Twenty-One

L♥VE HXTE

            “My mom found out about us…”

            “What?” Mark bolted right up.

            “You heard me…she found out…” Jinyoung sat up looking at the rather anxious Mark next to him.

            “How…when…”

            “I don’t exactly how and when but she did somehow…asking me whether I had ‘something’…” Jinyoung made an air quote. “With you…”

            “What do you say to her?”

            “The truth…that we’re dating…almost 3 months now…”

            “How did she take it?”

            “Calm I guess…she didn’t say anything…do you think it’s a good thing?”

            “I dunno…do you think my dad knows?”

            “Could be if she told him…”

Long pause break out between them.

            “I’m still thinking how she could find out…are we being too loud?” Mark stared at Jinyoung. “My room is sound proof…but your room is not…”

            “We? I remember you’re the one who’s being exceptionally loud…”

            “Me? Have you heard yourself when we do it? I wish I could record your screaming…” Mark laughed.

            “Yaa! It’s not funny…” Jinyoung smacked Mark’s back with a pillow.

            “You’re the one started it…but my guess…we both are loud…”

They looked at each other and laughed. Mark pulled Jinyoung closer to him.

            “So, what does it mean?” Jinyoung leaned his head on Mark’s shoulder.

            “Well…at least half of our problem is solved don’t you think?”

            “Maybe…but you have to see my mom’s face…it’s like I couldn’t tell whether she was mad, glad or anything…”

            “Let’s just pray for the best ok babe?” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s temple. It’s getting late…we better get some sleep…otherwise I would be having panda eyes at school tomorrow…”

The next day…

            “Morning dear…” Ray walked into the kitchen and saw Misuk preparing breakfast. He gave her a quick kiss on the lips and the rummaged through the fridge looking for a juice. “I think we run out of juice dear…” he sighed.

            “Ok…” Misuk answered blankly as she stirred the stew in a pot on the stove. She was startled when the stew boiled up and over flow.

*Damn it!* she scrambled to the sink and grab a piece of cloth.

            “Jagiya…you ok?” Ray rushed towards her, trying to look if she was hurt. “Did you burn yourself?”

            “No…my mind was elsewhere and I wasn’t aware of the fire…sorry…” she quickly turned the stove off and carried the hot pot to the table.

            “Aigoo…you never changed…” Ray pinched Misuk’s cheek gently. “What’s wrong? You haven’t been yourself ever since you get back from the office with Jinyoung yesterday…did your boss giving you hard time because you’re quitting the job after we got married?”

            “No…it was something else…”

            “You wanna tell me about it?” Ray held her hand.

            “I don’t know exactly how to tell you…” Misuk was a little hesitant to break the news to ray. She’s afraid that it will do damage to their relationship.

            “You’re not having second thought about our marriage right?”

            “No…of course not…gosh…this is hard…”

            “Tell you what…when you’re ready to tell me, we’ll talk…I don’t want you to stress out yourself…ok honey?”

***************************

            “You’re looking good…” Mark said watching Jinyoung standing in front of a huge mirror outside the changing room.

            “You think so?” Jinyoung checked out his reflection.

            “I know so…” he grinned.

They were at a tailor’s shop to pick up a suit for the wedding.

            “You boys done picking your favourite?” Ray said walked out in a white suit.

            “Woah…dad…you look great…” Mark said looking at his dad.

            “I am aren’t I?” Ray laughed.

            “The sales girls are checking you out…” Jinyoung whispered.

            “They can look but I’m taken…” Ray turned around and winked to the girls drawing giggles from them.

            “My mom is such a lucky woman…”

            “Actually, I like to think I’m the lucky one…” Ray patted Jinyoung’s shoulder. “Well, speaking about your mom…do you boys notice any difference with her lately? It seems like something been bugging her mind…and she’s not telling me.”

Mark and Jinyoung looked at each other.

            “Um…my mom can be a little hard to read sometimes…but I’m sure when she’s ready…she will talk to you…” Jinyoung said.

            “I sure hope so…I hate to see her like that…so, are you done choosing your suits?”

            “Yeah…” both of them nodded.

            “Good…let’s pay for it and get out of here…I’m getting hungry…”

After lunch…

            “I have to get back to the hospital…are you sure you don’t want me to drop you guys home?”

            “Yes dad…Jinyoung and I are meeting some friends…”

            “Okay…I’ll see you guys at home later…”

When Mark’s father was gone…

            “We’re meeting someone today?” Jinyoung asked.

            “Nope…it was just an excuse…although…” Mark smiled. “I’m taking you out on a date…Mark Tuan style…”

            “Oh really?”

            “Yup…so, are you interested?”

            “Of course…”

Mark held out his hand which Jinyoung gladly took and laced their fingers together.

            “Let’s go…”

Half an hour later…

            “What the hell are we doing here?” Jinyoung said looking at a giant rollercoaster in front of them.

            “I’ve always wanted to ride a rollercoaster on my first date…even though this is not our first date…you know what I’m trying to say right?”

            “Have you ridden this thing before?”

            “Um…no…”

            “I’m not getting on this…its way to scary…and you know I have issues with height…”

            “C’mon babe…” Mark pleaded. “Just this once…please…”

            “No…” Jinyoung wanted to walk away but Mark grabbed his hand.

            “Please…” Mark pouted, making his most adorable face ever.

Jinyoung debated but then he had to give in after seeing Mark’s pleading eyes.

            “Fine! If anything happened to me…you’re responsible for it!”

            “Yes babe!” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s cheek and together they went to the entrance.

Jinyoung was fidgeting in his seat with anxious. As they lowered the protection harness, he was close for mental breakdown.

            “Don’t worry babe…I’m here with you…” Mark squeezes his hand.

            “This is a bad idea I gotta tell you…”

3 minutes later…

            “Woohoo! That was awesome!” Jinyoung squealed when he got out of the exit. The rollercoaster ride was exciting than he expected and his fear of height is gone with the thrill.

            “Babe…wa…wa…wait up…” Mark held on the hand rail as his legs felt wobbly.

            “Babe…you ok?” Jinyoung asked when he looked at Mark’s pale face.

            “I think I’m gonna be sick…”

            “Let’s go have a seat first…”

They went to a nearby bench.

            “My stomach…” Mark hunched down.

Jinyoung suddenly burst into laughter.

            “What?” Mark stared at him.

            “Nothing…we totally should do this again…it’s fun!”

            “No way…and stop laughing! It’s not funny!” Mark crunched down fighting his urge to throw up from motion sickness.

            “It is to me…”

***************************************

Jinyoung was alone in his room when his mom came in.

            “Hey ma…” he said and continued his reading.

            “Jinyoung ah…can we talk for a sec?” Misuk sat on the edge of Jinyoung’s bed.

            “Sure…” Jinyoung put his book down and went towards his mother. “What is it?”

            “It’s about you and Yi-En…”

            “What about us?”

            “The thing you have…I mean the relationship the both of you have right now…it has to stop…”

His mom’s words felt like a bomb dropped onto his head.

            “What do you mean ma?” Jinyoung asked in confusion. He still hasn’t properly processed what his mother just said to him.

            “End your relationship with Yi-En…”

 

What happen next? Stay tuned for the next chapter update!

Don't forget to flood the comment box! Reading it really make my day...

Happy reading guys!!

ANNYEONG!!!!