Chapter 6

Rain and Sun

Despite the fact that he had a car and was capable of driving, mostly, accident free, Sungyeol chose to walk home with the chilling February air freezing the tips of his ears and nose. Something about the sun setting and casting a dim glow over the city sent his eyes to crinkle slightly as the smile he had worn almost the entire day resurfaced. Even after witnessing Myungsoo’s fainting episode and rushing him to the hospital Sungyeol’s positive mood never fell. He would see him again the next day when he was discharged and, maybe, just maybe, the boy would feel the same interest that Sungyeol felt. Although the chances were slim, Sungyeol hoped Myungsoo felt something.

The door to his apartment was only inches away when his phone rang. Sungyeol quickly reached into his pocket and answered it without a glance at the caller as he typed in his passcode.

“Hyung!” the voice on the other line yelled, “Why didn’t you answer my other calls?” Sungyeol sighed as the voice reached his ears. His kid brother always found the most inappropriate times to call.

“What is it?” he asked, quickly, taking off his tie and jacket.

“Father wants you to visit,” the voice replied.

“We work in the same building. Why did he ask you to tell me?”

“Because Father knows how you are. You would refuse if he had asked.”

Sungyeol ran a hand through his hair, “Well I still refuse.”

“Hyung,” the voice whined, “You have to come. I promised Father I would convince you.”

“And I swore I would never visit that house again, Sungjong. I won’t ever come back. I don’t want to revisit the past.”

“But-,”

“No, Sungjong. I will not return.” Sungyeol interrupted, “Now if that is all…”

After hanging up on his brother Sungyeol headed to the kitchen to prepare his dinner. If only what he ate could be called dinner; Sungyeol did not want to clean his dishes just yet so he ate uncooked ramen out of the packaging. The scowl that now graced his features only made the sight more pitiful. Overall the phone call had somehow ruined his otherwise perfect day. And if that wasn’t enough the forecast stated it would rain the next day. The entire week was apparently supposed to be filled with nothing but rain. Sungyeol pulled out his phone as sent a text to Howon, simply stating his incapability of attending work for the next week or so. The reply he received held nothing but angry words and curses, but nothing Sungyeol could see as an objection. He smiled inwardly at his success before remembering the forecast, as well as the fact he would actually have to go out in it since he had left his car at the hospital. Despite being excited to see Myungsoo again, being forced to go outside in the rain made his collapse on his couch and regret his life as he listened to his cat beg for food. Needless to say he awoke the next morning to a cat biting his hand.

 

Myungsoo awoke to the soft pitter-patter of rain against the window. Though he couldn’t see it, he could imagine the beauty of the drops and even that put his mind at ease. His ears concentrated on the sound of the rain but soon another noise overpowered it; the sound of breathing very close to Myungsoo’s ear. He turned his head to see the man from the day before leaning down towards him. Myungsoo did nothing but stare at the man with an expressionless face while the man held the same smile from before but this smile did not seem to reach his eyes.

“So you’re awake?” he muttered, before speaking louder, “You have been discharged so we can leave.” He quickly stood and handed Myungsoo the set of clothes he had worn the day before. “Change into those. I’ll be waiting outside.” The man then left without even a glance back.

Myungsoo was at a loss. This man was absolutely insane. He kept showing up and doing unnecessary things that left Myungsoo confused. He had saved him multiple times but the memories of the first time Myungsoo had awoken inside of his room kept appearing in his mind. Was the man good or bad? He took Myungsoo in when he fainted: good. He might have taken advantage of his unconscious state: bad. He knew where he worked: unknown. He took him to a hospital: good. He returned his phone and clothes: good. The good outnumbered the bad but that didn’t mean that the bad disappeared. Myungsoo would just have to stay wary around the man.

After Myungsoo was dressed he signed the release forms and headed for the lobby. The man waited for him near the front entrance, but unlike before the man now wore a scowl as he stared out at the rain. The scowl made his face look older, more mature; it contorted his features into an almost unrecognizable man. But when he finally noticed Myungsoo, his face changed back into the grin from earlier; the one that didn’t reach his eyes. He quickly ushered Myungsoo towards the elevators and to the parking garage. The man’s car held an heir of elegance that the owner lacked as the two males approached, it was not the most expensive car but it stood out even with its simple silver paint. Myungsoo just stared at it as the man opened the passenger side door for him. The hesitation was also evident in Myungsoo as he refused to enter the car. The man seemed slightly frustrated as he looked at Myungsoo.

“We live in the same apartment and I feel bad for everything, so please just get in.” the man stated with irritation.

“But I can walk home,” Myungsoo tried.                      

 “You just got released from a hospital because you fainted. You cannot go out in the rain after something like that. So please just get in.” the man’s voice was stranded as he repeated the last phrase. Myungsoo nodded at the man, whose smile was fading, as he climbed into the car.

A/N

This is my update but I feel like it doesn't make sense so I apologize for that.

I introduced Sungjong...kinda... He is Sungyeol's little brother because I don't know how else to fit him in...

Why does Sungyeol hate the rain so much? Why does Myungsoo like it? So my questions...

In the next few chapters I'm hoping to introduce the Yadong story arc and a little while later the Woogyu one. Is that okay guys?

I feel like I should a female in this story at some point...

Well in other news, HyunA had her comeback and am so happy. It was beautiful...

Oh My God!!! And L is supposed to be starring in SBS's upcoming drama!!!!! :D I hope that that means he will be the main.

Oh and poor Hoya hurt his ankle. :( I hope you get better soon.

Please comment, subscribe and upvote.

Thank you! :D