The Life of an Idol Begins || Part 1 ||

Love In The Limelight || A YG Family and JYP Nation fanfic

Nami P.O.V

I shuffled into our dorm and slipped off my heels with a sigh of contentment. Nothing felt better than taking off high heeled shoes after long hours. I put on my slippers and then picked up the heels to bring into my room. Jimin and Semi were behind me and also pulled on their slippers. When I entered my bedroom, I realized how grateful I was for being in such a small group.

As much as I loved my friends, I would hate having to share a room with any of them. Semi was the messiest person you would ever meet, not that you could tell that by looking at her. And Jimin was the complete opposite, a total clean freak. I liked to say I was somewhere in the middle, cleaner than Semi but messier than Jimin. Just average.

Flopping onto my bed I dropped the heels to the floor and stared up at the ceiling. Jimin was in the kitchen looking for a late night snack before bed. It was late, maybe around 1 in the morning, and all I wanted to do was sleep. Semi poked her head into my room and knocked on the wall gently. "Jimin's going to heat up some left overs, do you want any?"

"Mmm. Sure," I said, rolling up and off of my bed. I followed Semi into the living room and sat at the counter of the kitchen. We didn't have a table, instead using the counter divider between the kitchen and living room. We'd bought three stools to all sit side-by-side-by-side. Jimin pulled out some left over chicken and soup. She put the chicken on three plates and then the soup in a pot on the stove.

As she waited for the stove to heat up, Jimin put in one plate of chicken into the microwave. The microwave buzzed to life when Jimin pushed the start button. Semi took over the soup and I rested my elbow on the counter before placing my chin on my palm. Semi and Jimin didn't allow me into the kitchen after I almost burnt it down a few months ago.

"Hey," I said after a moment. Jimin looked up from and Semi turned around to face me. "Do you guys think Jackson likes me?"

Jimin blinked as if she was taken aback by the question before she looked over her shoulder at Semi. Semi returned Jimin's confused looked with her own before answering. "Yeah...don't you?"

"No," I replied insantly. Jimin whipped around to face me again.

"Wait, you don't know that Jackson likes you? Nami it's obvious."

I scoffed. "Right, if it was so obvious, which it isn't, then everyone would know that I liked Jackson."

Jimin and Semi shared another looked before Jimin admitted, "They do."

My face went slack before I bent down and lightly smacked my forehead on the counter. "Are you serious?!"

Semi giggled and stirred the soup. "Yeah. It's cute though. Everyone knows you like each other except you two."

"Oh. My. God." I groaned. Jimin reached over and ruffled my hair. 

"Don't worry about it. Everyone's letting you two figure it out at your own pace."

I groaned even louder and the both unnies laughed. After a few moments, our leftover's dinner was warmed up and we were all eating. Today we'd had our debut stage on Music Bank, and my ears were still ringing from the loudness of the crowd and music. I also had a left over flush over my cheeks that I got when I worked hard. GOT7 had had their goodbye stage tonight as well. I had originally planned on congratulating them on a successful promotion run, but never got to run into them.

I sighed and took a bite of chicken and then perked up and then leaned slightly forward into the counter to see Semi on the opposite end. "Hey, how many views on the MV now?"

Semi pursed her lips and didn't look too happy. "I checked on our way back here. Only like 100,000 views right now."

A cloud of gloom settled over us. That was not the amount that JYP or us had been hoping for. Jimin cleared and sat up straighter, trying to be optimistic. "Hey, it's only been a day, you know. And the announcement of our debut did come out of no where, so maybe not many people have heard about us yet. All we need to do is give it some time."

I nodded slowly as I turned and took a sip of my soup. Semi made a sound of acknowledgement, but it sounded as if she was doubtful. Suddenly losing my appetite, I got up and cleaned my plate and bowl out. Afterwards, I went back to my room and shut the door. Sitting down on my bed, I slipped off my shirt and pulled on the sweatshirt I'd left nearby on the floor. 

I got up again and changed into pajama shorts before climbing into bed and pulling the covers up to my chin. I reached up and switched off my lamp, dousing the room in darkness.


The next morning my alarm blared loudly and I groaned as I reached over and slammed my palm down on the clock. I burrowed my head into my pillow and took a deep sigh before clambering out of bed. With my eyes still half shut I wandered into the bathroom and switched on the shower. When the water was warm enough I undressed and then slipped into the shower, letting the warm water run down my face and body. 

I quickly washed my hair and body and then turned off the water, leaving enough hot water for the other two if they needed it. Reaching for my purple towel, I wrapped it around my body and then grabbed my clothes before making my way back to the bedroom. After closing the door, I gathered a casual outfit of shorts and a sweatshirt before changing into them. 

Using the towel, I wrapped it around my hair to let it soak up some of the water. Sitting cross legged I picked up my phone and found a text from Hyunseung. 

- See you later today~!

I smiled and replied. -Can't wait!

I was a little sad because it would be oppa's last performace for promotions, but I was happy to get to see him again. I checked the other messages and found one from Jr. 

- Hey, we're all going to get together later today. Wanna join us?

I heard someone out in the kitchen and poked my head out to see Semi in the kitchen making coffee. "Hey unni, would want to hang out with  the GOT7 members tonight? They invited us over."

Semi blinked tiredly, but nodded and flashed a thumbs up as she yawned.

Slipping back into my room, I sent a quick reply to Jr.

- We'll be there.

I set down my phoen and then left the room to join Semi in the kitchen.

-3 hours later-

In the dressing room, were all getting ready to pre-record our performace for Inkigayo. One of our hair stylists was stuck in traffic, so one of us had to wait for our turn. Me being the maknae, I was the one who had to wait. I sat on the couch, a sweater over my stage costume. I tapped angrily at my phone, trying to get the high score in the game I was playing.

Suddenly a shadow fell over me and I paused the game to look up. A middle aged ,handsome man stared down at me with a smile. I grinned up at him and held up a fist. His smile widened and he fist bumped me back. 

"Our elusive manager finally makes an appearance," I teased.

"Aish, I know. I'm really sorry about that. But there were some family issues I needed to take care of.  But your fill-in manager has been taking good care of you right?" Kim Jae Su

I chuckled, "We couldn't get a fill-in, so we used Semi. Remind us never to do that again."

Suddenly a bobby pin flew through the air and landed in my lap. I looked up and found Semi glaring at me. I gave her a cheeky grin before tossing the bobby pin back.

Jae Su sat down next to me and placed his right ankle on his left knee and leaned back into the couch. "I'm make a note of that. We wouldn't want her single handedly ruining the group." He gave Semi a playful smile over my head and another bobby pin came flying at us. We laughed and this time Jae Su tossed it back. 

As she caught it, Semi spoke up. "I am happy you're back though. Honestly, I don't like being manager. It's too hard."

"Finally, an idol that understands the hardships we managers have to go through." He said this with a teasing, dramatic hand to the heart before sneaking a peek at us and grinning. I rolled my eyes as Semi let out a quick laugh. Jimin came over then and leaned over the back of the couch on Jae Su's other side. 

"I'm glad you're back, Jae Su." She smiled and Jae Su returned the gesture. Jimin then leaved forward more to meet my gaze. "You're up Nami."

I nodded and got up, making my way towards the hairstylist. As the stylist got to work on my hair, I leaned back in the chair and relaxed.



After our performance, we made our way back to the dressing room. Halfway there, someone lazily draped their arm over my shoulders and I jumped in shock before turning to see who it was. Hyunseung smiled at me and one of my pigtails. I made a face at him and he laughed. I noticed some figures behind us and looked over my shoulder to see the other members of Beast. 

I smiled and waved to them and they all waved back. I realized then they were all back into their street clothes. I looked over at Hyunseung and found him in some skinny jeans and a hoodie. His hair was still crimped and his bandana was still in from his performance. Together, we all made our way back to KraZ's changing room. Hyunseung stopped at the door and I looked back at him suddenly.

"I talked to Jae Su about it already, and got his permission. Get dressed and then we'll go get dinner."

I blinked and then looked over at Jae Su. He nodded in response when we made eye contact. I turned back to Hyunseung and grinned. "Okay!"

I ran over and grabbed my street clothes before standing behind one of the changing curtains. When I was back in my normal clothes of shorts and a flowy top with sandals, I hung up my costume and then grabbed my bag. There was nothing I could do about my hair because it was hairsprayed in, so I just left it.

"I'm going now!" I called. Jimin and Semi who had finished changing as well, waved with smiles. Jae Su also gave a parting salute. Back in the hallway, I walked with the Beast members until we were outside. Hyunseung said his goodbyes to his friends and then they went off to a black van. Hyunseung motioned for me to follow him. We got into another black van and inside, Hyunseung's manager greeted me. In the van we drove out of the Inkigayo parking lot and out into the streets.


A/N: Part 2 coming soon :)