Chapter 1

Rain and Sun

Droplets pelted down from the impeding dark clouds, casting an overwhelming gloom upon the city. People hurried across the streets in frenzy eager to get to their destination, cursing the unexpected downpour, except for one. On the side of the main road one person walked slowly, leisurely strolling through the onslaught of heavy rain. His collar turned up in an attempt to protect him from the biting wind. He had no real intent on going anywhere he just simply wanted the rain to wash away his troubles.

As the boy approached the busy crosswalk his mind wandered. He thought about how pleasant the rain felt against his numbing skin. It had always helped ease the pain. He lifted his head, letting the icy droplets fall on his face stinging him as they hit. His hands that had tried to stay warm within the depths of his pockets were forced out as the boy lifted his arms up as if trying to touch the sky. His entire body was slowly being engulfed by the rain, the droplets sliding down his wrists into his once warm jacket as well as down his neck.

The wind began blowing harsher than before forcing the boy to continue on his way. He patiently waited for the light at the crosswalk to change, unlike the few others unlucky enough to get caught in this weather. The boy looked down at his hands, they were beginning to shake and he could see them slowly becoming paler. As he glanced up again at the road a car drove by at a high speed sending a giant wave of icy rain water crashing onto the already frozen boy. He gasped in surprise at the sudden sensation. The water soaked through his clothes and into his pores chilling him to the bone. The boy's teeth began to chatter and his vision slowly began to blur. His head spun making him feel nauseous. The boy quickly glanced over at the other individuals waiting at the crosswalk and noticed all of them had somehow avoided the wave. The boy felt another wave of nausea hit. He quickly his heel heading back the way he had come. 

Although it was only a five minute walk the boy almost didn't make it back to his apartment building. He pushed open the door to the building and was greeted by a sudden gust of warm air making the lightheaded boy feel weaker. He trudged through the lobby and pressed what he hoped was the “up” button for the elevator. He leaned against the wall fighting to keep his eyes open. He was still shaking as the elevator doors opened with a ding. The boy entered the elevator with heavy steps using the wall for support. The doors closed behind him. The boy turned to the floor buttons but before he could even see them properly his legs gave out. He laid on the floor of the elevator his conscious slowly leaving him but not before the elevator doors opened once more and a faint voice could be heard. 

Down did not even begin to describe how the rain made Sungyeol feel. He hated it. The rain was wet, cool and depressing. How can one accomplish tasks with such melancholy weather? For Sungyeol everything he had needed to do became unimportant as soon as he say the weather in the morning. He called into work sick, didn’t eat breakfast and moped around in his pajamas. Sungyeol truly was just unable to be proactive in the rain. His apartment was warm and bright but as soon as he glanced over at the window his mood dropped considerably. The rain just would never fit his style.

Sungyeol sighed from the nth time that day, trying to focus on the weather report hoping the rain would clear soon. His stomach was not on the same page. Sungyeol groaned as he got up to get food. He opened his refrigerator. Nothing. The cabinets. Nothing. Under the sink. Still no luck. Sungyeol cursed himself for never stockpiling food. If he ever got stuck in his apartment he would die. He glanced towards the window and exhaled, the rain was showing no signs of lifting. Sungyeol headed to his bedroom and put on appropriate clothes and then some. Coming out of his apartment wearing too many layers to be recognizable, he took the elevator down to the lobby.

Once outside, Sungyeol almost immediately turned back but the growling of his stomach stopped him. He quickly ran with determination to the nearest corner store and grabbed all the food items he believed would keep him alive for at least a week. He paid for the items and fled back to his apartment. The wind had somehow gotten severer during Sungyeol’s short time in the store, causing his face to get hit with the cold, harsh drops. He scowled as he continued his trek to the apartment building.

By the time Sungyeol reached the building his mood was completely sour. At this point anything would cause the male to snap. He pressed the button for the elevator once before becoming annoyed and pressing it another twenty times. Why is this elevator so slow?! He mentally cried. By the time the elevator had arrived Sungyeol was on the verge of punching the wall. As soon as the doors opened Sungyeol jumped inside only to feel something beneath his foot. He looked down. Sungyeol was standing on a hand and connected to that hand was a person. A person who was lying face down on the floor of an elevator. A person whose clothes were completely soaked and whose skin was too pale to be healthy. Sungyeol stared in horror at the most likely unconscious boy in the elevator. The shock did not last too long because the elevator doors closed bringing Sungyeol back to his senses. He quickly removed his foot from the boy’s hand and crouched down to get a better look at him. Not quite knowing what to do Sungyeol poked the male twice before asking a very obvious question,

“Are you alright?”

 

A/N

Um... Oh my God it's the first chapter! Was it okay? Is it too short? I guess this is more of a prologue than a chapter... I don't really know...

Please comment and subscribe. I will try to update again soon.

:D