Twenty-Four

L♥VE HXTE

Jinyoung leaned against the wall with tears streaming down his eyes. He looked at the red light on the emergency room hoping it will be off soon. He can’t bear the thought of his mom being hurt or left him for good.

            “Babe…everything gonna be fine…” Mark’s words failed to calm him down. He knew this was partly his fault. None of this would happen if he didn’t be so damn greedy.

            “It’s my fault…” he said with his head between his legs.

            “No…it’s not…babe, look at me…” Mark lifted Jinyoung’s face so their eyes match each other. “None of this is your fault…everything happened for a reason…”

            “What if I lose my mom Mark? She’s the only one I got in this world…”

            “You still have me…I won’t leave you…that’s my promise…” Mark pulled Jinyoung into a tight hug.

            “If only…” Jinyoung words left hanging.

Then…

            “Yi-En ah, Jinyoung ah…”

            “Dad…”

Mark rushed towards his father.

            “Dad, you ok?” Mark checked his dad’s body.

            “I’m fine…just some scratches and bruises…I’ll be okay…” Ray went towards Jinyoung. “Your mom gonna be okay…”

            “Dad…” Mark looked at Ray. “I know this is not the time and place for it but there’s something that I need to tell you…”

            “What? You wanna tell me about you and Jinyoung being in relationship?”

Both boys stunned at the statement.

            “Dad…how…”

            “Did mom tell you?” Jinyoung asked.

            “Well…not really…I could sense something going on between the two of you…I thought that you’re just being friendly and getting along for our sake but it’s far beyond that…” Ray smiled.

            “Does mom know that you know?”

            “No…I was waiting for her to tell me…I knew this thing bothered her but I wanna wait until she’s comfortable enough to finally let me know…but we all know that is not gonna happen…”

A doctor came out from the emergency room. All three of them dashed towards her.

            “Family of Park Misuk?”

            “Yes…I’m her fiancé and these are our sons…” Ray said anxiously.

            “I have nothing but good news…she only suffered hairline fracture on her left fibula…a few scrapes and bruising on a few places when she fell on the pavement…other than that she would be on fast track of recovery…” the doctor said with a smile.

Jinyoung finally let out a breath of relieve when he heard the news.

            “Can we see her?”

            “Sure…as soon as we transfer her to normal ward…but I suggest only one of you with her…”

            “Thank you doctor…” Ray bowed as the young doctor walked away. “Yi-En ah, why don’t you take Jinyoung and go get something to eat?” Ray reached for his wallet and took out a few 10000won bills. “I’m gonna check on her…”

In the cafeteria…

            “I bought some bread…” Mark sat next to Jinyoung.

            “I’m not hungry…”Jinyoung said with his head hung low.

            “Then drink something…you must be thirsty…”

            “I’m not…” Jinyoung pushed aside the bread and a bottle of water. He laid his head on the table and tears fell down his cheeks.

            “Babe…” Mark felt uneasy seeing Jinyoung like this. He wondered if there could be something he can do to help calm Jinyoung down.

Meanwhile…

Misuk opened her eyes and saw Ray sitting on a chair next to her.

            “Welcome back jagiya…” Ray got up and planted a soft kiss on Misuk’s forehead.

            “Where am I?” she tried to sat up straight but a sudden pain prevented her from doing it.

            “Hospital…don’t you remember what happened to you?”

            “Vaguely I guess…I saw a car coming towards me…my legs hurts…” she looked down and found her left leg were on cast.

            “The doctor said that you have a fracture…nothing serious though…”

            “Look Ray…about our wedding…” Misuk’s eyes get watery. “I don’t think I can do it…”

            “Why not?”

            “It’s about Jinyoung…he and Yi-En…”

            “Look jagiya…I already knew about them…”

            “You do?”

            “Yeah…”

            “And you’re ok with it?”

            “Yup…I think they look good together…it looks like Jinyoung is the only one that can stand Yi-En attitude…”

            “What will people say? Are you worried about that?”

            “Honestly…I don’t give a damn what people gonna say…it’s our family… the boys looked happy together don’t you think?”

Misuk nodded.

            “Is this has been bothering you lately? Jinyoung and Yi-En being together?”

Misuk nodded again.

            “Look jagiya…I actually glad that the boys liked each other…I can see it in their eyes and for once I saw that Yi-En genuinely liked someone…the way he looked at Jinyoung is just the way I looked at you…”

            “You really don’t mind that they’re together? You really mean that?”

            “Yeah…besides, now I don’t have to worry about Yi-En getting some girl pregnant when he’s with Jinyoung…”

            “God…I feel so stupid right now…I even told Jinyoung to break things off with Yi-En just so that I could marry you.”

            “And yet you still decided to call off the wedding during last minute and ran away?”

            “I thought I was doing the right thing…Jinyoung gonna hate me…”

            “I doubt it…”

The door opened and Jinyoung rushed towards his mother, giving her a tight hug.

            “I’m so sorry ma…this is all my fault…” Jinyoung bawled his eyes out on his mother’s chest.

            “Hey…baby boy…shhh…” Misuk rubbed her son’s back. “None of this is your fault…”

            “If only I wasn’t so selfish…”

            “I was the one being selfish…Jinyoung ah…look at me…”

Jinyoung lifted his head looking at his mother. His eyes were puffy from the crying. Misuk wiped the tears away and kissed his cheek.

            “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have told you to do what I told you to do…and I’m glad that I raised a kid that firm to his belief…I never one felt what you had with Yi-En was wrong…it’s just my stubborn mind and I deeply regret that…”

            “Ma…”

            “Ray and I glad that both of our sons find love just the way we did…”

Misuk reached for Mark’s hand.

            “You both are my sons now…”

            “Ma…” Jinyoung hugged his mom.

The four of them huddled together for a warm hug.

            “So…” Ray broke the silence. “Looks like we have another wedding to arrange then…”

Jinyoung and Mark looked at each other.

            “Not you two…” Ray frowned. “Us…as you can see, the wedding got cancelled.”

            “Oh…” both boys said sheepishly.

            “Can we do it until my legs heal? I really don’t want to be photographed with an ugly cast on…”

            “Sure jagiya…anything you want…” Ray kissed Misuk’s lips.

            “Um…we better leave you guys alone…let’s go babe…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung’s hands and walked out from the room leaving their parents for much needed privacy.

Outside…

            “I’m glad everything worked out in the end…” Mark said still holding Jinyoung’s hand.

            “Yeah…”

Mark slammed Jinyoung against the wall.

            “What? What’s wrong?” Jinyoung asked.

            “I never thought I would say this but…I love you so ing much Jinyoung ah…”

            “Well…that’s goes both ways for us then…”

Jinyoung leaned and kissed Mark’s lips.

 

Epilogue

A year later…

            “Hurry up babe…” Mark rushed towards the dresser to get his wallet.

            “I’m coming, I’m coming…” Jinyoung put on his shirt and fix his hair. “Did dad say anything?”

            “No…he said that omma been feeling sick ever since they got back from Jeju the other day…he thought that she just had indigestion since they had a feast there but she seems get worst…”

            “I hope nothing serious…she’s rarely got sick but once she did, it could be hard on her…”

            “Are you ready?”

            “Yup…”

In the subway…

            “You know…it’s kinda weird calling your mom omma now…” Mark said as they ride the subway to the hospital.

            “Why?”

            “I dunno...it’s just that I never grew up with a mom before and now when my dad marries your mom…it’s just weird sometimes…”

            “Is it a bad weird or good weird kinda thing?”

            “Good weird definitely…”

Jinyoung took Mark’s hands and laced their fingers together.

            “We used to hate each other…our parents fall in love and we did too soon after…” Jinyoung caressed the back of Mark’s palm.

            “It’s one twisted love story if you ask me…you’re my step brother and my boyfriend wrap into one…”

            “Twisted love story from twisted family…”

            “But I won’t change it for anything…”

            “Me too…”

The boys arrived at the hospital soon after. They saw their parents together at the waiting area.

            “Ma…dad…”

            “Good you guys are here…” Ray hugged both boys.

            “What did you guys doing here? How school? You’re in college now…you can’t be skipping classes…” Misuk starts her nags despite her being uneasy from nausea.

            “Ma, it’s Saturday if you have forgotten…” Jinyoung shook his head. “So, what did the doctor say?”

            “We’re still waiting for the result…”

A male doctor came.

            “Sunbaenim…” he bowed.

            “Yes Jihoon ah…so, what do we got?” Ray was getting anxious.

            “Actually…there’s a good news…”

            “Good news?”

All four of them looked at each other.

            “Yes…we did some test and it’s positive…your wife is currently 2 months pregnant…”

            “PREGNANT?”

Jinyoung and Mark stood closer.

            “I think our twisted family is getting more twisted…” Mark whispered.

            “You bet…” Jinyoung nodded.

THE END

 

Another story ended...huuuu...I was coughing storm when I finally finish writing this....seeing your comments really motivates me even when my throat feels like there's sand paper stuck inside it...

I would like to thank my 280++ subbers that supported my MarkJin fic...never in my wildest dream that i thought I would have so many subbers since I'm not that very good writer (English wasn't my first language...)

You guys are the one that really makes my day...I'm glad that I could share a piece of my story with you guys...LOVE, HUGS and KISSES!!!!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

MY SUBBERS JJANG!!!!