Chapter 7

Rain and Sun

A/N

Okay, so I found out that the last chapter I posted had so many plot holes so please, if you haven't, before reading this update go back and read the edits I made. I should make more sense now. The characters didn't really seem to be "in character". I apologize of that. Thank you. Now onto the update.

The feeling of self-hate that consumed Sungyeol as he stared at his door was nothing compared to the abhorrence he felt for his kid brother at the moment. Having Sungjong continue to pester him about visiting was one thing but coming over to Sungyeol’s own apartment and changing his key code was unacceptable. Sungyeol sighed as he slammed his head against the door recalling the prior happenings.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo had arrived to the apartment complex after a silent and tense drive much to the dissatisfaction of Sungyeol and only added to his annoyance. Myungsoo had tried to “escape” as soon as the car was parked only to find Sungyeol already standing beside his door.

“I still have your wallet in my apartment.” Sungyeol stated with a scowl before walking to the elevator, knowing the boy would follow. The elevator ride was almost, if not more, tense than the car, it seemed like the longer the two were alone the tension only expanded. Sungyeol felt like he was being suffocated by it, somehow everything seemed to only increase his foul mood. By the time they reached Sungyeol’s floor he was ready to strangle something. He quickly typed in his key code and waited for the familiar “ding” but it never came; confused, Sungyeol reentered the code only to face the same response. His confusion was answered when he spotted a piece of paper taped sloppily to the door. Sungyeol squinted at it before pulling it off. It read:

Hyung,

I came to visit, but you we not home.

So I changed your code.

If you don’t visit home I won’t tell you what the new code is.

Love,

Your adorable kid brother

XOXO

If Sungyeol had been prepared to choke someone earlier, he could now become a self-proclaimed murderer. His brother was dead to him. He angrily ripped the note off the door and tore it to pieces, scattering its remains on the floor around him. But Sungyeol’s fury was far from over as he began taking out his anger at the door, kicking, punching, screaming; he probably looked completely insane but he didn’t care as he continued to throw a tantrum. Yet the pair of eyes boring into him made him feel uneasy. Myungsoo had not spoken once since the car ride and the silence only strengthened the incredulous stare he threw Sungyeol’s way.

“I think I’ll come back later. You seem… busy,” the boy muttered, completely pulling Sungyeol out of his rage.

“No,” Sungyeol cried, as he turned to face Myungsoo in a panic, “It’s fine.  I just got locked out of my apartment.”

Myungsoo cocked his head to the side, “Don’t you have a key?”

Sungyeol turned slightly in embarrassment, “It’s inside the room.” Neither spoke for a moment. Sungyeol didn’t want the boy to leave but he had no incentive to make him stay. Sungyeol racked his brain for possibilities while Myungsoo continued to stare at him curiously.

“Can I stay in your apartment for the night?” Sungyeol blurted out, as soon as the idea crossed his mind. Myungsoo looked taken aback by the question; wide eyed as he spluttered, “Wh-what?!”

“Well,” Sungyeol began to reason, “I can’t get into my apartment and don’t have anywhere else to go.” The boy seemed to be unaffected by this so Sungyeol continued, “Plus I did save you after you fainted, twice.” Myungsoo’s eyes flicked at the realization and Sungyeol smirked; he had captured his prey.

A terrible idea, that’s what it was, Myungsoo thought as he led the, still, unnamed man towards his apartment. This is only to repay my debt to him nothing else; Myungsoo reasoned with himself, I don’t feel empathy for him. No, it’s just to get him to go away, for good. He cautiously unlocked the door, trying to ignore the man’s presence, only to fail, as said male was basically breathing down his neck.

Once inside the apartment Myungsoo ran to the bathroom and locked the door simply calling a “make yourself at home” as he disappeared. After securely locking the door, Myungsoo slid onto the floor. Who was this man? Why did he have to enter Myungsoo’s life? The more the man appeared the more jumbled Myungsoo became. This man was the first person in years to actually try and save him. The man knew nothing about Myungsoo but he helped him. No one ever helped him. Everyone always walked right by him even when he begged for their help. Then again, maybe the man was like everyone else. Maybe he just wanted to use Myungsoo. Myungsoo felt the tears welling up in his eyes but he forced them back. His resolve should have been clear; he needed to push the man away before he could do any damage. Myungsoo couldn’t afford to get close to anyone. He stood with his resolution in mind and opened the door leading to the man.

 

The man had only been inside Myungsoo apartment for a few minutes but already he had searched though his entire living area and kitchen and was presently making his way towards the bedroom. Myungsoo stared at the man in disbelief, how could anyone have such a disregard for basic manners and privacy? Myungsoo felt like he was dealing with a child as he grabbed the man’s collar, stopping him from entering the bedroom.

“I would appreciate it if you stayed in the living area,” he stated, with a glare as he began picking up the pillows and other various items the man had tossed around. The man obeyed the command and wandered back over to the couch. Myungsoo finished replacing the cushions on the couch, only to have the man launch himself on to it in a mess of limbs. Myungsoo tried not to scream in frustration at the man’s juvenile antics.

“So,” the man started, stretching himself out comfortably on the couch, “do you have anything you need to do tomorrow?” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at the question, unsure of the intentions behind it. Not receiving a response the man continued to talk, “Well, I’m not working tomorrow and I doubt you should be after your fainting episodes.” Myungsoo nodded uncertainly. Was the man concerned about him? Myungsoo decided it would be okay for him to answer the man with words at least to something innocent enough.

“I only work part time as it is. Tomorrow is a day off.” The childish man on the couch sat up quickly and looked at him straight in the eye.

“You are only a little bit younger than me but you work part time?” Myungsoo’s eyes widened. The man not only knew his name but his age as well?

“How do you know so much about me?” Myungsoo asked, panicked. His body shook and his hands balled into fists until the skin turned white. The man just glanced at his sheepishly.

“Well, I, um… saw your identification card.” Myungsoo’s body immediately relaxed. “Here,” the man tossed something small towards him, “since I saw yours, it’s only fair.” Myungsoo looked down at his hand. In its grasp was a hard piece of plastic, better known as an identification card. On the card was a picture of the man, wearing the sincere smile Myungsoo had seen before as well as a name; Lee Sungyeol. The man’s name was Lee Sungyeol. Myungsoo dropped the card and backed away into the kitchen. No. This cannot be happening. I now know his name. There is a personal connection between people once names are established. Myungsoo wanted to scream and cry and laugh all at the same time. How could he grow to a stage with someone without even trying? How could erase the man now? The man was no longer a nameless face, no, now he was Lee Sungyeol.

“Are you alright?” A voice close to his ear brought Myungsoo out of his panic. He looked up to see Sungyeol inches away from his face; concern written on his features. A hand reached towards Myungsoo’s forehead, “Your fever didn’t return,” Sungyeol mused. Eyes met each other; one person moved forward, the other back. Myungsoo felt his back hit the wall; he was unable to retreat any further. The other kept approaching, until Myungsoo felt something press against his lips; the lips of another. Sungyeol had his lips on his. Sungyeol was kissing him.

A/N

I'm so so sorry about the last update. So this one is my apology. I hope you guys like it. :)

Also since that happened with the last chapter I am going to stick to updating once a week because I don't trust myself with anything more now.

So... my fanservice chapter... How will Myungsoo react I wonder? What about Sungyeol's cat?!

(The GIF is Sungyeol's rage)

Thank you all so much! :D

Please comment, subscribe and upvote.