Press Conference

No one Else comes Close

[Please read A/N at the end of chapter] 
 

 ☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡ 
 

Leo POV 
 

 June 15 
 

“Leo, we should hurry you know how Mr. Kim gets when were ‘late’ ” Hakyeon said as I finished getting ready for the press conference. It’s been two days since we landed in Singapore, and as usual Mr. Kim was being a nuisance. Ever since we landed, he’s been doing nothing but barking orders at me and butting heads with Hakyeon. We hardly have anytime to go out and enjoy the sites. I hope Eunkwang and Kiseop can find more evidence that we can use against Mr. Kim. I want to get this over as peacefully as possible without any problems. 

I grab my phone and my wallet, as we made our way down to the lobby to meet up with Mr. Kim. Once the press conference is over, I plan on taking Hakyeon out for a night on the town. As soon as we arrived off the elevator, Mr. Kim looked like he was in a bad mood which isn’t new. 

“Leo do you know what time it is?” 

“It’s only 8:45a, we still have an 1 hour and 15 minutes until the press conference starts and it’s only 10 minutes away.” I said as I gave him an annoyed look.  

“Mr. Kim can’t we just enjoy the rest of this trip without you creating a fuss?” Yeonnie said as he rubbed his temple. 

Time is money you know and this isn't a vacation, this is business.” Mr. Kim said as we made our way to the cars. 

“Yeah, my money.” I mumbled 

“What you say Leo?” Mr. Kim said narrowing his eyes at me. 

“Nothing just thinking to myself.” I said as me and Yeonnie got in one cart and Mr. Kim in another. I got in the driver seat, as i revved up the engine and started to drive off. Hakyeon was sitting in the passenger seat looking at emails from the CEO when his phone rang. 

[A/N: Phone conversation] 

“Hello, Cha Hakyeon speaking” 

“N it’s me Eunkwang, I got some updated information on Mr. Kim. Is Taekwoon around?” 

“Yes, hold on let me put it on speakerphone” I looked over at Hakyeon and he mouth to me ‘Eunkwang is on the phone and wants to speak to you.’ I nodded as I watched him pull the phone from his ear and put it on speaker. 

“Eunkwang, how are you?” 

“I am well. I called because I found some useful information that we could use against Mr. Kim. It seems he use to manage another famous actor, a model, and a couple of musicians, but under a different alias. There wasn't enough evidence so the cases were dismissed.” 

“Is there anyway they would be willing to testify against him?” Hakyeon asked as I kept my attention on the road. 

“I had called a couple of them and are suppose to meet with them for the next couple days. They are willing to testify against him and get the justice they’ve been waiting for. But there’s still the issue of the bank account.” 

“What is it?” I asked. 

“Kiseop is currently working on seeing if he can freeze the assets in the account, since it was created at one of the banks he owns. But by doing this you won't have access to the account until this is all over. He was able to set up an account for you in your name and set it up so that the money that is usually deposited into the account Mr. Kim holds into the new one. No one else will have access to the account but you and Hakyeon.” 

“Give Kiseop my thanks.” 

“I will. I emailed all the information to Hakyeon that you’ll need. I will speak with you guys when you return to Seoul. I have an appointment with one of the recipients in a couple minutes.” He said as I parked the car into the park lot. 

“Thanks Eunkwang, we really appreciate it. Also give Kiseop our thanks a well.” Hakyeon said as he hung up the phone. We got out the car as we headed into the building for the conference. 

  ☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡ 

N POV 

  

Once Leo was done with hair and make up, and everything was set up, we made our way onto the stage. I sat on his right as Mr. Kim sat on his left. Cameras were flashing everywhere as people started to call for him. 

“Alright everyone settle down. We’d like to thank you for coming today and we’ll start with the first question.” Mr. Kim said. 

[A/N: Bold italics is the reporters] 

“Leo, can you tell us a little bit about your character?” 

“I star as an international spy, whose being set up by the agency he works for.” 

“Are you confident about your performance in this movie?” 

“I’m am very pleased with the way I have performed, but it’s not up to me if I did well or not. It’s up to my viewers.” 

“Mr. Jung, there is a rumor going around that this will be your last movie. Is this rumor true?” 

“I’ve--” 

“Leo isn’t planning on quitting anytime soon” Mr. Kim said cutting him off. I could hear all the murmurs going on around the room. I was about to speak before Leo beat me to it. 

“I have thought about taking up another profession, such as modeling or singing, but for now I will continue acting.” 

“Leo, there are also rumors of you and your assistant dating as well as photos. Care to explain.?” I tried to hide the shocked expression on my face. How did they find out? Well, it’s not like we’ve been hiding our relationship, but what if this has a negative impact on his career? Many thoughts ran through my head as i sat there staring off into the crowd. Soon i felt a hand grip mines under the table as I side glanced at Leo. 

“Those rumors are true, we started dating almost a month ago and he’s had a positive impact on my work performance.” 

“How so?” 

“Before he became my assistant, I was not getting enough sleep and nutrients that I need since my schedule was so packed. Since Hakyeon became my assistant I been getting much needed rest and nutrients. He has been working closely with the CEO to make sure I stay at the top of my game.” 

I smiled a little as the conference continued. We finished about 5 hours later, as I looked at my phone seeing it was already 3 PM. We personally thanked everyone for coming before we made our way to the car. I climbed in the passenger seat as I laid my head back closing my eyes. I opened them when I felt Taekwoon hold my hand. 

“Calm down Yeonnie, everything will be alright. They would have asked about us sooner or later.” 

“I know but I didn't think they would so soon”  

“Better to tell them now then later.” He said as he started the car. The ride was silent until we arrived back at the hotel. We made our way up to the room to start packing our stuff. Today was our last day in Singapore and I was hoping that I could spend it with Taekwoonie. But seeing as Mr. Kim won’t let us catch a break I guess we’ll have to do it some other time. I was in the middle of folding clothes and putting them in the suitcase when I heard my phone ring. I looked at the caller ID to notice Jaehwan was calling me. 

“Hello, Jae?! Is everything okay?!” 

“Calm down hyung everything is fine. I just wanted to check in and let you know everything is okay. I know how much you worry.” He laughed as I let out a sigh of relief. “Also I wanted to know if Eunkwang hyung ever got ahold of you. He called here earlier saying he need to talk to you guys.” 

“Yes he did.” 

“Okay, well I need to go. Wonsh-- I mean Ravi and I have plans.” 

“Plans?” I said smirking, not that he could see it. “This wouldn’t happen to be a date would it?” 

“D-date?! No No we’re just umm hanging out that’s all.” I could imagine him blushing on the other end of the line.  

“Have fun you two. We’ll see you tomorrow once we land. Don’t forget to come get us at noon.” 

“We won’t and have a safe trip back hyung.” 

“Thanks Jae” I said before we hung up. 

“Is everything okay?” Taekwoon said as he came wrapping his arms around me and resting his head in the crook of my neck. 

Mhmm, I think Jae might be going out on a date with Ravi.” 

“Like I said, he’s a really good guy.” 

“Jaehwan needs someone to love him. He went through a lot with his last boyfriend, and I just don't want to see him go through that again.” I sighed leaning back into his touch as he gently swayed us back and forth. 

“What do you say we sneak out of here and have a night on the town?” 

“I’d say you got yourself a deal.” I said pecking his lips. We finished packing our clothes before exiting the room. We made our way down to the lobby as I looked around the corner seeing if I could spot Mr. Kim.. It just so happens that he was at the front desk flirting with the receptionist who looked like she wasn’t going to give him the time of day. 

“Mr. Kim is at the front desk. What should we do?” I whispered to him before he looked around. He pulled me across the room to a pillar as we hid behind it. Then he pulled me behind a couch that was close to the door. Once we looked over I could see Mr. Kim standing right by the entrance.  

I gave a sigh of defeat. “There’s no way we’re getting out now. Let’s just go back to the room and watch some movies.” 

“I got an idea.” He said as he pulled out his phone dialing a number. “Hello, this is Jung Leo speaking. My manager should be in the lobby.” 

“What does he look like sir?” 

“He should be tall, short of slim, and wear a expensive Armani suit.”

He said as we poked our head from behind the couch to get her attention. Soon she noticed us before nodding. 

“Yes I see him.” 

“Could you tell him that he has an urgent phone call.” 

“Yes one moment.” I watched the girl call for him as he made his way to the desk. While his back was turned we hurried out the front door. As soon as we got out Leo thanked her before Mr. Kim spoke. “Hello?” As soon as he got on Leo hung up the phone. He grabbed my hand was we walked quickly into the crowds. 

“I can’t believe we got away.” I said laughing. Soon it was cut short by Mr. Kim yelling for us as we both ran. We found a park as we hid behind a tree. Once he ran past us and the close was clear we made our way over to the water. 

“Man that was close.” I said leaning over it. 

“We got to keep moving or else he’ll catch us.” 

How about we go on the ferry ride. He shouldn’t be able to catch us if were in the water.” I said taking his hand. I lead him over to the ferry as we paid and got on. As soon as the boat left the dock, I could see Mr. Kim walking towards the pier. We walked further back into the ferry so we would be able to see him, as he walked away. We enjoyed the night riding the ferry, eating dinner, and doing shopping. 

“You think Mr. Kim gave up on looking for us?” I said as we walked hand and hand towards the hotel. Suddenly he stopped walking as I looked at him confused. I looked where he was looking and speak of the devil. Mr. Kim was stand right in front of the hotel entrance with his arms crossed and an expression that could kill. 

And what do you two think you are doing sneaking out?” 

“It’s our last day here and we just wanted to spend some time alone to ourselves. Beside you been keeping Woonie locked up like he’s some animal.” I said as we walked by him and to the elevators. 

“We’re not done talking about this.” He said approaching us and the lift opened up. We all got on as we silently rode up to the top floor. Once we arrived and me and Woonie got to our room, as we tried to hurry and shut the door before he came barging in.  

“I told you this isn’t some vacation, this is business. Leo doesn’t have the time to be lazying around with the likes of you. He came here to do an important job and make money.” 

“Yeah, money that he doesn’t even get to see. If Leo, makes so much money then how come he doesn’t have access to any of it. Do you know that what your doing is against the law Mr. Kim.” 

“Leo, you haven’t tamed your little ‘’ yet?” 

“MR. KIM YOU APOLOGIZE TO HAKYEON RIGHT NOW!!” We both looked at him shocked before Mr. Kim regained his composure. 

“I don't have time to deal with you guys. I have a very important appointment i need to attend to. You better be ready bright and early in the morning for our flight.” He said as he left the room. i swear that guy has got it coming to him. 

“Yeonnie are you alright?” He said as pulled me into his arms. 

“I’ll be fine once we rid the world of that lying piece of sh-- I mena scum.” 

“Once we’re back in Seoul tomorrow, we’ll meet with Eunkwang and see if we got enough for a solid case. For now we just have to play our parts and be patient.” I nodded as I laid my head onto his chest. I could feel him kiss the top of my head as I tried to forget everything that just happened and focused on bring Mr. Kim down. 

  ☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡ 

June 16  

The next day 

Ravi POV 

I was standing at hyungs gate as I waited for them to arrive. Last night I took Ken out to a nice romantic dinner, as we ended the night at his beach house lying under the stars. Minutes later I could see Taekwoon hyung looking around before I waved to him. 

“Hyung over here!” I yelled as he looked over and made his way towards me. “ Did you guys have a nice trip and a safe flight?” 

“The trip wasn’t that great since we were caged up like animals, but we at least got to snuck out and enjoy ourselves.” Taekwoon hyung said as we all walked towards the baggage claim. 

“Ravi where’s Jae?” Hakyeon hyung asked. 

“Oh, he’s at your place resting. He had to work late at the club last night, so i didn't wake him and came alone. I figured he needed his rest since he didn’t get back til 5am.” 

“He really should quit his job at that club. Some of the guys who go there are pretty dangerous and I just don't want anything to happen to him.” He said as we grabbed their bags and headed to the car. Once the bags were loaded and everyone was in. I revved up the engine and drove off. “Kiseop and Eunkwang hyungs are suppose to be coming over today.” 

“Really? That’s great, don’t we got a story for them.” Hakyeon hyung said as he leaned back in his seat. Soon we arrived back to Hakyeon hyung and Jae’s apartment. I helped them with their bags as we made our way to their floor. Once inside, I could smell something in the kitchen. 

“Jae we’re back” i said as I made my way to the kitchen. Jae was standing at the stove frying up some kimchi fried rice. 

“Ravi, why didn't you wake me up?” He said as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He tensed up a little before continuing what he was doing. “You got in pretty late last night and I wanted you to get some rest. And I told you call me Wonshik.” I said as I left light kisses on his neck. 

“W-wonshik s-stop or I’ll burn the f-food.”  

“I knew you two were dating.” Hakyeon hyung said as he leaned on the kitchen doorway. Jae jumped a little as he was put the rice into bowls but did not spill a drop. 

“H-hyung, I can explain.” Jae said trying to defend himself. 

“I’m happy for you Jae. It’s about time you moved on.” He said as he gave Jae a motherly smile. We all sat down and ate before there was a knock at the door. 

“That’s probably them.” Jae said as he got up and answer the door. Soon both Kiseop and Eunkwang entered the room as Jae offered them something to eat before they declined. 

“I have good news guys.” Eunkwang said as he leaned on the counter. “I got statement from all the victims and I believe we have a solid case against him. 

“I managed to get the account frozen and every changed to deposit in the new account. I’m already in the process of having your card made for you both. Also I managed to dig up record of all the transaction that have been made since you stated in this business till now as well as receipts. That should be enough to get him convicted.” Kiseop said 

“That’s wonderful news.” Hakyeon hyung said as he looked at Taekwoon hyung. 

“When do you think we can take him to trial?” 

“As soon as we all take with the CEO of the company. It’s wise for him to know what’s all going on.” 

“I can set up a meeting with him now. Me and Woonie are suppose to check in with him once we get settled in.” 

“Then we’ll join you.” We finished up our breakfast as we got ready to head to Jellyfish. We made our way up to the top floor and into Mr. Hwang’s office. 

“Hello Leo, N, Ravi, and Jae are here as well.” He said greeting us as he noticed the other two. “Mr. Seo, Mr. Lee I wasn’t expecting to see you here.” 

“Please just call me Eunkwang.” 

“Kiseop.” They said as we shook hands. 

“Is there a problem?” 

“Yes, Mr. Hwang. I was contacted by Hakyeon’s friend Jaehwan about a discrepancy with one of your employees.” 

“What seems to be the problem?” 

“ Taekwoon is planning on suing Mr. Kim.” Kiseop said sitting on the couch crossing his legs. 

“Suing him? For what?” 

“Violation of Child Labor laws, Embezzlement of Taekwoon’s money, and Theft.” 

“I understand from what I’ve heard form Taekwoon and Hakyeon is that Mr. Kim has been Leo’s manager since he was 16.” 

“Yes, that is correct.” 

“Well it seems that Mr. Kim as been violating child labor laws by making Mr. Jung do overbearing work and almost costing him his education. Leo was overworked and malnourished for the past 6 years before Hakyeon came.” 

“I knew he looked tired but I thought it might have been form all the stress.” I watched Mr. Hwang and Eunkwang  go back and forth before Kiseop spoke. 

“About the Theft and embezzlement charge, I have records that show Mr. Kim making unauthorized purchase with Mr. Jung’s money. Also the account that hold Mr. Jungs funds is being controlled by him. Leo doesn’t have access to any of the money he earns. Mr. Kim as been giving him a ridiculously low amount of money to help for his daily living.” Kiseop said as Mr. Hwang picked up the papers as he shifted through them. I watched his expression changed with each paper that passed. 

“I had no idea this was going on. Leo why didn’t you tell me?” 

“I wanted to be I was afraid if I did Mr. Kim would do something.” Taekwoon hyung said. 

“We thought that if he told or confronted Mr. Kim about it that he might move the funds and then Leo hyung will never have access to them.” Jae said 

“What’s going to happen?” 

“They are going to take him to court. You won’t be affected by this because as we see it you knew nothing about the incident. Also Leo isn’t the first person Mr. Kim managed. There are a couple other people who are stepping forth to testify against him. He had been managing other people with a different alias.” Eunkwang said as he got up. Mr. Hwang got up and shook both their hands thanking them for coming. He promised not to say anything until the trial had began. We all exited his office as we seen Mr. Kim leaving in a very expensive car.  

Enjoy the luxury you can because before you know it. It will all slip away.  

  ☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡ 

[A/N] : Hey everyone. First off I want to apologize for updating so late. A lot has been going on with the remodel in our house that just finished last month and running errands for everyone. I think everything has calmed down and I apologize agina for the late update. I would like to thank all my readers who read and subscribe to my stories and still here. I greatly appreiciate it. Again I'm sorry please comment and subscribe.