Chapter 5

Rain and Sun

He had spoken.

True, his first words were considerably rude, but his voice held a soft trill that Sungyeol found irresistible. He wanted to hear more of the boy’s voice, the different emotions it could hold; Sungyeol wanted it all. His unknown fascination was not unusual in most aspects, yet this was the first person to catch Sungyeol’s attention in an almost obsessive way. Sungyeol wanted to know everything and anything about him. He wanted to hold him, press his lips against the boy’s and whisper sweet nothings. But he knew nothing about him; a mystery which Sungyeol planned to unravel. His eyes trailed Myungsoo’s every move as he prepared Sungyeol’s drink for the second time. Although Sungyeol found Myungsoo’s backside to be visually pleasing he wanted nothing more than to look into the dark pools of his eyes or stare at any other feature on his flawless face. When Myungsoo did finally turn to face him his face was void of emotion, similar to his I.D photo, and his eyes avoided Sungyeol’s piercing gaze. Sungyeol craved to witness the boy’s panicked expression once more, though he doubted he would be granted such a wish. Myungsoo placed the drink in front of Sungyeol and waited for him to try the new cold drink with downcast eyes. Sungyeol broke the stare he held on the boy to quickly glance at his watch. The smirk that played at his lips spelled mischief.

“Your shift just ended, correct?” Sungyeol asked casually, cocking his head to the side as his eyes bore into the younger. Myungsoo’s head shot up at this comment and his eyes widened in the panicked state Sungyeol had hoped to see once more. He opened his mouth as if to reply, yet no sound left his lips. His eyes darted from Sungyeol’s to the door to the clock before coming back to Sungyeol and his skin quickly lost what little color it held. Such a simply sentence had caused such a reaction, Sungyeol smirked. Wordlessly, he held the boy’s phone in front of Myungsoo. Understanding soon dawned on his face before it shifted back to a look of indifference.

“Sit,” Sungyeol ordered, pointing to the seat across from him. Myungsoo simply nodded as he pulled out the chair, but before he could take a seat Sungyeol spoke again, “Wait. First get the Hot Americano you made and bring it here.” Though Myungsoo seemed confused, he obeyed and hurriedly fetched the beverage. He placed the hot drink on the table before sitting down and holding his hands out expectantly. Sungyeol chuckled at the action but none the less placed the phone into the correct owner’s palms. Noticing Sungyeol had neglected to return the rest of his possessions Myungsoo sent him a puzzled look to which Sungyeol simply replied, “The rest of your things are still in my apartment so you can get them back later.” Myungsoo nodded, slowly, although he seemed hesitant. “For now,” Sungyeol continued, “let’s just enjoy our caffeine.” He motioned to the drinks in front of them. Myungsoo sighed and brought the scalding drink to his lips, Sungyeol watched intently as he sipped it, making an obvious displeased face as the liquid touched his tongue. Sungyeol smiled as he up his own drink. Myungsoo continued to take small sips as he avoided all eye contact by checking his phone. Sungyeol’s own phone suddenly began to ring, breaking the silence in the almost empty café. Myungsoo, shocked by the loud noise jumped slightly and spilled a large portion of his drink down his front. He quickly placed the mug on the table and stared at his, now, coffee stained uniform in horror. Sungyeol smiled at the new expression as he ignored the call, not checking who was calling.

His chest felt hot where the coffee had landed but Myungsoo ignored it; every other part of his body hurt as well. He just wanted to go home and sleep. His brain could hardly form coherent thoughts and everything was spinning. He shouldn’t have gone to work. He was positive at this point someone was out to get him. He was fed up with it. His head slamming into the table did not help at all, despite his jumbled thoughts convincing him it would. Myungsoo could hear the man saying something to his that sounds similar. He recalled fainting in the elevator and hearing the same concern and words,

“Are you alright?”

With his face still pressed against the table, Myungsoo shook his head. He was not alright, he was far from it. The pounding in his eyes prevented his from catching just what the man was saying but he felt his head being lifted up and a cold hand press against his forehead. Myungsoo sighed, before giving in to his aching mind and body and passing out for the second time in two days.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes felt heavy as he slowly regained consciousness. The dull ache in his head and body was the first thing he felt followed by the feel of soft sheets around him. He pried his eyes open before closing them again at the brightness that invaded them. He blinked before his eyes adjusted to the light of the room. Myungsoo was lying in a hospital bed. This alone sent off alarms in his brain but he didn’t care, he was too tired for such worries at the moment. He continued to lie still, until the curtains around his bed were disturbed. He glanced over, expecting to see a doctor, but was met with the gaze of the person who had been appearing in Myungsoo’s life much too often in the past day. He smiled at Myungsoo as if the man was happy to see him, which Myungsoo doubted. The man leaned against the wall not breaking the eye contact that Myungsoo was willingly taking part in.

“You’ll be released tomorrow,” the man stated, “they want you to sleep here.” He paused as if waiting for acknowledgement, but receiving none he continued, “You have a fever, your foot and arm are bleeding, your side is bruised and your chest as minor burns.” He listed off on his fingers. Myungsoo stared in shock; all these things had happened in the course of two days, it was almost unbelievable.

The man walked over to where Myungsoo lay and rested his hand against his forehead. Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion and the man laughed. One thing didn’t add up in Myungsoo’s mind; a question he needed an answer to.

“Why are you here?” Myungsoo asked, staring straight into the man’s eyes. The man chuckled, “No one else would watch over you so I took the job.” He stated as he walked back towards the curtain, “Now, get some rest. I’ll be back in the morning.” He gave Myungsoo one finally look before disappearing behind the curtain.

Myungsoo’s brain was on overdrive: Who was this man? Why did he behave this way? Why did his presence unnerve Myungsoo? This unknown man was trying to break his walls and it scared him. A complete stranger was turning his life around. Myungsoo felt like he was falling back into his past. He didn’t need to return to such a place. People were to be ignored, except when necessary. How can one man cause so much strife? Myungsoo didn’t even know the man’s name.

A/N

I did it! You guys get another chapter!

I have no idea what is happening in this story but oh well... What do you guys think? Is it okay? Logical? I don't know...

Oh but I think I will start updating twice a week instead of just once because I write really short chapters and the plot is going so slowly.

But on another note High School: Love On didn't air this week :(

Anyway thank you all for reading this!

Please comment, subscribe and upvote... I mean if you think this story is worth it...

:D