1

Unknowingly Living With My Boss

Finally the last box has been unpacked and my apartment is finally neat and tidy. Krystal will be so proud of me. But there was this horrible stench. I sniffed the air. Damn, it’s smelly. I tried to find the source of the stench but it seems that it’s everywhere. Then I sniffed myself. Holy !! I stink!

I didn’t even realize I was sweating this much. Urgh damn weather. Why is it so hot today? I pouted.

Oh hey wassup. I’m Jessica Jung Sooyeon, 25 years young. Yes, young because I’m not old. Now where was I? Right. My introduction.

I’m Korean-American, born and raised in America but I’m a full Korean. My family decided to move back to Korea since my parents wanted to settle down and live in the countryside. However, since finding a job for myself is a little difficult in the countryside, I have to come to Seoul to get a job.

Well coming to Seoul to get a job means I have to rent my own apartment. Renting my own apartment means a load of money coming out of my pocket each month. Since my parents want me to be an independent woman, I have to pay for my own rent. And because I’m living alone, I don’t have anyone to split the rent with.

Not only do I have to pay for my own rent, living alone means I have to cook for myself. Guess what’s the awesome part? I can’t cook. This means I’ll have to buy takeout everyday. OH AND LET’S NOT FORGET THE HOUSE CHORES. I’M HORRIBLE AT HOUSE CHORES. I deserve a round of applause, really.

But oh well, troubles aside, for now, I’m going to shower and get some ice cream at that ice cream parlour nearby to cool myself down.  

 

*

 

“Welcome to Brain Freeze!”

I heard someone yell from behind the counter. Lol whut. What kind of name is that? Oh well, I need something cooling and this shop is freezing cold, something I really like. I walked up to the counter to check out the flavours they have.

“Hello there. You’re new here huh?”

“Hi, ” I looked at her nametag, “Tiffany. Yeah, I’m pretty new here.”

Ok I’ll be honest; I want everything on their menu.

“I knew it! I haven’t seen you around before and you look like you can’t decide which flavour to get. Want me to suggest some for you?”

I merely nodded my head, not wanting to be rude.

“Well our cotton candy flavour is pretty good. One of our best-sellers.”

“Really? Well then I’ll give it a try.”

So while I patiently waited at the counter, the door to the parlour was swung open.

“What do you mean you’re kicking me out?” Oh hey this shorty looks cute.

“What about Ginger? What about my dookong army? What about my plushies? WHAT ABOUT MY GIRLS’ GENERATION SHRINE?”  Cute girl was now yelling on her phone while her free hand was grabbing her hair out of frustration.

“Urgh fine! I’ll pick up my things later after work. No, I’m not having ice cream now. I’m in my office.” I had almost fallen off the stool I was sitting on. This girl is so bad at lying.

Oh oh . She’s looking my way. I pretend to be interested in the cup of ice cream Tiffany had just given me.

“Hey Tiff. Can I have my usual?” Cutie made her way to the stool next to me.

“Rough day?” Tiffany asked after placing a cup of cotton candy and mint flavoured ice cream in front of cutie.

“My parents kicked me out and I don’t have a place to stay now.” My ears instantly perked up.

“Hi. I don’t mean to eavesdrop, but you’re next to me so it’s impossible for me to not have overheard your conversation. Are you looking for a place to stay? I’m renting an apartment nearby and I’m looking for a roommate.”

Cutie was now eyeing me from head to toe. Ahh~ she must be thinking I’m a creep. Alright, time to make an escape.

“U-uh. It’s ok. I’m just gonna make a move now.” I stood up and hung my head low. That’s so embarrassing Sooyeon, so ing embarrassing.

“Hey wait!” Someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around and there cutie was looking all shy, “Can I have your number? In case I can’t find a place.”

“S-sure.” I grabbed a napkin and a pen and wrote my number down, oh and my name too.

“Thank you.” Cutie gave a small bow.

“No problem. You can call me anytime, cutie.” Oh . That last part was supposed to be said in my mind damn it. . Damn it Sooyeon, there goes a possible roommate.

I walked out of the parlour awkwardly and made my way home. Time to hide under the covers and shut the world out. 


There you go! The first chapter! :D

Comments would be highly appreciated. :D