Four

L♥VE HXTE

               “For real Jinyoung ah?” Jaebum widened his eyes in disbelief.

              “Why would I lie to you? I can’t believe that jerk is the son of the man my mom was seeing…”Jinyoung sighed and laid his head on the table.

Last night event probably the most twisted things that ever happened in his life.

Flashback

Jinyoung couldn’t hide his shock.

              “You? What are you doing here?” Jinyoung looked at Mark.

              “Me? I could ask you the same thing…”

              “You boys knew each other?” Raymond asked. He looked at the equally confused Misuk at the end of the table.

              “We went to the same school…” Mark answered.

              “It’s good then…c’mon…we should order something…Ray and I are getting hungry…I’m sure you two are too…”

Jinyoung nudged Mark’s shoulder and went to his mother’s side of the table. The dinner turned out to be a staring showdown between the boys.

              “Is something going on between the two of you?” Raymond asked, glancing at Mark and Jinyoung.

              “No…nothing…” Jinyoung shook his head. “We’re just still in shock…”

              “As if…”

Jinyoung stepped on Mark’s toes and he winced.

              “Yi-En ah…what’s wrong?” Misuk asked. “Is the food too spicy?”

              “No…the food is fine…” Mark glared at Jinyoung who pretended as if nothing had happened.

End of Flashback

              “So what are you gonna do now?” Jackson asked.

              “Nothing I guess…my dad loves his mom…even if I hate him, there’s nothing could change that…”

              “Looks like Jinyoung and you gonna be step brothers then…”

              “I must’ve done something bad in my previous life…what kind of twisted fate is God playing on me right now…” Mark sighed.

              “Chill dude…maybe this time you could make peace with him…once and for all…” Jackson patted Mark’s back.

              “With that brat? I don’t think so…”

Then…

              “Hey look, your step brother is here…” Jackson nudged Mark’s arm.

Mark looked at the door and saw Jinyoung walked into the class with Jaebum behind him. Their eyes met for a second but he quickly diverted his gaze away.

              “Your future step brother is here…” Jaebum giggled.

              “It’s not funny!” Jinyoung glared.

              “Who would’ve known…two biggest enemy gonna be reunited again as brothers…that only happened in a novel don’t you think?”

              “Shut up!” Jinyoung pushed Jaebum’s side.

              “Cheer up Jinyoung…” Jaebum hooked his hand around Jinyoung’s shoulder. “Maybe you use this to become friends again with Mark…”

              “Only when hell freezes over…”

              “Don’t say it too early Jinyoung ah…I’m afraid if you might actually like him eventually…”

              “Jinx!” Jinyoung frowned.

He took his seat at the front and his head can’t seem to stop thinking about Mark for some reason.

*********************************

              Mark watched as the two older couple walked in front of him. He never saw his father this happy before and the fact that his enemy’s mother the reason behind that was still mind boggling to him.

              “I wonder why they would drag us along to their date…” Jinyoung sighed. He wanted to spend the evening curled up in his bed playing games but his mother insisted that he come to their outing, leaving him alone with Mark…which the last thing he wanted to do.

              “Don’t ask me…I don’t want to be here either…” Mark said glancing at Jinyoung.

              “Who would’ve thought…my mom and your dad end up being together…”

              “Yeah…it’s a twisted fate for sure…”

              “I bet…”

Their eyes met and they quickly diverted their gaze away. They were walking when Jinyoung saw girl walking backwards and almost tripped on the path divider.

              “Hey be careful!” he shouted and ran towards the girl. He quickly grabbed the girl’s waist and preventing her from falling down.

              “Careful…” Jinyoung said and walked away after making sure the girl was okay.

              “Thank…thank you oppa…” the flustered girl replied before going back to her group of friends. Giggles were heard and when Jinyoung turned around to look, they waved at him.

Mark just watch in fascination…he never thought that Jinyoung could move swiftly like that…

              “What?” Jinyoung said when he felt that Mark was staring at him.

              “Nothing…” Mark shrugged off his shoulder.

              “That’s new…you always have something to say about me…” Jinyoung said.

              “Hey you two…c’mon…let’s go grab something to eat…” Ray called the boys over.

Later….

              “Actually…there’s something we need to tell the both of you tonight…” Ray said after they finished their dinner and having ice cream for desserts.

              “And we made this decision after thinking a lot about it…” Misuk said looking at the boys in front of her.

              “Ma, is something wrong? Don’t tell me that you’re pregnant or something…” Jinyoung stared at his mother.

              “No…it’s nothing like that…”

              “Since the wedding is three months away…we decided that all of us should move in together into a better, larger house…” Ray said drawing gasps from both Mark and Jinyoung.

              “What? Move in together?” Mark said.

              “Yeah…we gonna family sooner or later so we might as well live together from now on…so, what do you think?” Ray asked.

Mark and Jinyoung looked at each other.

              “Don’t you think it’s too soon?” Mark finally said.

              “Yeah…” Jinyoung actually surprised that he agreed with Mark for the first time.

              “I mean…you guys haven’t tied the knot yet…what will everyone else say then?”

              “We’ve talked about that seriously, we don’t even care…Misuk and I think that this is the right thing to do…it’s a chance for the both of you to bond as brothers…” Ray said holding Misuk’s hand tightly.

              “Um…can you excuse us for a sec then?” Mark got up and pulled Jinyoung with him, dragging the guy to the outside terrace of the café.

              “What was that about?” Jinyoung snapped his wrist from Mark’s grip. “You could’ve just asked instead of dragging me like some cow for field work…”

              “I’m not here to argue with you…it’s about this moving in thingy…”

              “What about it? Seems like our parents already made up their mind…”

              “And you’re okay with it?” Mark stared.

              “As much as I don’t want to be under one roof with you anywhere in this world…I guess this is something that we can’t avoid…let’s just go with it…” Jinyoung said looking at Mark.

              “I don’t agree to this…I think it’s a bad idea…”

              “Too bad then…”

              “Are you for real?”

              “Look, I just want my mom and your dad to be happy even it means having you as my next door neighbour…now, we’re done talking and have ice cream to finish…” Jinyoung walked away.

*I’ll make sure you’ll regret this…* Mark said in silent. He was sure that he didn’t have to live with Jinyoung this early.