Nine

L♥VE HXTE

Mark couldn’t stop staring at Jinyoung who’s sitting at the front of the class. He wondered what’s wrong with the guy…it’s been a few days since the last cheating incident and Jinyoung is completely ignoring him. He tried to provoke Jinyoung several times but Jinyoung would just stared at him and do nothing, instead of the usual nagging and getting mad. Somehow, that bothered him to the bone.

            “Dude, can I ask you something?” Jackson said as the teacher went out of the class.

            “What?” Mark answered without even looking.

            “Is something wrong?”

            “No…”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Uh huh…”

Jinyoung could feel a pair of eyes burning a hole at the back of his skull. He ever so slightly turned his head and caught a glimpse of Mark staring at him.

*Why would he staring at me? I didn’t do anything to upset him…* he wondered.

            “What’s going on with you and Mark? I could see that he’s been staring at you for days now…” Jaebum said sitting at the edge of his desk.

            “I dunno…all I did is just ignoring him…”

            “Maybe that’s why…” Jaebum smiled, scratching his chin like old detectives in 50s movies.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Nothing…so, you wanna hangout after school today?”

            “Don’t you have to babysit?” Jinyoung cleared his books away.

            “My mom went to my grandma’s and she took Jaein with her so I’m free…”

            “Cool…”

*******************************

Mark came back home and heard noises coming from the backyard. He went over and saw Jinyoung with Jaebum playing soccer together.

            “Come and get it Jinyoung ah…I thought you’re the better soccer player between us…” Jaebum said, dribbling the ball. Jinyoung tried to steal the ball away but Jaebum blocked him away.

            “I had the ball just now but you cheated…” Jinyoung tried his best to steal the ball away but failed.

            “I don’t cheat! You’re the one who didn’t pay attention…”

            “Yaa!”

Mark stared at the two for a while. Seeing Jinyoung all smiles and happy with Jaebum send a sense of uneasiness to him.

            “Oh…it’s Mark…” Jaebum stopped and saw Mark at the door. “Hey Mark…” he waved.

            “Hey…” Mark answered shortly before turned around and left.

            “It’s goal!” Jinyoung screamed in delight. “Jaebum ah…you owe me a lunch tomorrow…”

            “Says who?”

            “It’s a bet…who ever score the goal win and I believe I just did…” Jinyoung jumped around Jaebum gloating his win.

            “Yea, yea…whatever…” Jaebum pushed Jinyoung away.

Night…

Jinyoung walked into his room and it was like ship wreck. Mark’s clothes scattered everywhere as if he deliberately doing it so Jinyoung would get mad.

*Just calm down Jinyoung ah…there’s no use picking a fight with childish guy like him…* he muttered under his breath while picking up the clothes one by one.

Mark came and saw Jinyoung. He just stood at the door watching in silent. Jinyoung turned around and their eyes met. He just put Mark’s clothes on his mattress and went to his bed.

            “Why won’t you say anything?” Mark finally said. He was going out of his mind with Jinyoung’s behaviour.

            “Huh?” Jinyoung looked at him.

            “All the mess…you always nagged and whined at me…what’s with the sudden silent treatment?”

            “Well…I guess there’s no use wasting my energy on something trivial that I’ve expected from a childish 19 year old…” Jinyoung shook his head and got under the covers, getting ready to sleep.

Jinyoung’s words felt like a slap across the face for Mark. He spend the whole night thinking about what makes him hates Jinyoung so much all these years.

Next morning…

Mark woke up and saw Jinyoung still soundly asleep on his bed. Half of his shirt rode up exposing his flat sculpted abs and Mark couldn’t take his eyes off it.

*Get your head straight Yi-En ah! Why are you looking at him?* he mentally slapped his face.

He quickly grabbed his towel and head to the bathroom. After a quick shower, he got out and found Jinyoung was undressing and Mark tried his best not to look over at him.

At school…

            “Ok…listen, I want your work on my table before noon tomorrow…any late submission will have their mark deducted…class dismiss…” Ms. Gina said and she left the room.

            “Jinyoung ah…you ok?” Jaebum asked.

            “I dunno…my head feels kinda heavy…” Jinyoung sighed. He closed his eyes and laid his head on the table.

            “Let me see…” Jaebum put his palm on Jinyoung’s forehead. “You’re running a fever…let’s get you to the nurse’s office…”

            “Do I have to?” he pouted.

            “C’mon you big baby…”

Mark watched as Jaebum hauled Jinyoung to his feet and walked out.

            “What was that about?” Jackson whispered.

            “I dunno…” Mark eyes followed the two and he was worried at Jinyoung’s somewhat pale face.

Jaebum ran towards the nurse’s office and saw Mark coming out from the room, walking to the opposite direction.

*What is he doing there?*

He walked into the room and saw Jinyoung waking up.

            “Hey man…”

            “Hey…” Jinyoung answered groggily.

            “You okay?” Jaebum felt Jinyoung’s forehead and the fever is gone.

            “Yeah…sleep is all I need…”

            “I’ll go get something for you to eat…”

When Jaebum left, Jinyoung found a bottle of banana milk on the side table. A small note came with it.

~Get Better~

*Jaebum always knows my favourite…* Jinyoung happily smiled and slurped down the milk.

10 minutes later Jaebum came back with sorts of bread.

            “I don’t know which one you want so I get everything they got at the cafeteria…” Jaebum put the bread on the bed.

            “Thanks…and by the way, I love the banana milk…”

            “Banana milk? What banana milk?” Jaebum tore the bread wrapping and handed the bread to Jinyoung.

            “The one you left on my table…”

            “I don’t left any banana milk for you…”

            “Then who did?” Jinyoung frowned, thinking.

            “Maybe one of your secret admires…” Jaebum smiles, and the images of Mark flashes in front of him.

            “Why are you smiling?”

            “Nothing…”

Meanwhile…

Mark walked back and forth thinking about Jinyoung. When he saw Jinyoung sleeping just now at the nurse’s office, he felt something strange happening to him. The sight of Jinyoung alone sent tingling sensation inside his stomach and it never happened before…and that scared the hell out of him.

*What’s happening to me? Why would I feel this way? It’s Jinyoung for god’s sake…and I’m supposed to hate him…do I really hate him?*

 

 

Another update!

Happy reading and don't forget to flood the comment box! It made my day reading your comments...

ANNYEONG!!!!