Rivals

Love In The Limelight || A YG Family and JYP Nation fanfic

Semi P.O.V

It had been two weeks since Hyun Mi had joined the group. In those two weeks, Nami had locked herself in her room, when we tried to pull her out she refused, claiming this song was going somewhere. And JYP had announced to the world that KraZ was now a four membered group. The news of Hyun Mi was met with half and half reviews. Some loved her and some were hesitant to let her in on the group. However after she'd started her solo promotions to warm herself up to the fans the hesitation dispersed.

Now JYP had summoned us to ths office. Jimin sat on the phone with him, the call on speaker so we could all hear.

"I haven't heard any progress from Nami since I gave her the job of writing a song," JYP said, his tone slightly annoyed. "How is it looking to you three?"

Jimin looked towards Nami's closed door. The only time the maknae came out was to eat, shower, and run off to some place she never revealed to us. We were starting to get worried.

Before Jimin could reply, Hyun Mi spoke up. "I don't know sajangnim, I'm beginning to doubt she has anything ready. If you want, I have a few songs from my trainee period that I wrote. I'd be happy to bring them in for you to look through."

JYP sighed on the other end of the call. "Bring Nami in within the hour. Tell her to bring whatever it is she's got done. Hyun Mi, keep those songs on standby, I'll decide after I hear what Nami has."

He ended the call and Jimin automatically got up. Without knocking she opened Nami's door and barged in. I got up and followed suit, ready to play mediator if something happened. Jimin and Nami may have been super close, but they're known for their spats.

"Nami, come on. JYP asked for you. Bring whatever it is you have. He's deciding if your song is worth it." Jimin crossed her arms and stared down the younger girl. Nami looked up at her and rolled her eyes.

"Fine." She shut her laptop and got up from her desk. Her hair was knotted up and she was doning a sweatshirt and running shorts. She slipped on some athletic sandals and then weaved around us out the door. In in the living room, Nami met Hyun Mi's gaze and stiffened.

"Congrats on your Inkigayo win," she said.

"Thanks," Hyun Mi smiled, watching Nami hesitantly. No...wearily. 

Nami sighed and looked over her shoulder. "Well, are we going or not?"

--

Jimin P.O.V

At JYP's office, we all watched Nami set up her computer to the speakers and then she pressed play. The tune of the song, along with her voice filled the room. She must've been leaving the dorm to record the demo. JYP shut his eyes and leaned back in his chair as he listened closely. Nami watched him, her hands wringing themselve in front of her. Semi was bouncing her foot to the beat and she looked impressed. 

Hyun Mi watched Nami, her eyes slightly narrowed. But the latter pointedly ignored her. I had hoped that the relationship between the two would mellow out, but it seems it hadn't.

After the demo ended, JYP nodded. "I like it. We'll use it. I'll schedule recording sessions for you girls and a MV filming time."

"Ah...sajangmin, would you still listen to my songs? Just to give a fair chance."

JYP pursed his lips but shook his head. "Mianhe, Hyun Mi. I feel like this could be the best song to reinvent KraZ. Good job, Nami."

"Thank you," Nami bowed.

"You girls can go now," JYP smiled as he dismissed us. We all stood up and as soon as we exited the office, Hyun Mi turned to Nami.

"Can we talk?"

Nami stopped and refused to look at the older girl but nodded. "Yeah."

Hyun Mi turned to me and Semi, "We'll meet you guys at the dorm."

Semi and I traded looks before nodding slowly.

"Okay," I said. "See you two later then."

As Semi and I walked away, Hyun Mi and Nami took another turn to a private office. 

Semi wrapped her arm around mine and sighed. "I don't have a good feeling about this."

"It'll be fine," I reassured her, but truthfully I felt exactly the same.

--

Nami P.O.V

Hyun Mi led me to a one of the private offices and shut the door behind us. I walked around the room, and set my laptop on the table in the middle of the space. Continuing my pace I stopped only at the window. It was a windy day today and clouds blocked out the blue sky. 

"Who wrote the song?" Hyun Mi asked.

I blinked slowly and then looked over to meet her gaze. I couldn't help the look on my face that screamed 'are you stupid?'. "I did."

"Yeah right. You've been in and out of the dorm for the past two weeks. Who did you get to right the song?"

Frowning, I turned fully around and leaned against the wall, arms crossed. "Hyun Mi, I wrote the song. I've been leaving to go record the demo. When I'm in my room I'm making revisions or writing more."

"You are so full of it," she sneered.

My brows raised. "Believe what you want but I'm not going to stoop as low as to have a ghost writer. Don't get mad just because JYP didn't listen to your songs." 

Hyun Mi walked around the table to stand in front of me. "Don't let this go to your head." She jabbed my shoulder with her hand. "You think just because you get chosen all the time you're better than me?" Another jab. "You're nothing, Jang Nami." Jab. "Nothing." Jab. 

I bumped into the next wall, caged in, and met Hyun Mi's gaze squarely. "You keep painting me in this image you have in your head. I'm not letting it get to me. I'm not going around thinking I'm better than everyone. You're the one feeling insecure so you're putting it out on me." 

Hyun Mi scoffed with a smirk and leaned back, resting her hands on her hips. "You may have won this battle, but I'll win the the most important one. The claim on Jackson's heart."

I felt that little pinch of jealousy again but I couldn't give in to it. I kept my face passive and shrugged. "If you want him, go ahead."

Hyun Mi's face slackened a bit in shock. But I was done with this.

With that I stepped around her and grabbed my things before leaving the room. It wasn't until I reached the elevator that I let out my shout of frustration. It was cut short however when the machine stopped and the doors slid open. Mark and Jackson entered the elevator and smiled at me. Distracted and still slightly annoyed I only nodded in return. The doors shut and we started moving again.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked. "You look a little...worn out."

"I'm fine," I muttered.

Jackson reached out and touched my arm gently. "Are you sure? If you're not feeling well you sho-"

"Jackson," I snapped. "I'm fine." 

Jackson retracted his touch slowly and nodded in response. From the corner of my eye I saw him trade a confused look with Mark and suddenly the guilt set in. He didn't deserve to be snapped at. The elevator reached the bottom floor and opened it's doors. I hesitated and sighed before giving them a quick glance. "Sorry."

Then I stepped out and without looking back I exited the building.