What Next?

Love In The Limelight || A YG Family and JYP Nation fanfic

Nami P.O.V

After I requested my contract termination, JYP dismissed me to talk to the rest of the group. Outside the office door were the members of GOT7 that had helped break up the fight. They all looked up at the sound of the door opening and stood up when they saw me.

"What'd he say?" JB asked.

"I requested a termination of contract and JYP sajangnim accepted it." I announced. Their eyes widened and I continued on before they could speak. "From this point on I'm no longer a JYP artist."

I bowed and then started towards the elevator. I needed to get started on packing my things. And hopefully Hyunseung wouldn't mind me crashing at his house for a few days before I could go home. A gentle hand touched my arm and I looked over to meet Jackson's gaze. His eyes showed multiple emotions, anger, sadness, hurt. 

"Why?" Was all he asked.

Sighing, I used my free hand to gently push away his. "I'm obviously not ready for the life of an idol. And it was immature of me to hit Hyun Mi like that. Besides, I don't think I'm cut out for the life of a girl group. I'm too selfish to accomodate the needs of others." My tone was bitter and I had to calm myself with a breath.

Jackson shook his head with a frown and started to say something but I cut him off. "Trust me, it's better this way."

With that I turned away and, wanting a quick getaway, I took the stairs down. I returned to the recording studio and grabbed my things, leaving the song, I wrote a quick note that they could keep it. When I reached the bottom floor, Jae Su was just walking in and he stopped when he saw me.

"Nami? Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving." I said. "I terminated my contract."

"Whoa, wait what?"

"There was a scene, and I decided to leave. I have to go pack my things."

"I'll drive you," he pulled his keys out of his pocket but I shook my head.

"You're no longer my manager Jae Su. And besides, I'd like to walk and clear my head. Thank you though."

I bowed to him as well and then stepped around him to leave the building. As I started walking my actions started to clear up and I couldn't stop the tears that filled my eyes. I let them fall freely for a moment before hastily wiping them away. I had just attained my dream and was now throwing it all away. Pulling out my phone I sent out a quick text to Hyunseung that I was leaving JYP and would be spending the night at his place till I could get a bus home.

After a long walk, from my slow pace, I reached the dorms and ran up the stairs, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. In my room I grabbed my suitcase and threw in my clothes at random, not bothering to fold them. When my closet was empty I zipped up the bag and wandered over to my desk. I always kept an empty cardboard box with me and used it to throw in my song writing journals and picture frames. Opening one of the drawers I found another USB drive. 

This was one of the things that had kept me holed up in the room for so long. A birthday present to Jimin. Pulling out a sheet of paper I left another note, explaining what was on it and that Jimin could do with it whatever she pleased. I left another note to tell them that they could send anything that I'd left behind to Hyunseung's house.

Grabbing my box and suitcase I left the room and stopped in the living room. I pull out the dorm key and left it on the table. Now I could finally leave. 

Walking down the street, I felt a little ridiculous with a box and suitcase, but I ignored the neighbors' stares. I walked through the streets in a sort of daze until I reached the bus stop. Checking the schedule I realized I had just missed the bus and would have to wait a while for the next one. As I waited, I stared at the road distractedly and didn't notice the car pulling up until it honked. 

Startled out of my daze I looked up as the passenger side window rolled down revealing the worried look of Jiyong. I frowned at him and stood up to walk closer.

"Hyunseung called me, well he called everyone in Big Bang," he explained.

"Did he?" I quirked a brow.

"He said was worried but couldn't stop by, he asked us if we could pick you up. I was the only one free at the moment."

"I can take the bus."

"Munchkin, get in the car." Jiyong put the car in park and then his hazards before climbing out of the vehicle. He popped the trunk and carried my box and suitcase to the back. I reluctantly climbed into the passenger seat and rolled the window up. The car shook slightly as the trunk was closed and then Jiyong was climbing in.

"So what happened? Hyunseung wouldn't tell me that part."

"That's because he doesn't know the full story yet. I won't bombard you with the drama but short version is I started a fight with the new member."

Jiyong hissed through his teeth. "She's that bad?"

"Either that or it's all in my head."

"Do the others see it?"

"No," I murmured. "But JB told me he's suspicious of her too so I know others see it."

"But not the other girls? Not even Jimin? Why not?"

I sighed. "Cause she's only showing me her bad side."

"Why didn't you tell JYP?"

"You know how I get when I'm upset. I pull away so it looks like I'm the problematic one. At this point it's her word agaisnt mine. I thought Jimin would take my side thought but that backfired."

Jiyong pursed his lips and thankfully decided not to reply. I was done talking right now and just wanted to think. I needed to have a set plan by the time I met with Hyunseung later. I needed to be able to assure him I was okay and that I wasn't at all too bothered by this. 

I knew that I'd have to look for bus tickets back home as soon as I reached his apartment. I still had enough in my bank account to buy a one way ticket. It was my JYP account however and I didn't know when they would seize that. Or if they would. Because of this I needed to buy the ticket as soon as possible. After that I'd head home and then find a college to attend. Find a job I would like to do other than performing. Another passion.

A vibration in my pocket pulled me out of my thoughts and I scrambled for my phone. Reading the caller ID I bit my cheek and pressed ignored. It vibrated again and I was about to ignore it but saw it was a text from Hyunseung. The message contained the key code to get into the building and his apartment.

"Who was it?" Jiyong asked nonchalantly as he to Hyunseung's street. I didn't even realize we had reached the neighborhood.

"Jimin, and Hyunseung."

"You're gonna have to talk to her eventually."

"I will," I replied. "Just not now. I only just left."

Jiyong sighed and pulled to a stop. "Here we are. Do you need help carrying anything?"

I shook my head. "I should be good. Thanks for the ride."

As I climbed out of the car he popped the trunk for me and I pulled my things out. I came around to the front of the car and as Jiyong drove off I waved. When he turned the corner I started my way into Hyunseung's building. 

Jimin P.O.V

After Nami left JYP told us the next course of action. But I was still in such a dazed shock I couldn't pay attention. After a moment he dismissed us and called in the boys. As they walked past us we could see their confusion and shock as well. 

"We should get back down to the recording studio," Hyun Mi said. "I have my song samples so we can look through them together."

JYP must've told them to choose one of her songs. I nodded and the three of us made our way back to the studio. On the desk a sticky note sat next to a familair USB cord.

Semi picked up the note and read it aloud. "'You can keep the song'." 

I reached over and took the USB before putting into my pocket. "Okay, let's hear these samples, Hyun Mi."

The new member smiled and nodded before sitting down at the computer.


A/N: Hey everyoen sorry for such a long wait. November is nanowrimo so all my eforts went into that. Also for the end of Nov and beginning of Dec we were moving inour new home so no internet.

Thank you all for being so patient, I know this chapter is pretty short but I wanted to get something out for all of you! Hope you enjoyed it :)

Also my proofread was super rushed so apologies for any mistakes I missed.