2

Unknowingly Living With My Boss

I stared at the pile of things in the corner of Tiffany’s living room. I had brought along Ginger, my dookong plushie, two luggage bags filled to the brim with my clothes, my backpack that has my medications oh and not forgetting, half of my Girls’ Generation shrine. Well of course there were more stuff that I have to get from my parents’ house but I guess that will have to wait till I have settled down.

Tiffany had been kind enough to allow me to stay at her place for a few days till I can find a decent apartment to rent. Which I am hoping will be soon because I cannot stand being in the same house with a loudhailer and a couple.

Trust me, I love my best friends but there’s something called patience and tolerance. And believe me, even though my name literally means calm, I am far from that.

You’re probably wondering who am I, right? Tsk. Creepy. Well hello there. I’m Kim Taeyeon, Executive Editor for NEON magazine. I’m 25 years old and I’m y, free and single and I’m ready to bingo uh huh.  Well ok, I’m not that y but I’m free and single.

You’re probably wondering why I got kicked out of my parents’ house, right? Tsk. Double creepy. Well, my parents thought it’s time for me to grow up and be independent or as how my dad had said it, “We want you to be free like a bird.”

So here I am, sharing an apartment with my three best friends since high school. You have met Tiffany; she’s the creepy eye-smiling loudhailer who owns Brain Freeze. Then there’s Yoona and Yuri who can’t seem to get their hands off each other. Yuri is my personal assistant and Yoona is a writer for NEON magazine.

Oh and let’s not forget that the YoonYul couple is basically two horndogs who seems to have every single second of the day. Seriously, I have caught those two having in the bathroom in my office, on their tables at the office, on the dining table, in the printing room, you name a place, I’m sure they have done it there.

A pillow hit my face. “YAH! TIFF!”

“You were spacing out.” She answered nonchalantly and offered me a spoon. “Ice cream?”

I can never say no to ice cream so I snatched the spoon from her.

“So, how long are you gonna stay here for?”

“Are you trying to kick me out?”

“No you idiot. The girl at Brain Freeze offered you a place and I know you can’t stand being near those horndogs.”

“I don’t know Tiff. Should I ask her?”

“Well, no harm in calling her and checking her place out. I’m sure she won’t mind having you over. She was checking you out the whole time you were on the phone.”

The spoon and my jaw dropped. Tiffany wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. Well I must say, the girl was pretty hot and those s. Oh God. Those melons were huge.

“What are you waiting for? Call her!” And my phone was shoved to my face.

 

*

 

“So you live alone?” I asked, wanting to confirm again that Jessica (I found out her name after realizing she had scribbled her name below her number)

“Yup. That’s why I’m looking for a roommate.”

“But why this neighbourhood? I heard the rental is pretty expensive.” I wasn’t judging her or anything, I was just curious.

“Well, it’s nearby my workplace.”

“Oh really? It’s nearby mine too. Where do you work?”

“I’m working at NEON magazine as a writer. My first day will be next Monday.”

My jaw had almost dropped. Holy ing . I cannot be living with a colleague moreover a subordinate.

“Where do you work?”

. Think Taeyeon think!

“Uh, what a coincidence! I work at NEON magazine too!” I made a mental note to ask Tiff to slap me when I get home.

“Wow! We’re gonna be colleagues then! Are you a writer?”

“Uhhh,” . I can’t say I’m a writer. Arghhh. “I’m the executive editor’s personal assistant.”

“Woah. That’s scary.” Oh yeah. If only you knew that I’m your executive editor and that I’m the one who can either make or break you.

“Well not really. Oh look at the time! I have to go!” RUN TAEYEON RUN! I ran to the door.

“Wait!!” WHY IS SHE CHASING AFTER ME?? “So, are you gonna be my roommate?”

I froze. Dammit. I have to choose: loudhailer and horndogs or subordinate?

“Y-yes.” Whut.

“AWESOME!” And she pulled me in for a hug. Ooo I can feel her s against my body. Wait what. “When will you be moving in?”

“T-tomorrow?” I have no idea where are all these answers coming from. I need to stop talking.

“Great! Hey, I didn’t get your name.”

I didn’t even hesitate to answer her. “Yuri. Kwon Yuri.”

“Well I’ll see you tomorrow, Yuri.”

my life. Someone just kill me now.


Hello there! 

Woah I didn't expect the response to this fic to be this good. 

127 subscribers and 20 upvotes. WOW.

Thank you! Really! 

I hope this chapter didn't disappoint any of you readers.

I welcome constructive criticisms~