4

Unknowingly Living With My Boss

WARNING: I didn't proofread this. Sorry for any mistakes/typos!


When I arrived at my apartment, there was a pleasant surprise waiting for me. Yuri was already waiting outside with a black puppy. OHMYGOD SHE LOOKS SO CUTE SITTING OUTSIDE AND PLAYING WITH THAT PUPPY OHMYGOD BREATHE JESSI BREATHE.

I cleared my throat to get her attention.

“Oh hey. I didn’t see you there.” Yuri stood up from the ground and dusted her jeans. She looks so adorable and chic today.

Her puppy however didn’t seem that pleased with my presence. It kept barking at me. That better be a stray puppy. Ain’t gonna let a devil be living in my apartment.

“Ginger, quiet! Sit!” Yuri ordered the puppy and it obeyed her orders by sitting down on the floor.

“I’m sorry. I was from Tiffany’s shop. I didn’t realize the time.” I apologized while I unlocked the door.

“It’s ok. I didn’t wait for long. I hope you don’t mind that I have brought Ginger to stay with me.“ Yuri pointed to the devil. Oh God. Why?

Then she gave me this apologetic smile that made her look so ing charming, my insides melted. “It’s ok. I’m fine with that. I love dogs.” Lies. I love cats. I hate dogs.

“Great!” She bent down and picked a large box up. I saw that she still has a backpack and laptop bag left; I decided to help her out.

Yuri made her way to her new room to place all her belongings. Devil, who was tailing her, made its way to her bed and snuggled on the pillows.

“Where do you want me to place these?” I asked her while showing the backpack and laptop bag.

“Just place it on the table. Thank you.”

After placing the two bags, I stood at her bedroom door like an awkward turtle while she sets up what seems like a Girls’ Generation shrine. Tiffany was right about her being a fan of GG.

“Um, I’m just gonna let you settle down. I’ll be in the living room if you need anything.” I was about to leave her room when she called out my name.

“Jessica?”

“Yeah?”

“Have you had dinner?”

“Um no.”

“Oh. Are you planning to make some?”

Ok this is awkward. I rubbed my nape and I felt my face heating up. A part of me wanted to admit that I can’t cook but another part of me refuses to look like an idiot in front of her.

“Umm, yeah. Yup. Yup. Totally gonna make dinner now. Yup.” Someone stab me right now.

“Alright. I’ll help you out after I’m done unpacking.” She smiled that charming dimpled smile again. MY OVARIES!!!!

 

*

 

I’m staring at my fridge right now. Well let’s see. We have some bacon, eggs, butter, maple syrup, instant pancake mix, kimchi, beer, red bull, water, soda, more beer and soju.

I.Am.So.Dead.

Well I have some instant cup noodles. I don’t think Yuri will mind.

 

*

 

“Hey Jessica. How are you doing?” Yuri peered into the kitchen with Ginger in her arms.

“Um, I hope you don’t mind instant cup noodles?” My face was so hot I swear you could fry an egg on it.

“Lemme guess. You can’t cook?” I shook my head.

“Why didn’t you say so? I can totally cook! My friends don’t call me Chef Taeng for no reason!”

Wait what? “Chef Taeng?”

“Hmm?”

“Why do your friends call you Chef Taeng?” I asked, completely puzzled. Taeng sounds like a nickname.

“Because I can cook well?”

“But isn’t your name Kwon Yuri? Where did Taeng come from?”

“Uh-uh-uh. You-you know. That famous Chef Taengoo. Yeah. I got that nickname from her.”

Ok that’s weird I don’t remember any chefs by the name of Taengoo. But screw that. She was now looking at my fridge.

“Jessica, I think we need to go grocery shopping. Badly.” She said as she looked up from the fridge.

 

*

 

We were in the mart nearby my apartment. We were pretty quiet and only talked when Yuri had to ask if I had any brand preferences. We were walking down the cereal aisle.

“What kind of cereal do you like?” She asked.

I grabbed a box of fruity pebbles and fruit loops and placed them in the cart.

“So you prefer kids’ cereal. I’ll keep that in mind.” She teased and my face instantly felt hot again. Damn it.

We walked towards the vegetable section.

“Are you allergic to anything?” Yuri asked as she picked out a few vegetables.

“Cucumbers, raw salmon, apples and pears.”

“Cucumbers? Apples? Pears?” She placed the vegetables she chose in the cart and looked at me surprised.

“Yeah. I know it’s weird.”

“Hmm. Well I’m allergic to nuts. My previous secretary got me cereal bars with nuts before and I almost died.”

Now it was my turn to stare at her in shock.

“So no nuts for me, ok?” She reminded me before walking off with the cart to the meat section. I was more surprised that she had a secretary before becoming one.

 

*

 

We went home after we were done with the shopping. Yuri quickly made dinner while I kept the stuff we bought. Things were pretty awkward for us two. I mean, what do you expect. We barely know each other.

I was done keeping the groceries and seeing that she was almost done cooking, I decided to set up the table. She had made pasta for us since we were both in the mood for some Italian cuisine.

“Aaaaand dinner is served.” Yuri placed a bowl of pasta in front of me and gave that charming dimpled smile again. My ovaries. Gone.

We dug in and it was silent for a while.

“So Jessica, tell me more about yourself.”

For some unknown reason, I felt like I was being interviewed.

I wiped the sides of my mouth and cleared my throat a little.

“Well I’m 25. I was born and raised in America. I have an annoying younger sister who is 20. I’ve worked for Elle magazine before.”

“Hmm. Well I’m 25 too. I was born and raised in Korea. I have an older brother and a younger sister. I’ve worked for MAXIM Korea before but decided to work for my best friend, Kim Taeyeon, the executive editor of NEON magazine.”

“Why the sudden decision to be a personal assistant?” I was extremely curious.

“Personal reasons. I’m sorry.” She replied curtly, cutting short the conversation. Damn this girl. The next thing I know, she was done with her pasta and was already washing her plate at the sink.

“Goodnight Jessica. I hope we will be able to get along well. I would like to ask for a small favour. Is it ok if you don’t mention that I’m your roommate in the office?”

“Su-sure. Why not.”

She gave me a small smile and a small bow. Then she was out of the kitchen. Well what an awkward first night. 


Sorry for any mistakes/typos. Didn't proofread this. 

In a hurry because my laptop is dying and guess who doesn't have a charger? 

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote. 

LUB CHUUUUU