely as he turned to face Jaebum. The latter looked over expectantly. "Can we order pizza?"

"Pizza? Hmmm. Yeah." Jaebum nodded. "I don't think I have enough to pay for all of us though."

"We can all chip in," I spoke up. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"But who's going to go pick it up when the pizza guy arrives?" Youngjae asked.

Everyone looked around at each other. It looked like none of us wanted to go down there. Jackson suggested we all play a game and the loser goes down to pick up the pizza. After multiple tries at the ladder game, Nami was chosen to go down. She scrunched up her face and Jinyoung offered to go down with her.

"No it's fine," Nami replied. 

Jaebum called and put in the rather large order. About 30 minutes later the pizza guy called to announce he'd arrived.

Nami P.O.V

I shut the GOT7 dorm door closed behind me and scurried down the steps in a hurry. Outside it was dark already and the pizza man smiled as he handed over the three pizza boxes and two 6 packs of soda. I set it aside in the building and then counted out the cash for him.

"Hey, aren't you Nami from KraZ? That new JYP group?"

I looked up and blinked in surprise. "Uh, yeah. You recognize me?"

He nodded earnestly. "Yeah! Me and my girlfriend really like your song! Whoa! She's never gonna believe me when I tell her I saw you."

I smiled slightly and bowed. "Ah, thank you!" I finished counting out the cash and handed it over to him in exact change. He counted it quickly before smiling and waving happily as he made his way back to his car. Once the front door closed I smiled to myself and shook my head.

Looks like the life of an idol was beginning.


A/N: Yay new chapter! 

It's a fun packed week also~ G-dragon's birthday (he's my ultimate bias, forever and always (you could probably tell by the amount of GD stories I've written ;) )), also Big Bang's 8th anniversary! I've only been a fan for 6 years but it's crazy how fast time flies~ And JYP released a teaser image for GOT7's japanese debut which I'm super excited for <3

AND! I'm super close to 300 subscribers~ If I could that many do you know how happy I would be?! I can't even believe I got past 5 haha but you guys are really amazing~

Hope you liked this chapter and new one should be out soon!